• Show
Clear All
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Fozzy has looked good as a blocker. That right there gives him something the other two lack
    That......AND a high-quality University of Texas education!

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      I'm guessing Baker and Dallas Walker are added to Practice Squad if not signed elsewhere. Would rather have Baker on 53 than Fozzy or Hill from what I saw, but maybe Wiz has some pull on Fozzy and wants to keep him.
      Generally the ones you want to keep there are in the group you cut last...

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Baker split time in college with LaVeon Bell. He was a reach, like a lot of very late round draft picks. Not too surprising he ended up released; I just assume the coaches saw in practice that he wasn't going to make it.

Fozzy really does remind me of Brinkley when I see him run. Uncanny. I just hope he is a better player than Brinkley, who gave his all but his all was not enough.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

chargers: CB Steve Williams & DT Byron Jerideau to IR. Melvin Ingram to PUP. Ingram eligible to return to roster after Week 6. http://t.co/Ec6kEwTyUR

The San Diego Chargers made three additional roster moves on Monday.

Cornerback Steve Williams (pectoral) from California-Berkeley and defensive tackle Byron Jerideau (shoulder) from South Carolina were placed on Reserve-Injured. Williams is a fifth-round selection this year and Jerideau is a rookie free agent.

Linebacker Melvin Ingram (knee) was placed on Reserve-Physically Unable to Perform (PUP). The move means Ingram, the team’s first-round choice in 2012, will miss at least the first six weeks of the season. He is eligible to begin practicing any time after Week 6 through Week 11, and the team will have a 21-day window from the day he begins practicing to either add him to the active roster or have him remain on Reserve-PUP through the end of the season.

With the addition of cornerback Richard Marshall, the Chargers now list 78 players on the roster. The roster needs to be down to 75 players by 1:00 p.m. PT Tuesday and down to 53 players by 3:00 p.m. PT Saturday, Aug. 31.
          Last edited by Beerman; 08-26-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Those 3 cuts can't be very difficult.

Could say the same about the next 22 as well.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

at this point all i care about is meachem getting cut.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                at this point all i care about is meachem getting cut.
                That's gonna happen after the last game. Gotta have bodies to play WR. They should play him the whole game, maybe we can get something for him (highly doubtful, but ya never know).

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

i dont care when it happens, just let it happen. if he makes the team, it will go against everything mccoy has been preaching so far.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

and speaking of thursdays game, will our twos even play or will it just be the threes? will sorensen start?

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

I think they should just forfeit.

No one in the top 46 should be playing IMO.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I guess Ingram didn't need to be designated as Reserve-Injured (designated to return), because he actually didn't start Training Camp. They probably will have to review that when the six weeks are over. I think Dombrowski had the same designation last season. I'm hoping no one else gets hurt of significance.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          I guess Ingram didn't need to be designated as Reserve-Injured (designated to return), because he actually didn't start Training Camp. They probably will have to review that when the six weeks are over. I think Dombrowski had the same designation last season. I'm hoping no one else gets hurt of significance.
                          It's not week 6 anymore. He can stay on PUP till Week 11. He's eligible to return week 6, but that's never going to happen. We can keep up on PUP till week 11, then he has 21 days to practice before they have to make a decision. So we can pretty much stash him till the last few games. This allows us to keep the IR - designation to return for someone else.

It's a long shot he returns this season though IMO. I do think it's a good thing that he can practice though towards the end of his rehab period. That should help him going into the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X