Broncos at Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction(Week 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Broncos at Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction(Week 14)

Go Bolts!

• La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I think I'll watch the Bills/Chiefs game today and just score check on the Chargers rather than sit and stream for 3+ hours. Staley has just sucked all of the joy out of this season for me. When your thinking draft position for 2024 in November of 2023, that defines "train wreck" for me.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      I think I'll watch the Bills/Chiefs game today and just score check on the Chargers rather than sit and stream for 3+ hours. Staley has just sucked all of the joy out of this season for me. When your thinking draft position for 2024 in November of 2023, that defines "train wreck" for me.
      Good morning! Normally I’d be dropping F-bombs about the Broncos all week but I don’t even have enough confidence in my team to do that. As mental as this team is they once again have a opportunity in front of them to get right and get back in the mix.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Good morning! Normally I’d be dropping F-bombs about the Broncos all week but I don’t even have enough confidence in my team to do that. As mental as this team is they once again have a opportunity in front of them to get right and get back in the mix.
        I would agree with you. I just need to see a solid performance and beating the Patriots isn't enough. I think Denver is going to win today but like you said - two games in five games, they can be right there. But even if they get to 7-7, do we really think they would get to 10-7 - I don't.

But we shall see and since you didn't say, I will
        "F**k the Broncos!!"

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The Vegas consensus has dropped to Chargers -2.5 from -3.0 to start the week.

The playoffs in a way start today for the Chargers, because if they lose another game they are out of the post-season (most likely).

24-20 Chargers.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

With a little help, 9-8 would be enough.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              The Vegas consensus has dropped to Chargers -2.5 from -3.0 to start the week.

The playoffs in a way start today for the Chargers, because if they lose another game they are out of the post-season (most likely).

24-20 Chargers.
              Need a cleaner performance from the offense - and by offense, I mean the other 10 players around Herbert. Even with the win last week, how many dropped passes. 5 or 6? I think against the Packers there were 6 or 7? Ekeler had the fumble bug a couple weeks in a row

As for the defense - what defense will show up? The Packers/Lions defense or the Ravens defense?

I have it 27-23 type game - I think it will be the Broncos though that win

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                We got a lot of help last year and the path opened up wide for us and I remember one week late in the year where everything went our way. It helped that we got the Dolphins after they played the 49ers who physically beat the living shit out of them I watched that game.

Lose and the 🔥 🔥 🔥 gets real hot for Staley especially if it’s another head scratching excruciating loss.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

FTB Bolts! Get some ground & pound going.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

It’s game day. Time to forget the past. So BTFU. Bring on the doncs.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Bonus... Antonio Gates will be inducted into the Chargers Hall of Fame, and Philip Rivers will be in attendance!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        It's possible. A 9-win team has made it in both seasons since the league started playing 17 games.

The Steelers were 9-7-1 in 2021 and got in.

There were three 9-8 teams that season, including the Bolts, who were the lowest seeded of the 9-win teams due having the lowest conference win percentage.

The Dolphins got in with 9 wins in 2022 with a 7-5 conference record.

The Chargers' conference record right now is 3-4. If they did just win 4 of their final 5 their conference record would be 7-5.

It might come to down to head to head. If they lose to the Broncos today they lose that chance at a tie-breaker. They face the Broncos again in a few weeks, and the they play the Raiders and Bills, also competitors for a wildcard.

It's impossible to map out all the possible scenarios.

I guess my estimate is that 9 wins gives them a 50 percent chance, at best, to get in. Ten wins (and an 8-4 conference record) pretty much guarantees they get in.

Comment

Working...
                        X