Would have to say the two best teams are Denver and New England in the afc

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
      Would have to say the two best teams are Denver and New England in the afc
      I'm still not sold that Denver's offense is going to be good enough. Clearly they have a dominating defense, but they will need to score at some point and I'm not sure they can.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I'm still not sold that Denver's offense is going to be good enough. Clearly they have a dominating defense, but they will need to score at some point and I'm not sure they can.
        Their defense is scoring enough for them...

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

HOU was undefeated and looked really good in their two previous games. They just ran into a robot-like team in NE.

Belichick and NE shown that if a team truly play as 1 unit, it can overcome any injury, HOF QB, potential star QB, rookie backup, the most dominating TE was limping around today and wasn't contribute much, whatever, it doesn't matter.

That's why despite the loss of Allen, the second best player on the team, and Woodhead during last Sunday game, we still dominated JAC. We played somewhat close to NE level last Sunday and we ended up destroying JAC, and they are a very talented team. Allen Robinson is one of the most explosive and dominating WR, if you're playing fantasy football then you know how he put up insane numbers on a weekly basis. But our underrated secondary shut him down.
          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

As gross as it is, I've already accepted that the Pats are going 19-0 this season. That way, if someone does manage to beat those cheaters, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Pats continue to show they are easily the best coached team in football.
              Sometime they can be very robotic when they're facing adversity. It's not just in football or sport, it's like an army out there, each soldier "do their job" in a automatic, machine-like kind of way. Calm and level-headed. I can't recall the last time a NE player commit a personal foul or doing something stupid on the field.

Games like this show why I don't really believe in the "disciple learns from Belichick" thing. HOU is basically the Patriots without Belichick and Brady. Or a very similar version of it. A bunch of ex-Pats on their team, players and coaches, Bill O'Brien, Romeo Crennel, Big Vince Wilfork. And some female Pats fans actually cried when Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis left after their back-to-back SB victory win 2003. Also, remember how Bill O'Brien's Twin-TE offense in NE looks so unstoppable when he had Gronk and Hernandez? Now he struggled to score a single point, Miller, Hopkins was shutdown.

Last year playoff they had Brian Hoyer, who looked really good in practice and preseason games in NE, and ended up getting blank by KC. And KC got destroyed by NE the next week.

It's not the system. HOU's system is basically the Patriots system. It's the same. Also, the system that Charlie Weis ran at NotreDame. It's Belichick. The disciple can replicate the system, the philosophy, the style, they can preach "Do Your Job" all they want. But they can't replicate the daily execution and the execution on game day. It's all the little things, the details that he notice, the film watching, the detailed gameplanning, the in game decisions.

It's the execution that count. Kasparov (genius chess player) has hundreds of students globally, no one can play chess on the level that he does. There are probably a zillion of people that faster than Keenan Allen, but very few can get open on the field like he does.

Some people has high hope for McCluster because he's faster than Woodhead. But I'm skeptical here. There are reasons that McCluster was unemployed and Woodhead is one of the top receiving back, third-down back in the league. And one of the reasons is that he just execute, he protects, he knows how to get open, he makes great decisions on the option things, he knows when to breakoff the scripted play and help out his QB.

Ben Watson, LaDarious Green, Daniel Graham, all physically gifts, explosive, strong (Ben Watson was the strongest player in the combine), and they work extremely hard, too. Yet, they just unable to cut it, because they just can't execute it on the field. Work ethic sometime can be overrated just like the physical gifts, athletic ability etc. In the NFL probably 95% of them all works their a$$ off, but only a few stood out. It's all about knowing how to execute and outplay/outcoach your opponents.
              Last edited by vinabolt; 09-23-2016, 08:13 AM.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The Donkey offense wasn't good last year.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                  HOU was undefeated and looked really good in their two previous games. They just ran into a robot-like team in NE.

Belichick and NE shown that if a team truly play as 1 unit, it can overcome any injury, HOF QB, potential star QB, rookie backup, the most dominating TE was limping around today and wasn't contribute much, whatever, it doesn't matter.

That's why despite the loss of Allen, the second best player on the team, and Woodhead during last Sunday game, we still dominated JAC. We played somewhat close to NE level last Sunday and we ended up destroying JAC, and they are a very talented team. Allen Robinson is one of the most explosive and dominating WR, if you're playing fantasy football then you know how he put up insane numbers on a weekly basis. But our underrated secondary shut him down.
                  Sounds like hocus pocus to me. The Steelers were a one-unit kind of team for years under Coach Cowher. The Chiefs were such a team under Coach Schottenheimer. How many Super Bowls did they win? How often were these teams championship contenders? Every year for more than a decade? Nah. They weren't contenders hardly at all. The only reason they made the playoffs so often was because the AFC was weak as fuck back then. And, between those two coaches, the only Super Bowl happened when Rothlisberger was quarterback. You can't win multiple Super Bowls or be a consistent Super Bowl contender in this league without a legitimate starting quarterback. The Patsies shouldn't be 3-0 right now with a backup and a 3rd-stringer. They cheat. It's the only explanation.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2016, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

The other explanation is Brady is the most over rated QB in history.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      The other explanation is Brady is the most over rated QB in history.
                      Clearly. But, we, who see through the bullshit, figured that out the time he didn't play for a season. They were a game worse the year he came back. Brady was seen as a scrub when he was drafted. Yet, somehow, this team, led by a scrubby quarterback and a coach who failed in his previous job, is the most dominating team of all time. Hell - didn't they win their first couple Super Bowls with other teams' rejects? Double Hell - haven't they already been caught cheating twice? I wonder how many times they have to be caught before people figure out they cheat.
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Sometime they can be very robotic when they're facing adversity. It's not just in football or sport, it's like an army out there, each soldier "do their job" in a automatic, machine-like kind of way. Calm and level-headed. I can't recall the last time a NE player commit a personal foul or doing something stupid on the field.

Games like this show why I don't really believe in the "disciple learns from Belichick" thing. HOU is basically the Patriots without Belichick and Brady. Or a very similar version of it. A bunch of ex-Pats on their team, players and coaches, Bill O'Brien, Romeo Crennel. And some female Pats fans actually cried when Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis left after their back-to-back SB victory win 2003. Also, remember how Bill O'Brien's Twin-TE offense in NE looks so unstoppable when he had Gronk and Hernandez? Now he struggled to score a single point, Miller, Hopkins was shutdown.

Last year playoff they had Brian Hoyer, who looked really good in practice and preseason games in NE, and ended up getting blank by KC. And KC got destroyed by NE the next week.

It's not the system. HOU's system is basically the Patriots system. It's the same. Also, the system that Charlie Weis ran at NotreDame. It's Belichick. The disciple can replicate the system, the philosophy, the style, they can preach "Do Your Job" all they want. But they can't replicate the daily execution and the execution on game day. It's all the little things, the details that he notice, the film watching, the detailed gameplanning, the in game decisions.

It's the execution that count. Kasparov (genius chess player) has hundreds of students globally, no one can play chess on the level that he does. There are probably a zillion of people that faster than Keenan Allen, but very few can get open on the field like he does.

Some people has high hope for McCluster because he's faster than Woodhead. But I'm skeptical here. There are reasons that McCluster was unemployed and Woodhead is one of the top receiving back, third-down back in the league. And one of the reasons is that he just execute, he protects, he knows how to get open, he makes great decisions on the option things, he knows when to breakoff the scripted play and help out his QB.

Ben Watson, LaDarious Green, Daniel Graham, all physically gifts, explosive, strong (Ben Watson was the strongest player in the combine), and they work extremely hard, too. Yet, they just unable to cut it, because they just can't execute it on the field. Work ethic sometime can be overrated just like the physical gifts, athletic ability etc. In the NFL probably 95% of them all works their a$$ off, but only a few stood out. It's all about knowing how to execute and outplay/outcoach your opponents.
                        I don't know where to find the stats for personal-foul penalties, but the Pats, right now, are averaging six penalties per game for 50 yards, which puts them right in the middle of the league.

Last year, they averaged 6 penalties per game for 52 yards. That put them in the top 10 on the good side, but the difference between the Patsies and some of the crappier teams wasn't much.
                        To give you a comparison. the Chargers averaged about 7 penalties per game for 59 yards. That's a 7-yard difference. Big whoop.

In 2014, the last year the Patsies were champs, they averaged 7 penalties per game for 64 yards. That put them as the seventh worst in number of penalties and the third worst in penalty yards.
                        By comparison, the Chargers averaged 7 penalties for 60 yards.

So, yea - Patsies, according to the stats, don't seem much more disciplined than the average team or even the worst team.
                        Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2016, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Actually Woodhead is considerably faster. He's one of the fastest players in the league. Woodhead's 40 time was 4.33 and McCluster's was 4.58

Comment

Working...
                          X