Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame / Game Day Thread / Post Game Rxn (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So you're prepared to let Slater walk after next season? Or
    Ftag? That won't go over well.
    now we're just TRYING to justify OT at 5.
    Why would we want to severe our relationship with our best lineman?
    Gotta be honest, I don't think this a good plan at all.
    I'm not. They can do a 5th year option with him. And then they can franchise tag him too after that. So they can keep Slater for 3 seasons. But they should give him a new contract to be part of Oline long term.
    What they cannot do is continue to be a team that isn't great at line of scrimmage and expect different results.

I'm doubling down on having really good OTs.
    I'm tired of snap, pipkins whiffs and the whole play is over.
    You will find close losses again and again if you cannot win at the line of scrimmage. Do you guys want Herbert hurt again for 3rd straight year. I don't. There are so many weapons available in free agency. They could add a track team of bargain free agents in off season. They need to be much better up front.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Value will be settled based on
      1. Who’s available in FA (eg for no picks)?
      2. Does more than 1 team have interest?

The problem is these guys are signed to top market FA contracts already - so any comparable FA on the market reduces trade value. #2 - Teams know we have to reduce cap but they don’t know we have to do it with THEM, if they really want someone they have to compete with the market for him.

I got no idea but am very skeptical we are seeing 2s and 3s out of it. Would love if we do.
      MW - pick swap at best
      Bosa - maybe a 4th but probably a pick swap involved. But there might be more value in being able to classifty Bosa as a June 1 cap than getting a 6th round pick
      Mack - might get a 3rd - but probably a 4th

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm not. They can do a 5th year option with him. And then they can franchise tag him too after that. So they can keep Slater for 3 seasons. But they should give him a new contract to be part of Oline long term.
        What they cannot do is continue to be a team that isn't great at line of scrimmage and expect different results.

You will find close losses again and again if you cannot win at the line of scrimmage. Do you guys want Herbert hurt again for 3rd straight year. I don't. There are so many weapons available in free agency. They could add a track team of bargain free agents in off season. They need to be much better up front.
        Our interior OL sucks too. Need a vet OC and draft Beebe.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
          Fire Kellen Moore on Black Monday. Hasn't shown anything with Herbert or Stick against teams playing backups.
          Not only that, but since Moore left the Boys, they're playing a LOT better...less Moore is more...

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

That's all fair, but I think there's practical leg work to be done.
            IDK how it's done at the NFL level, but if we draft an elite OT,
            I want them here for 10+ years.
            So either he kr Slater has to be willing to play ORT long tern.
            Sure, you can be that cowboy GM who drafts takent and worries later, but then you run into an, "Orlando Brown" situation--only, he was a 5th rounder, not a top 5.
            I think it's pretty customary for teams to ask prospects and their agents around parameters such as, "are you comfortable playing ORT?"
            or
            "Lamar Jackson, are you comfortable playing WR?"
            But the fact is that any elite OT prospects, wouldn't have incentive to be that flexible, they understand the money involved and even if it were the same, these are prideful guys who have every bit of leverage to play THEIR position.
            vs some 6th rounder desperate to make a team.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

That's all fair, but I think there's practical leg work to be done.
              IDK how it's done at the NFL level, but if we draft an elite OT,
              I want them here for 10+ years.
              So either he kr Slater has to be willing to play ORT long tern.
              Sure, you can be that cowboy GM who drafts takent and worries later, but then you run into an, "Orlando Brown" situation--only, he was a 5th rounder, not a top 5.
              I think it's pretty customary for teams to ask prospects and their agents around parameters such as, "are you comfortable playing ORT?"
              or
              "Lamar Jackson, are you comfortable playing WR?"
              But the fact is that any elite OT prospects, wouldn't have incentive to be that flexible, they understand the money involved and even if it were the same, these are prideful guys who have every bit of leverage to play THEIR position.
              vs some 6th rounder desperate to make a team.
              Okay but they can still hold onto Slater for 3 seasons and get something in return if they cannot work out a deal. But in these deals it's all about the guaranteed money. So they can give him 5y/75m with 50mil guaranteed. And he can be happy knowing that he has all that guaranteed money in the event he suffers a career ending injury. And not need a 100mil contract which can also be just 50mkl guaranteed.

It will be interesting. I do think they draft MH2 if he is there.
              Otherwise I see the OT as the likely pick.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Okay but they can still hold onto Slater for 3 seasons and get something in return if they cannot work out a deal. But in these deals it's all about the guaranteed money. So they can give him 5y/75m with 50mil guaranteed. And he can be happy knowing that he has all that guaranteed money in the event he suffers a career ending injury. And not need a 100mil contract which can also be just 50mkl guaranteed.

MH2, Nabers, or move down a few spots in a trade...I don't consider an offensive tackle an impact player that will change games so that's why you only draft insanely good ones there. We have two very expensive rushers and two very expensive receivers and you don't see a bigger need there?
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Okay I hear your position and think that's more than fair, a little aggressive for my taste but if Harbaugh and company have that kind if pull, I can get on board.
                  eod I think that's a bit of square pegs/round holes and there's an obvious PON at TE that would be filled in smoothly by Mr. Generational Talent.
                  I think we risk tampering with one of the few things going right with us.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    Fire Kellen Moore on Black Monday. Hasn't shown anything with Herbert or Stick against teams playing backups.
                    agree

clean house

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

MH2, Nabers, or move down a few spots in a trade...I don't consider an offensive tackle an impact player that will change games so that's why you only draft insanely good ones there. We have two very expensive rushers and two very expensive receivers and you don't see a bigger need there?
                      Chargers need a play maker, they have none.

Daniel Jeremiah was saying this during the Chief's game yesterday when they would go on those long 15 + play drives

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Okay I hear your position and think that's more than fair, a little aggressive for my taste but if Harbaugh and company have that kind if pull, I can get on board.
                        eod I think that's a bit of square pegs/round holes and there's an obvious PON at TE that would be filled in smoothly by Mr. Generational Talent.
                        I think we risk tampering with one of the few things going right with us.
                        But he isn't a generational talent. He is overrated. Not worth a top 10 pick. Likely not even worth a top 20 pick.

​​​​​See video link. Guy does a good job addressing this.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I do. Take K.Williams off 49ers and the backup got beat and that offense struggles and QB is getting sacked. And the weapons don't look so special anymore. The entire offense cannot put drives together anymore. Because K Williams isn't on the field. Add him back in and Brock has all day to find a target.

Comment

Working...
                          X