• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Based on Andre Johnson stats, Keenan's gonna be a 3rd or 4th ballot HOF.
    I don't think Keenan is getting in at all.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by GoChargersGo!! View Post

Rivers didn't step up in the playoffs enough. No reason 2006 and 2018 Chargers should have lost to the Pats they were the better team with more talented players no question. 2006 and 2018 Pats had arguably the weakest teams talent wise that they had during their playoff runs. I liked Rivers he was a great player but I will go to my grave believing if Brees had stayed we win a SB with that 2006 roster. LT believes this too he has stated as much in interviews even though he liked Rivers. They didn't get it done though so end of story. Eli and Big Ben did have some great games in the playoffs that led their teams to SBs that's why they will be in and Rivers may not be.
      I stated why I don't think Eli or Roethlisberger should get in over Rivers. I'll add that Eli was clearly the inferior quarterback throughout most of their careers. He, like Roethlisberger, benefited from a superior coaching staff and team around him. In 2006 the Giants were close to firing Tom Coughlin and replacing him with Charlie Weis. Just imagine how the rest of Eli's career would have gone if that had happened. Just imagine how Ben's career would have gone if the Steelers had fired Bill Cowher after going 15-1 and getting slammed by the Patriots in the AFC Championship in 2004--and replaced Cowher with Norv Turner.

As for Brees, he had his chance with a great Chargers team in 2005. He played like shit in the weeks leading up to his injury, which was a huge factor why we were eliminated from playoff contention before the last game. Brees with Norv instead of Payton? Forget it.

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
        Bolt Up!
        • Jan 2024
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I stated why I don't think Eli or Roethlisberger should get in over Rivers. I'll add that Eli was clearly the inferior quarterback throughout most of their careers. He, like Roethlisberger, benefited from a superior coaching staff and team around him. In 2006 the Giants were close to firing Tom Coughlin and replacing him with Charlie Weis. Just imagine how the rest of Eli's career would have gone if that had happened. Just imagine how Ben's career would have gone if the Steelers had fired Bill Cowher after going 15-1 and getting slammed by the Patriots in the AFC Championship in 2004--and replaced Cowher with Norv Turner.

As for Brees, he had his chance with a great Chargers team in 2005. He played like shit in the weeks leading up to his injury, which was a huge factor why we were eliminated from playoff contention before the last game. Brees with Norv instead of Payton? Forget it.
        I'll agree Brees didn't play well in 2005 and then had the injury. The 2005 team is in no way better than the 2006 team though. Brees made it a game away from the SB in 2006 with the Saints that year. You don't think he could have done that with that 2006 Chargers team? What excuses are we making for the 2018 Chargers at the very least they should have made it to the AFC title against the Chiefs that year. Almost every analyst was picking them to beat the Pats that year they were favored and gave up like a bajillion rushing yards that game. It wasn't even a great Brady game that did them in he hardly had to throw that game.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by GoChargersGo!! View Post

I'll agree Brees didn't play well in 2005 and then had the injury. The 2005 team is in no way better than the 2006 team though. Brees made it a game away from the SB in 2006 with the Saints that year. You don't think he could have done that with that 2006 Chargers team? What excuses are we making for the 2018 Chargers at the very least they should have made it to the AFC title against the Chiefs that year. Almost every analyst was picking them to beat the Pats that year they were favored and gave up like a bajillion rushing yards that game. It wasn't even a great Brady game that did them in he hardly had to throw that game.
          I'm not sure what you're referring to with Brees in 2006. He was in an inferior conference and got his ass handed to him against the Bears in the NFC Championship Game. The next season Brees started the year with one touchdown pass and nine interception in the first four games, and the Saints were 0-4. They didn't make the playoffs in 2007 or 2008.

I'm not sure what you said about the 2018 team has much to do with Rivers. We were outrushed 155-19, and Brady did actually throw for 343 yards and a touchdown on 34 completions out of 44 attempts that day. Gus Bradley had a terrible gamplan against the Patriots' offense.

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
            Bolt Up!
            • Jan 2024
            • Send PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Brees in 2006. He was in an inferior conference and got his ass handed to him against the Bears in the NFC Championship Game. The next season Brees started the year with one touchdown pass and nine interception in the first four games, and the Saints were 0-4. They didn't make the playoffs in 2007 or 2008.

I'm not sure what you said about the 2018 team has much to do with Rivers. We were outrushed 155-19, and Brady did actually throw for 343 yards and a touchdown on 34 completions out of 44 attempts that day. Gus Bradley had a terrible gamplan against the Patriots' offense.
            Well that's a good point Brady passed for more yards that game than I remembered.

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

i think Keenan needs a couple more good years to have a decent shot (lifetime achievement award) - he also needs some playoff success to get his name out there.

WR is a very crowded room at Canton.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i think Keenan needs a couple more good years to have a decent shot (lifetime achievement award) - he also needs some playoff success to get his name out there.

WR is a very crowded room at Canton.
                It is a very crowded room, and many of them have been voted All-Pro multiple times--which Keenan has not. Keenan has been voted to the Pro Bowl six times but never All-Pro. Torry Holt was a two-time All-Pro and seven-time Pro Bowler. Reggie Wayne was a three-time All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowler. Steve Smith was a three-time All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowler. Chad Johnson was a four-time All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowler. If those four aren't in by the time Keenan is eligible he will also have to contend with Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, and others. I don't see it with Keenan.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Keenan isn't close to getting in.

he has never been the best WR ever in any year hes been playing.

same with Rivers. He was never the best QB in his years playing.

LT and Gates on the other hand were the best at the position for many years.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Add that to another reason we need to win the SB asap.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

DISRESPECTED!
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• TTThunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Gates contribution to the game >> Andre Johnson...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Every sports writer that votes for HOF boils down to this, (wipes drool from chin) "DuH, hOw MAnY sUPer BowLs dId He wIN?"
                          Freemasons have control on our society and manipulate things from behind the scenes. That's something you'll want to wake up about.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, and that's overthinking it. The HOF is about the players and their career. It isn't about the teams accomplishments.

Are they going to vote in Edelman because had a couple rings? It's fucking ridiculous. I hear every argument. Eli has two rings, Rivers has none.

Rivers is by far a better QB than Eli and his stats are much better but Eli has 2 rings and his last name is Manning.
                          Ben has 2 rings but he did absolutely nothing to earn the first one. He was awful.
                          Gronk has 4 rings, Gates zero. Gates has like 40 more TDs and way better stats and people just mention the rings.

That's just wrong when it comes to the HOF imo.
                          Gates' stats sure are better than Grownkowski.

Eli has had many games where his teams scored 0 points. The voters are letting that in?

Roethlisberger went to the Super Bowl 3 times. The best one of the 3 was the one that lost to the Packers in SB45.

If Rivers gets kept out because of the rings crap, then the voters have lowered the standard, if they haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                          X