Ravens at Chargers (+3.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by el_jefe999 View Post

I picked up the ravens TE who is going to replace Andrews in my fantasy league for this matchup; he's going to feast. The one thing I don't want to see is the Chargers running a bunch of line stunts and twists trying to get to Lamar as it's going to open up huge run lanes for him it's all about keeping the contain on the rush this week.
    agree

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Ravens WRs vs Chargers CBs looks bad on paper and major advantage for Baltimore.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think Ravens will willingly go away from the run and pass for 350 yards. Zero confidence in our DC now

add: half of the big plays will be 6 yard passes with defenders 10 yards away and on the wrong side of the field.
        very very possible....

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

We can only hope, right?

Baltimore is second in the league in scoring, 4th in the league in defense (scoring) / 2nd in yardage. I wish the boys good luck . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm sure BS will outcoach John Harbaugh and give us an advantage (fuck no - so not happening) .

I predict KVN eats Pips lunch . . . . . . . . . .
          So if somehow the are in a one possession game with a chance to win..... Is it credit or just luck. Baltimore trap game. But some excuse or blame where the net result is our HC sucks, even if we win.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

So if somehow the are in a one possession game with a chance to win..... Is it credit or just luck. Baltimore trap game. But some excuse or blame where the net result is our HC sucks, even if we win.
            The sad thing is, that unlike a few years ago, where Herbert and the offense were absolutely clutch at end of games in desperate 4th down and 4th and long situations(though MW's clutch grabs were a big part of that)..... this current team has had multiple late opportunities with the ball in one score games BUT surprisingly never even got a first down???... lots of sacks, batted passes, drops.... penalties, etc.....

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Exactly. Every profession is different but they all have an analogous requirement for honest evaluation of dynamic data and performance and adaptive solutions. Your analogy is excellent - If kids consistently can’t get good scores, a good teacher can’t just keep blaming the kids for being dumb, blame parents for whatever, etc (= “execution”). My daughter had a horrible math teacher a year ago, could not teach anything and did not even have mastery of the basics to be able to. I had several meetings with her and the counselor and she told me the students need to study the lessons she delivers. I took it upon myself to teach her 7th grade math every day after school as I wouldn’t let her be victim to an intransigent incompetent teacher. I couldn’t wait for the system to fix itself. That teacher needs to be removed from math instruction.

Chargers need to stop waiting for Staley to get it because Staley has told us repeatedly, as recently as Sunday and Monday, that he won’t get it - his system is great and the blame is “execution”.

They can stop waiting for TT to acquire above-average talent as well - 10 years and 3 coaches is the end of his 4th quarter too.

Back to the topic at hand - I’m the great optimist here but I’m not confident at all that LAC will win. I will enjoy the game thoroughly as I always do but I don’t expect a big smile at the end of it. I see the Ravens carving his defense like a plump 6-legged turducken on Madden’s bus. Herbie will be valiant, he is a fucking God, but he will probably not be able to pull it out. Someone or several ones will pucker up like prunes at key points due to the pressure the defense creates on the offense.
              My youngest son is in college and he told me that before he registers for a class, he actually checks a teacher's RATING at this website: https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/

If a teacher has a rating of 2.5 or less out of 5, he checks the class schedule for a better teacher. It's great because students leave comments about the teacher, and it can really make a difference between a student understanding and excelling in a class, or hating it and even dropping out of college. Wouldn't it be interesting if the NFL players started up a website like "Rate my NFL Coach?" Comments and ratings would all be anonymous, of course. I'm thinking Staley wouldn't do too well...

Comment

• Scharnhorst43
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm still curious about your username. Do you have a family connection? Did an ancestor serve on the Duke of York? The Scharnhorst interests me because 1. it was in the Channel Dash and 2. its sinking in 1943 was the result of Ultra at Bletchley Park finally breaking the code of the 4 rotor German Enigma. My dad was captured in 1942 during a raid in an attempt to pinch a 4 rotor Enigma.
                No connection to the ship. Just a fan of WW2 history and the tragic end of ships and their crews, on both sides. Come to think of it, the Scharnhorst and the Chargers are very similar.... they both went down in flames and both due to inept management.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

My youngest son is in college and he told me that before he registers for a class, he actually checks a teacher's RATING at this website: https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/

If a teacher has a rating of 2.5 or less out of 5, he checks the class schedule for a better teacher. It's great because students leave comments about the teacher, and it can really make a difference between a student understanding and excelling in a class, or hating it and even dropping out of college. Wouldn't it be interesting if the NFL players started up a website like "Rate my NFL Coach?" Comments and ratings would all be anonymous, of course. I'm thinking Staley wouldn't do too well...
                  That is an interesting idea.....

just remembering a few weeks ago when Ekler who is a very nice polite person, was asked a question about the coaching, and he responded "do we have a choice???".... that to me said alot..... if Ekler who is a good smart player hates the way they are being coached, that says alot...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Scharnhorst43 View Post

No connection to the ship. Just a fan of WW2 history and the tragic end of ships and their crews, on both sides. Come to think of it, the Scharnhorst and the Chargers are very similar.... they both went down in flames and both due to inept management.
                    For ship analogies, I've been using the Boltanic for quite some time...Staley just keeps mindlessly dialing up the same defense with no regard for the consequences...In the same way the captain of the Titanic, under orders from the owner, steamed full speed ahead into a dangerous icefield with tragic results...

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The sad thing is, that unlike a few years ago, where Herbert and the offense were absolutely clutch at end of games in desperate 4th down and 4th and long situations(though MW's clutch grabs were a big part of that)..... this current team has had multiple late opportunities with the ball in one score games BUT surprisingly never even got a first down???... lots of sacks, batted passes, drops.... penalties, etc.....
                      Herbert has a bit of a windup and sidearms it a bit. I think that leads to more batted passes. He doesnt flick it and toss here or there. He has a bit of a mechanical set up to throw it. At least in my view.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Scharnhorst43 View Post

I was going to ask about that too...lol... becaue I'm a history buff....

Germans were very smart because they realized they only build a small navy, so they made ships that were too fast to catch by any ship with large enough guns to beat it..... Bismark and Tirpitz were the fastest heavy battleships ever made until the Iowa, wisconsin, missouri, and new jersey, which were were built later and slightly faster..... Sharnhorst and its sistership (starting with a g but I cant spell it..lol) were essentially fast heavy cruisers but with 11 inch guns vs typical 8 inchers on most heavy cruisers.... which means they could out run battleships and shoot other cruisers or other ships before they were in range.... ideal for their purpose of being shipping raiders....

Germans figured out it was more important to compartment ships into thousands of water tight compartments instead of just having super thick exterior armor belt... if Titanic was built that way, it never would have sunk..... those ships sank very slowly.....

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If we can keep this game close and have a chance to win at the end I'd credit the team (and BS) for performing beyond expectations. What did you expect? I don't need to manufacture, fabricate or embellish the circumstances to illustrate how bad BS is - he's doing that quite well on his own. I don't play that game anyway - I'm here to have discussions and vent a little - not try to win internet arguments.

Sorry man - our HC does suck, and has sucked. I'm impressed by your continued defense of him, but it doesn't change the facts . . . . . . . . If we had John Harbaugh and Baltimore had BS I'd feel a hell of a lot better about this game. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Having these coaching discussions with you reminds me of the good old days (last summer) arguing with d-mac and sonorajim . . . . . . . . . fond memories

Comment

Working...
                          X