• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Stick train didn't even leave the station lol.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

If Stick continues to play solid ball, he’s in line to get a decent contract as a potential starter elsewhere. Does that mean we get a nice comp pick in the next draft? Maybe even a 4th? I’d like that.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Stick played well v the Bills. I look forward to watching him grow the final two games. Beating either the Broncos or the Chiefs would be a bonus.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          If Stick continues to play solid ball, he’s in line to get a decent contract as a potential starter elsewhere. Does that mean we get a nice comp pick in the next draft? Maybe even a 4th? I’d like that.
          BTW, moved the post to this topic. First, I don't think Stick has shown enough to me that he is a starter in the league... I think he's appropriate for a #2 QB, and we are finding out what his limits are if he has to be brought in . As far as him leading to a decent comp pick, maybe. However that means he did get Paid, but also the Chargers didn't offset him. I think its likely that he'll come back with a contract similar to what Chase Daniel got, as you need a backup QB (and it isn't Max Duggan or the new guy).

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

BTW, moved the post to this topic. First, I don't think Stick has shown enough to me that he is a starter in the league... I think he's appropriate for a #2 QB, and we are finding out what his limits are if he has to be brought in . As far as him leading to a decent comp pick, maybe. However that means he did get Paid, but also the Chargers didn't offset him. I think its likely that he'll come back with a contract similar to what Chase Daniel got, as you need a backup QB (and it isn't Max Duggan or the new guy).
            Yeah, I think Stick is strictly a backup. He is getting this opportunity to get some experience, hopefully he gets better with each game he plays. I’d like to keep him as a long-term backup to Herbert. This experience will prepare him to be able come in for Herbert if needed in the future and play well enough to give the Chargers a chance to win.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Whoaaa, starter? Of course he isn't close to a starter in this league.

We won't get any comp pick if we lose him. Hec he would probably just accept another cheap deal to stay, and if he shows enough to be a decent #2 then we may have to resign him as we can't afford much else.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Remember Charlie Whitehurst ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  That was a trade. A very unexpected trade lol. Hec id take that same trade in a heartbeat. Be stunned if we strike gold twice.

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    The Jesus looking guy? I don't remember him ever playing. Billy Volek was a stud.

Comment

Working...
                    X