Ravens at Chargers (+3.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Dan Snyder made the fatal mistake of challenging the league - 'FU - I'll run my organization as I see fit'. The Spanos clan are not trouble makers, just incompetent. No way the NFL 'forces' them to sell . . . . . . . . . . .
    Yep.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

So its not ok, to say what is wrong with Staley? That phrase he used does describe the problem with Staley(who is extremely political) because he is sooooo nice and polically correct that he uses phrases that players, fans, and most normal people do not understand..... that phrase is not meant to be political..... but just descriptive of the Staley nonsense.... but maybe we can say it another way, if that offends people?

my argument is how do you describe the difference between Staley who struggles to win against any bad team and the Steeler coach who never has a losing season....his steelers are not the most talented but they still win more than they lose.....over the years....

The steeler coach uses phrases like "football is a violent game and we need to get more violent"...
      vs Staley who says: "my players had a great practice and looked very connected"?????
      Staley also says his players "express themselves"!........ has there EVER been another coach who talks like that?????..... not a successfull one for sure!!!

I honestly am not here to offend anyone (except the greedy corrupt Chargers ownership...i know they have marketing people reading our posts....lol)..... and
      I wont use those forbidden words again.... since they are forbidden on this great forum, but what are the best politically correct words to describe this coach's inexcusable stupididty????... there has to be an acceptable word to decribe Staley.... and i will use those from now on..... lol

omg, Staley in his presser said he does not care what fans or any of us think????.... like he is so snoby he does not realize that fans pay for his salary and buy tickets, merchandise, etc,......the presser is for fans .... no one else cares about it, so Staley is clueless! and he offended me and every fan they have....
      Moron comes to mind . . . . . . . . . . . 'Arrogant Moron' for a more specific application . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

He will take the blame at the end of a Press Conference, after explaining all the ways it wasn't his fault before then.
        It's one of his more highly developed skills . . . . . . . . . . . 'Forward! (from the rear), when those in the front are dying' . . . . . . . . . . . .
        Last edited by Lefty2SLO; 11-21-2023, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Scharnhorst43 View Post
          bring in Fouts as director of football OPS. Too old to coach,but not tolerant of BS players and woe is me injuries
          I'm still curious about your username. Do you have a family connection? Did an ancestor serve on the Duke of York? The Scharnhorst interests me because 1. it was in the Channel Dash and 2. its sinking in 1943 was the result of Ultra at Bletchley Park finally breaking the code of the 4 rotor German Enigma. My dad was captured in 1942 during a raid in an attempt to pinch a 4 rotor Enigma.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Based on what? Where has he ever coached? What in the holy BeJesus did I just read?

Command a room? Where has he ever coached, id sure like to know. High school, his Sons Pop Warner team.....give me something besides your wildest , throw shit at the wall guess. TP wasn't a vocal leader at Pittsburgh. He led by example. Great player, great instincts but to assume he can step right in and be a good NFL coach with no experience is mind boggling and a huge dumb gamble.

Something JohnBoy might actually do and why we suck as a franchise.

At least Mayo is a coach in the NFL and i wouldnt hire him either.

Based on what people around the NFL has said. He led all of those Steelers teams. He was the guy in the locker room telling these guys to get going. He took the message from Tomlin.

Polomalo has been a leader of men and is a leader of men . Bringing sending guys to the NFL to college with his football programs in Oregon. Mentoring guys.

He has his footprint on a lot of guys in the league. Guys connect with him. Hearing Carson Palmer talk about what a leader he was and is. What he meant to him. Carson actually lived with the guy.

so yeah I’ve seen it from Troy. I know what Troy stands for. Accountability character. Doing it the right way. Preparing. The little things.

Demeco Ryan’s Defensive coordinator San Francisco 49ers head coach Houston Texans. Had it. Guys followed him. He had Leadership accountability. Guys follow that.

You change the culture. He’s changed the culture.he’d bring a new staff and run dick labues defense.

He’d hire a great staff.

Tony Dungy was a great leader and never raised his voice. He commanded respect.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              What’s concerning is these guys have tuned out Stayley.

When I hear something gotta change. That’s code for we don’t listen to this fucking guy.

I heard that from the Raiders from Devante Adams. And I bought that up.

looking at Kendrick’s these guys want him outa there.

the Stayley rant is because he has no control. When you as a coach mention drops and fumbles that’s adjacent to throwing guys under the bus. They know who you’re talking about.

just say we gotta make winning plays. We gotta execute. Protect the football. Ball security. It starts with me. I gotta do a better job having these guys ready. I didn’t hear that.

I agree, particularly when it's a guy like Mack saying it.

Theory; Staley did well with the Rams defense, mostly because he had great players, but also because his defensive schemes were different. Initially he had some small success with the Chargers D, but was hamstrung by inheriting players who were not scheme fit and by injury, BUT - NFL coaches are (by and large) pretty smart guys. IMO whatever component in Staley's D schemes that helped him be successful have now - in year 3 - been figured out by the rest of the league, And Staley simply does not have the experience or the smarts to develop a counter.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

So its not ok, to say what is wrong with Staley? That phrase he used does describe the problem with Staley(who is extremely political) because he is sooooo nice and polically correct that he uses phrases that players, fans, and most normal people do not understand..... that phrase is not meant to be political..... but just descriptive of the Staley nonsense.... but maybe we can say it another way, if that offends people?........
                Staley's problems have nothing to do with politics... or political correctness.
                I have absolutely no interest in what you think "that term" means.
                I can absolutely guarantee that you are not interested in hearing my thoughts on "that term"...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                  At least Mayo is a coach in the NFL and i wouldnt hire him either.
                  So, in other words, ahem, "hold the Mayo..."

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Theory; Staley did well with the Rams defense, mostly because he had great players, but also because his defensive schemes were different. Initially he had some small success with the Chargers D, but was hamstrung by inheriting players who were not scheme fit and by injury, BUT - NFL coaches are (by and large) pretty smart guys. IMO whatever component in Staley's D schemes that helped him be successful have now - in year 3 - been figured out by the rest of the league, And Staley simply does not have the experience or the smarts to develop a counter.
                    Here's another theory for you: What if the defense on the Rams Staley took over was ALREADY INSTALLED?...Then, all Staley did was to continue the previous program...AND he also had great players...then, when Staley comes to the Bolts, he says, "I'm going to install my OWN, ORIGINAL defense, and make a name for myself..."
                    (and it flopped...)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

Looking at the stats, MW hasn't missed as many games as it appeared to me (recency bias) , and KA has missed his share, too, including last year.

I think KA's stats this year, in part, are due to MW's, and now Palmer's, absences. He's the only guy who can get open and JH targets the Hell out of him.

Next off-season will be a mess, thanks to The Adventures of Tommy and John-Boy.
                      I think KA’s stats predate any and every other Charger that can be mentioned, he is the Chargers’ WR GOAT2 (post-Bambi). Absence of MW does lift his stats this year but its irrelevant, he is the dog that will always bite when needed. His only down years are injury years.

image.png
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's another theory for you: What if the defense on the Rams Staley took over was ALREADY INSTALLED?...Then, all Staley did was to continue the previous program...AND he also had great players...then, when Staley comes to the Bolts, he says, "I'm going to install my OWN, ORIGINAL defense, and make a name for myself..."
                        (and it flopped...)
                        A lot of truth here, in hindsight. Add a third - the top offenses have all adjusted to the Fangio scheme at the core of Staley’s design and are more successful against all teams that use it than they were 4 and 5 years ago. Then add the fourth factor - what Mr Genius Smarter-Than-You Staley added was elements to disguise formations and confuse QBs. On paper it seems genius indeed but ln practice what has happened is he confuses his own players more than he confuses the opposing offenses more. it’s a net negative addition to the Fangio scheme.

”its an execution thing”. Its finally clicked with me - Herein lies Staley’s fatal conceit and flaw. He will never get his flaw. he is not burdened with abnormally stupid players, his system requires more rapid split second decisions and reactions by 11 normal NFL players than they are able to reliably execute. Maybe it works on paper by a bunch of genius coaches sitting in chairs, but it doesnt work with live NFL athletes on a field with clocks ticking, bright lights glaring, etc. You can’t replace the best athletes with the best data processors as you can’t win without the best athletes. You have to adjust the scheme to fit the capabilities of your workforce and he just does not get it!

His design cannot be ever realized in the real world of real human players. I’ve worked in design and process development of various industries for 35+ years and while its very different, industry to industry, at the core of conceptualizing process excellence its always the exact same. I’ve seen it from “genius designers” time after time. A process will never be excellent if the design is too complex for humans to consistently and repeatably produce. If a design requires a process that is too complicated for the workforce to consistently and exactly repeat time after time - it is a bad design and has to be changed. You will have more field failures, more warranty returns, lower quality/higher scrap. There are entire professional fields of study on how to design products to optimize process repeatability that have been applied in industries like auto, aerospace’s, electronics, etc - they all trade off the “optimal perfect design” for a design that the workers can produce with the highest quality. Staley’s comments confirm to me he is never going to get this and is doomed to fail forever.

very sad to watch “smart guys” too stupid to understand things as basic as this.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

I saw a video of a guy analyzing it and the strength of schedule contributed to Rams success. They were ok against below average QB but stuggle against better ones. Similar to what we’re seeing now.

Comment

Working...
                          X