• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    I would do it to see the Bolts win a SB in person, but I can't see any other reason.
    Yea I'll pretty much move mountains if the Bolts ever make the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Is there such a thing as a third mortgage without my wife having to know???
      Go Rivers!

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        Personally, I think any games played in inclement weather are cool. I see no problem with it. Hell, it's FOOTBALL, not badminton.
        Next time BKR and I go to a game in Kansas City, and sit in the freezing rain tailgating for 2 hours before hand, and then sit in Arrowhead with the 19 degree wind
        swirling around us for 3 hours, you'll have to come with us, then see if you still feel that way.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
          Next time BKR and I go to a game in Kansas City, and sit in the freezing rain tailgating for 2 hours before hand, and then sit in Arrowhead with the 19 degree wind
          swirling around us for 3 hours, you'll have to come with us, then see if you still feel that way.
          I went to a game in Minnesota when I was a kid at the old Metropolitan stadium and sitting outside when the weather is in the 20's is freaking miserable. No thanks!

Comment

• Savage Lizard
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Big Bear
            • Self-employed property manager.
            • Send PM

The worst part of it is all the romanticizing of cold weather football. I want to see who the best football team is, not the team who can handle the cold the best. And I feel that way for pretty much all playoff games, but I know they won't move everything to neutral sites.

I am on board with those who are rooting for the worst storm ever in the history of all storms. I want the Super Bowl to suck so bad that whoever suggested it gets fired and his kids get fired from whatever jobs they are working. I hope it's 3-0 with 100 fumbles. I hope nobody shows up because it's so cold. I want the next guy to suggest a cold weather city for a Super Bowl to be slapped into the next week. I want people to universally regard this as the single worst decision ever made by the NFL.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I don't mind cold weather. Hell, I live in South Dakota.

And I actually think it can be a good thing, for home field advantage type of situations. I'm not against that at all.

But with the Super Bowl at supposedly a "neutral site" with neither team having home field advantage, regardless of their records.... You need to put it in a location where the weather (hopefully) doesn't interfere with the game. Let the game be decided by the players on the field, not the conditions of the field itself.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                Personally, I think any games played in inclement weather are cool. I see no problem with it. Hell, it's FOOTBALL, not badminton.
                Well for me, the Super Bowl was always about some sexy setting. In the middle of January (I'm dating myself) the game would be bathed in warm sunlight in some great locale. But now they do the game at night (which sucks), so at that point it doesn't f'ing matter to me.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
                  Can you incubate the fans from the cold? I think that's what sucks, not that the players have to play in it. 2 grand for a ticket to sit in 20 degree weather? Screw that.
                  What do you think people pay to go to the winter Olympics?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    I would do it to see the Bolts win a SB in person, but I can't see any other reason.
                    So you would need to know in advance they were going to win LOL

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      You left out a couple of key points:

1. "Tailgating" was us hanging out with a 12 pack in a nearly empty parking lot because even diehard Chiefs fans weren't that stupid.

2. At halftime we went up to get beers and I chose hot chocolate instead because I thought my life might be on the line. I then immediately got back in line to get another hot chocolate. LOL

3. Arrowhead is normally packed regardless of the weather. On that day, the whole upper deck was nearly empty.

I've been out in the elements many times. But I've never been so cold in my life. I swear, I thought I was going to die.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                        I don't mind cold weather. Hell, I live in South Dakota.

And I actually think it can be a good thing, for home field advantage type of situations. I'm not against that at all.

But with the Super Bowl at supposedly a "neutral site" with neither team having home field advantage, regardless of their records.... You need to put it in a location where the weather (hopefully) doesn't interfere with the game. Let the game be decided by the players on the field, not the conditions of the field itself.
                        Good point. I mean, if the Bills were going to end up playing the Falcons or whoever, there is built in advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          You left out a couple of key points:

1. "Tailgating" was us hanging out with a 12 pack in a nearly empty parking lot because even diehard Chiefs fans weren't that stupid.

2. At halftime we went up to get beers and I chose hot chocolate instead because I thought my life might be on the line. I then immediately got back in line to get another hot chocolate. LOL

3. Arrowhead is normally packed regardless of the weather. On that day, the whole upper deck was nearly empty.

I've been out in the elements many times. But I've never been so cold in my life. I swear, I thought I was going to die.
                          I remember those Chiefs fans "grilling" on top of a metal chair - if there's a grill present, it's a tailgate. :laugh: Those hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps drinks weren't too bad. They were called Benchwarmers. After a few of those, it didn't seem so bad. That cold/wet combination was brutal. Still not as bad as having to stand in snow in Germany for 8 hours straight for guard duty.

Comment

Working...
                          X