Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame / Game Day Thread / Post Game Rxn (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Fire Kellen Moore on Black Monday. Hasn't shown anything with Herbert or Stick against teams playing backups.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sounds good. How about this: Bowzer in round 1, O-line in rounds 2 and 3?
      i like it, but we probably will lose Bosa and Mack - it would be good to get an Edge in the 2nd round. i am wondering if we can scrape together an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick somehow.

I am skeptical of the trade value of MW, Bosa and Mack. teams know we have to unload them for cap reasons. MW and Mack only have 2024 left on their contracts. Bosa has 2 years left, but is probably the worst "injury to salary" ratio in the NFL (always hurt with a sky-high salary).

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
        Fire Kellen Moore on Black Monday. Hasn't shown anything with Herbert or Stick against teams playing backups.
        I was not impressed with Kellen Moore's offense, at least not after they lost Linsley, before that happened they looked okay, but post Linsley the offensive line play took a massive nose dive...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

That was the best!

Have to confess, one of the secondary reasons I want Bowers so bad is because Gates is pretty much my favorite Charger of all time. A dominating TE is so much fun
          Doesn't hurt that they have the exact same height and wei of 6'4" 240.
          Brock looks yolked though, idk how much more he can add.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sounds good. How about this: Bowzer in round 1, O-line in rounds 2 and 3?
            100% on the table.
            protect the franchise is priority 1
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Not for me. There are a couple of plug and play massive upgrades at OT for the franchise QB. And it's more important to prioritize that over the skill players. I don't think MH2 will be there at 5. And for me Bowers at 5 is too high for him.
              I'd rather have the OT. Alt or Fashanu. And I think they should invest in OL in free agency as well. Need a Center too. Cushinberry would be a plug and play free agent. Now Herbert can have the time he needs to throw to his WRs, TEs, RBs.

​​​​
              So my biggest concern was that Alt and Fashanu would be projected at ORT and that is a risk I'm not willing to gamble on at 5, but is that not a concern for you or do you have other plans?
              If either can step in and play ORT at a high enough level that didn't require TE help consistently, who can block elite passruahers 1:1 as well as stunts and be average to above avergae in the run game, I can definitely be on board.
              but imagine we draft Alt and he looks like Mike McGlinchy.
              I'd be devastated.

Imo, we simply can't assume.
              and the highest rated ORT is the Bama kid, and im not interested in him within the first 2 rounds.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So my biggest concern was that Alt and Fashanu would be projected at ORT and that is a risk I'm not willing to gamble on at 5, but is that not a concern for you or do you have other plans?
                If either can step in and play ORT at a high enough level that didn't require TE help consistently, who can block elite passruahers 1:1 as well as stunts and be average to above avergae in the run game, I can definitely be on board.
                but imagine we draft Alt and he looks like Mike McGlinchy.
                I'd be devastated.

Imo, we simply can't assume.
                and the highest rated ORT is the Bama kid, and im not interested in him within the first 2 rounds.
                Slater in final year of contract in 2024.
                Joe Alt should play Left Tackle. Started 33 games there.
                I would move Slater to RT. He started 26 games there during college so playing on that side is not new to him.
                ​​​​​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I would move Slater to RT. He started 26 games there during college so playing on that side is not new to him.
                  ​​​​​
                  So you're prepared to let Slater walk after next season? Or
                  Ftag? That won't go over well.
                  now we're just TRYING to justify OT at 5.
                  Why would we want to severe our relationship with our best lineman?
                  Gotta be honest, I don't think this a good plan at all.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Bowers is special, I would draft him at 5 and not look back, a lot of the TEs that went that high in the past didn't have a Justin herbert waiting in the wings to throw the ball to them either, most of those guys went to awful situations...
                    great point like Desmond Ridder.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Doesn't hurt that they have the exact same height and wei of 6'4" 240.
                      Brock looks yolked though, idk how much more he can add.
                      Gates had that old man body. Crafty could get anywhere on the field. That big build.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i like it, but we probably will lose Bosa and Mack - it would be good to get an Edge in the 2nd round. i am wondering if we can scrape together an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick somehow.

I am skeptical of the trade value of MW, Bosa and Mack. teams know we have to unload them for cap reasons. MW and Mack only have 2024 left on their contracts. Bosa has 2 years left, but is probably the worst "injury to salary" ratio in the NFL (always hurt with a sky-high salary).
                        Value will be settled based on
                        1. Who’s available in FA (eg for no picks)?
                        2. Does more than 1 team have interest?

The problem is these guys are signed to top market FA contracts already - so any comparable FA on the market reduces trade value. #2 - Teams know we have to reduce cap but they don’t know we have to do it with THEM, if they really want someone they have to compete with the market for him.

I got no idea but am very skeptical we are seeing 2s and 3s out of it. Would love if we do.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

​​​​
                          Slater will have his 5th year option excercized this year so he be on contract til 2025. He was playing with what i read, two bad ankles this season. Started with one then i guess sprained the other, idk.

Comment

Working...
                          X