• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whydachargers?
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Aidan O'Connell over Justin Herbert? I don't think so.
    Well, looking at the best teams currently in the NFL they seem to share one thing (other than KC)...great defense. Baltimore, Dallas, SF, Philly, and Cleveland.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

what if winning isn't enough when egos are involved? in San Fran it didn't save his job...
      He lost a power struggle with the general manager, Trent Baalke, who ended up getting fired a few years later after he replaced Harbaugh with Jim Tomsula, who got fired after one year, and replaced Tomsula with Chip Kelly, who got fired after one year. This is why you allow Harbaugh to pick the general manager he wants to work with, as the Seahawks did with Pete Carroll.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

what if winning isn't enough when egos are involved? in San Fran it didn't save his job...
        Are you seriously worried about what might happen if we win the afc west 3 straight times and maybe get a Super Bowl trophy?

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He lost a power struggle with the general manager, Trent Baalke, who ended up getting fired a few years later after he replaced Harbaugh with Jim Tomsula, who got fired after one year, and replaced Tomsula with Chip Kelly, who got fired after one year. This is why you allow Harbaugh to pick the general manager he wants to work with, as the Seahawks did with Pete Carroll.
          I agree about Baalke being the problem. However, I do think that it is interesting that there’s still tension between him and people in power, even if they go way back.
          The Wolverines' top man loves to use adversity and enemies -- real or imagined -- to galvanize his team, but this season, he's taken it to a new level.

Manuel followed Ono's answer by mentioning, unprompted, the reported tension between him and Harbaugh. Michigan insider John U. Bacon reported in January 2023 that Harbaugh and Manuel had not spoken in months.

The fact that Ono broke the news on social media that Harbaugh would remain at Michigan for the 2023 season -- after speaking directly with Harbaugh -- rather than Manuel, who isn't on social media, amplified speculation about the Harbaugh-Manuel dynamic. Manuel and Harbaugh were teammates at Michigan in 1986 under Schembechler, when Harbaugh was a team captain and Manuel a freshman lineman. Although Manuel did not hire Harbaugh, the two remained in contact. Harbaugh interrupted Manuel's introductory news conference at Michigan by presenting him with a personalized Michigan football jersey with the No. 79, which Manuel had worn for the Wolverines.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This is me. It seems so logical and so close to happening, yet...I am a Charger fan, used to having my very soul crushed every year...
            Exactly right If they don't get Harbaugh - oh well.
            But until he says No, just going to hope the Spanii get it right

Comment

• Whydachargers?
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

Well, looking at the best teams currently in the NFL they seem to share one thing...great defense. Baltimore, Dallas, SF, Philly, Buffalo, KC and Cleveland.
              Fixed my own post.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

I'm not worried about power struggles against other hires, my concern is him butting heads with John Spanos, a HC like Harbaugh would mean a significant decrease in John's influence inside the FO...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not worried about Jim, my concern remains and will continue to be the family...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

I'm not worried about power struggles against other hires, my concern is him butting heads with John Spanos, a HC like Harbaugh would mean a significant decrease in John's influence inside the FO...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not worried about Jim, my concern remains and will continue to be the family...
                  Really nothing we can do about that. It will always be a concern, no matter who the head coach is.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I agree about Baalke being the problem. However, I do think that it is interesting that there’s still tension between him and people in power, even if they go way back.
                    The Wolverines' top man loves to use adversity and enemies -- real or imagined -- to galvanize his team, but this season, he's taken it to a new level.

That was an interesting article. I must say I love it, and he's exactly what we need.

I loved this quote: "I've been around a lot of highly competitive people before," said Bowlsby, who led athletic departments at Northern Iowa and Iowa before Stanford. "But I don't know if I've been around anybody that's any more competitive than he is."

The former general manager of the Chicago Bears said the two most competitive players he's ever seen were Walter Payton and Jim Harbaugh.

Then there was the time he punched Jim Kelly.

And there was the time he and Jim Schwartz had an issue.

Harbaugh is exactly the type of guy I want us to take on the Chiefs (the most at this particular time), Raiders, and Broncos.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

That was an interesting article. I must say I love it, and he's exactly what we need.

I loved this quote: "I've been around a lot of highly competitive people before," said Bowlsby, who led athletic departments at Northern Iowa and Iowa before Stanford. "But I don't know if I've been around anybody that's any more competitive than he is."

The former general manager of the Chicago Bears said the two most competitive players he's ever seen were Walter Payton and Jim Harbaugh.

Then there was the time he punched Jim Kelly.

And there was the time he and Jim Schwartz had an issue.

Harbaugh is exactly the type of guy I want us to take on the Chiefs (the most at this particular time), Raiders, and Broncos.
                      Can’t wait or him to knock Sean Payton out. And he’ll get another shot at Schwartz as we play the Browns

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I’m not worried about him butting heads with John at all.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m not worried about him butting heads with John at all.
                          I feel better now...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X