Game Day: Chargers at Las Vegas Faiders - TNF / Post Game Reaction (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think most of the team knew it wasn't their year. That JH10 to IR was final nail in coffin. And they just went through the motions. Hard to drum up want to win, when you think season is already over. That how you get whoop 42-0 in a half. Lifeless. Quit.
    That's what I saw mostly.
    I just want to be fair to those who genuinely did give up and those who didn't because the "Q word" is major.
    I saw a lot of defenders just assume LVr were going to run the ball, right before they decided to execute a trick WR pass play for a TD.
    I won't complain about getting run up on, but that was some classless BS by LVr and they risked injury to their own guys in the process.
    LVr had nothing to gain so it's definitely personal and I'm glad because I miss out school rivalries and hope this lights a fire under Herbert's ass to demolish the fucking raiders every damn chance he gets.

Finally,
    when everyone turned the game off, I saw our defeated defense at least hold them to 2 consecutive 3 and outs and Stick/Palmer playing for pride. definently have respect for a handful of guys trying hard in the 4th quarter despite the score.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Just watch D. James on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Vegas TD !
      Don't remember which one.
      I'll tell ya what,.....if Derwin's contract extension didn't kick in next season and carry a big dead cap, id put him in the trade block. It isnt feasible to do it now.

However, with a different scheme, hopefully he plays better or the next season he will be on the trade block or released.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

I think most of the team knew it wasn't their year. That JH10 to IR was final nail in coffin. And they just went through the motions. Hard to drum up want to win, when you think season is already over. That how you get whoop 42-0 in a half. Lifeless. Quit.
        A lot of teams are in that position and do not fold up like a cheap chair.

There is more to it than the nothing to play for bit, because players still will be judged for their performances in meaningless games.

They quit against Denver, the week before; and they were in playoff contention then.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Re: James
          I think velo, myself and a handful of others deserve a bit of kudos.
          Just sayin.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Go Chargers go
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2023
            • Send PM

I think they realized FO did not have a real backup QB. That signaled they don’t care if they win/

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Re: James
              I think velo, myself and a handful of others deserve a bit of kudos.
              Just sayin.
              I wonder when we'll start hearing what the hell was happening under Staley.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I wonder when we'll start hearing what the hell was happening under Staley.
                I think we saw it. His scheme required too much mental gymnastics and prevented the players from playing fast, loose, confident and aggressive. It confused them and they lost confidence and eventually will. He mindfucked them.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think we saw it. His scheme required too much mental gymnastics and prevented the players from playing fast, loose, confident and aggressive. It confused them and they lost confidence and eventually will. He mindfucked them.
                  It's all the disguise he does and it's what I meant by Derwin doing too much. Just let him play SS and bring on the line here and there. No need to play Star, Money, SS, Rambo and what other names he had for it.

His shit became Cover Who?...as Herm would say.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

while i love the idea, he is probably focused on coaching his sons right now. after they graduate, anything is possible.
                    Won’t Phil have sons graduating for the next 15 yrs or so?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

That is my thought as well. He is a smart guy, but too stubborn and not a good teacher which is a bad combination. The players were always a step slow.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Won’t Phil have sons graduating for the next 15 yrs or so?
                        he has mostly daughters. i think he has two boys in high school (at least one right now). he might be available in a few years, but i don't know if he would want to chain himself to an NFL coaching position. he made a lot of money.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2023
                          • Send PM

But i'd like to hear it from the players .... the only one who suggested it was sent packing to New England.

Comment

Working...
                          X