Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame / Game Day Thread / Post Game Rxn (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Harbaugh will be laser focused to establish a pound the rock running game! Also a tough as nails D that will make Herbert's job that much easier! Get Herbert some weapons around that plan and I like our chances!
    Bowers helps with a more explosive pass game and is a great blocker to help run game

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

And we very well could have Harrison jr.

1. Caleb

2. Maye

3. Daniels

4. Ponowou

5. Harrison Jr.

and I think the big trade will be the Bears trading back to three so Washington will have the number one pick and draft the local kid Caleb Williams.

the Bears will keep Fields get a kings ransom and draft Marvin Harrison Jr. the bears will have Fields Marvin Harrison Jr. and DJ Moore.

Arizona will draft Ponou to protect thier franchise with already having Parris Johnson they’ll have two of the best tackles in Football.

And we will draft Brock Bowers at 5.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        We could have Rivers to Gates again.

that’s pretty cool.
        That was the best!

Have to confess, one of the secondary reasons I want Bowers so bad is because Gates is pretty much my favorite Charger of all time. A dominating TE is so much fun

Comment

• el_jefe999
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

We’ve all seen the engine Gates was for the offense; herbo having a weapon.like that really helps solve the wr issue. Bowers has generational measurable as well as dominating at the highest level of college football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by el_jefe999 View Post
            We’ve all seen the engine Gates was for the offense; herbo having a weapon.like that really helps solve the wr issue. Bowers has generational measurable as well as dominating at the highest level of college football.
            There’s a couple I see as can’t-miss that will be at 5, he is very much on that short list
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If we win a super bowl and is a big part of it, who gives a shit if he has a better career than Olsen? Do we need him to match Gates career is that what you are holding to the standard? You are the one making a deal about this. You don't know what kind of career he will have and he isn't even on our team yet.

Ok, so you have an opinion. Thanks for sharing.
              odds are its gonna be another bust tight end drafted in the top 10

someone who won't help the Chargers get to the playoffs.

let alone a superbowl

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

That was the best!

Have to confess, one of the secondary reasons I want Bowers so bad is because Gates is pretty much my favorite Charger of all time. A dominating TE is so much fun
                Yes agreed.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Dream on to think you getting Bowers at 10th or later.
                  I can see him at 10 too. Too many great players at premium positions ahead of him.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• el_jefe999
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

odds are its gonna be another bust tight end drafted in the top 10
                    healthy skepticism is a good thing but when you match dominating the sec and off the chart measurables(we will see at combine/pro day) to equals a very low just potential

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Can we still have dominant, Harbaugh type OL/DL without spending our 1st on it?
                      I can't imagine Harbaugh depending on that 1 specific, albeit high pick to build an OL in his image.
                      if (big IF) but IF MH2 and Bowers are both "generational" prospects at their position, I'd gotta think even Jim would be willing to fins his linemen elsewhere, right?
                      Not for me. There are a couple of plug and play massive upgrades at OT for the franchise QB. And it's more important to prioritize that over the skill players. I don't think MH2 will be there at 5. And for me Bowers at 5 is too high for him.
                      I'd rather have the OT. Alt or Fashanu. And I think they should invest in OL in free agency as well. Need a Center too. Cushinberry would be a plug and play free agent. Now Herbert can have the time he needs to throw to his WRs, TEs, RBs.

​​​​​
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by el_jefe999 View Post
                        Bowers is special, I would draft him at 5 and not look back, a lot of the TEs that went that high in the past didn't have a Justin herbert waiting in the wings to throw the ball to them either, most of those guys went to awful situations...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

it wasn't too long ago when most recognized that this was the smartest strategy to play to our strength, namely Herbert.
                          The best model out there is SFs offense, however imperfect, and we have a qb that has the skills and mental fortitude to get the ball to anywhere on the field.
                          it's literally an arms race!
                          Herbert has shown he can play patient, small ball under Lombardi
                          And/or deep bombs to guys like Tbilly and Guyton.
                          in fact, Herbert has shown just about every requisite skill a pro qb needs to run any offense.
                          Jim's job will be to protect JH and get his the best possible weapons to have a flexible offense that can do anything from grind it on the ground/westcoast offense to airing it out.
                          Woodeye presented a video on how modern defenses are able to win against modern offenses, the antidote to that are dangerous skill guys and a smart qb to make the best decisions.

Bowers with Herbert absolutely has a chance to be in Kelce/Kittle level. YAC, redzone threat, run blocking, pass protection. A truly unstoppable offense.
                          Sounds good. How about this: Bowzer in round 1, O-line in rounds 2 and 3?

Comment

Working...
                          X