• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

know you keep on top of things, and would guess that you've seen pundit o' plenty w/Sinnott slotted in the second, if not early in the second, and.... will go out on the proverbial limb and say that he could well catch more balls/gain more yards than your boy Bowers.... reminder that his hands and blocking are just as good if not better than Brock, and that he is the better deep threat.... will volunteer that he is better value day two than Brock day one.
    Agree with Bolt here actually.

This draft at TE is Bowers and the Seven Dwarfs.

I do think that's why in part the additions of Dissly and Hurst were done so swiftly.
    I like one of these guys in the 4th or 5th that you could develop by giving them a small role to start behind Dissly, Hurst & Parham.
    1. Jared Wiley
    2. Cade Stover
    3. Tanner McLachlan
    4. Erick All (Big injury concerns though)

Get one of these guys and coach em' up with a bigger role in 2025 in mind.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      NT1 * how many NTs have we had this 21st century, and is that ever going to change, and is there someone worthy of your draft capital this go 'round
      DT1 * don't see Poona as your starter, and would love to trade down for the likes of a Jer'Zhan or Byron Murphy round one, or you see someone @37 you like
      DT2 * you think Poona is gonna get the lion's share of the snaps here, but would still like to hedge your bets against him and our youth behind him
      DE2 * not sold on Bosa's availability and perhaps not sure that Tuli is gonna be star enough to your liking and would like to hedge your bets, early on
      ED1 * convinced Mack won't be here next year, and def not sold on Rumph behind him, and so this is a high round one priority
      ED2 * would like to have someone to develop behind Mack, if not in solid rotation this next season
      OLB1 * Henley smenley, as not sure he is the goods, and really need a decent coverage LB that is not gonna have durability concerns
      OLB2 * would like to give our young guys a(nother) chance here, and are content to draft some depth behind them
      ILB1 * Denzel is a huge injury concern, not to mention he can't cover didley, and you feel it's paramount to give Minter someone that best fits his scheme
      ILB2 * am ok w/Denzel for now, but would like a day two guy or maybe even day three (Jeremiah Trotter) to groom behind Denzel
      CB1 * you don't think Fulton is a cover one kinda CB, and are adamant that we need to spend early draft capital here to handle the No.1 wideouts
      CB2 * you are fine giving Fulton a shot to return to form, but would def like to hedge your bets here, behind the both of him and Asante (@boundary corner)
      NB1 * not one of those guys that claims we have not one, but two guys who can play the slot, and wish to get a competent Callahan replacement, day two
      NB2 * you are ok w/Ja'Sir for now, but would like to see if you can hedge your bet somewhere in the draft and extract a gem from later on in the process
      FS1 * not sold on JT Woods, nor a huge fan of Alohi as your FS, and would like to find a day two talent to play Minter's Cover 3
      FS2 * you are ok w/giving Woods another shot @things, and are ok w/Gilman alongside Derwin, but would like to see if you could hedge your bets here some
      SS2 * thinkin' you need a third SS for Minter's D, and are maybe thinkin' about what life might be without DJ, via either trade or another injury plagued season
      you offered many thought-provoking comments on your two posts, but I have no idea what you're doing. you discussed 33 different positions, where are you going here?

sorry, I could just be slow ...
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I do think that's why in part the additions of Dissly and Hurst were done so swiftly.
        I like one of these guys in the 4th or 5th that you could develop by giving them a small role to start behind Dissly, Hurst & Parham.
        1. Jared Wiley
        2. Cade Stover
        3. Tanner McLachlan

Dissly+Husrt to me signaled they're not spending a Top11 on Bowers but that could be 180 off. who knows.

I like Wiley, McLachlan, Johnson as a receiver. the overwhelming peer pressure at TPB says JH2 will never want a TE thats not a road grading "6th OL" monster. beats me if thats true.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

you offered many thought-provoking comments on your two posts, but I have no idea what you're doing. you discussed 33 different positions, where are you going here?

sorry, I could just be slow ...
          hah.... am going in circles like most everyone else here.... plenty o' folks here are pretty much demanding we get this guy or that, all the while burning up draft picks like they're fallin' off trees, and....

we're all outta our trees, as we know we've only got nine picks, and so.... which of the above 33 "needs" do you fill w/your nine picks ??

you draft WR1 @5, you're done.... no CB1, no ED1, no RT1, no TE1

you draft DT1 @37, then you're done again.... no OC1, no LB1, no NT1, no FS1

you draft NB1 @69, then you're done thrice again.... no RB1, and so on and so forth

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Dissly+Husrt to me signaled they're not spending a Top11 on Bowers but that could be 180 off. who knows.

I like Wiley, McLachlan, Johnson as a receiver. the overwhelming peer pressure at TPB says JH2 will never want a TE thats not a road grading "6th OL" monster. beats me if thats true.
            Agreed on this.

That's why I'm a little bullish on Wiley because he has that 6'6 frame and played at 250-255ish. If Coach Herbert can put muscle on his lower half and get him to around 260-265 and he's still got that 4.6 speed. That may be a very poor man's Gronkowski. He runs the seams very well.
            I'm open to any developmental guy they choose though.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

1. Jared Wiley
              2. Cade Stover
              3. Tanner McLachlan

Lol,. As funny as that is, I do also like Sinnott, just not at 37. Hec we could get a real good CB, DT or OG there who can start over a development TE.

I also do like all those others late, except maybe All. Some also like Reiman. He is meh, for me.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Stuck at 5 mock...I can live with it.
                Attached Files
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

I think Hurst is on a 1 year deal and Dissly is on a 4 yr deal. I'm not sure Bowers is off the table.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Stuck at 5 mock...I can live with it.
                    Looks like the big board came to you friend.
                    Maybe we should stick and go BPA.
                    Vidal is a huge hit for me.
                    Thick legs, quick feet, Natrone says hello.
                    Kimani is draft best at pass pro.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I think Hurst is on a 1 year deal and Dissly is on a 4 yr deal. I'm not sure Bowers is off the table.
                      You could be right.

Diss got a FOUR year deal? No shit? I didn’t realize that, whoa. How much is guaranteed, the first month?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

You could be right.

Diss got a FOUR year deal? No shit? I didn’t realize that, whoa. How much is guaranteed, the first month?
                        He got a 3-year $14 million deal with $10 million guaranteed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He got a 3-year $14 million deal with $10 million guaranteed.
                          Well how bout dat? 127 catches in 6 years gets you 14M nowadays? I figured he was a $2.5M/per type of guy, huh.

Comment

Working...
                          X