• Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
    Here you go.

"In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet."

That doesn't come from some little-known Youtube conspiracy-theorist. It comes from ESPN investigative reporters.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...patriots-apart
    That article doesn't even make sense. How could Belichick knew "75%" of the play that TB was going to run, yet NE still loss to TB? And TB don't change their signals during the week? Are they a high school team or something? Heck, West Lake (Drew Brees' school) in my area change signals every week. Yes, they're a high school team.

ESPN was also had a bunch articles repost the "news" about the 10/11 balls are deflated 3 PSI! This "news" ignite the hate at NE. And later, it proved false. Only 1 of the balls was under 0.4 PSI. I don't want to use the word "lies" here, but it was a blatant lie, they deliberately made that up. How can a professional news reporters are that wrong? ESPN was one of many news channels that were wrong about the "Deflategate". Nothing new here.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
      http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/
      According to these guys, the Donks are biggest cheats and the Cards are least cheat.
      Great find. They actually list all the objective evidences there, instead of just stating their subjective opinion like most of the media. Sometime mainstream media can mislead people badly.

About DEN, I think deep down inside most people already knew that they are the biggest cheater out there for a long time, especially in the Shannahan era. And their type of cheat is much more easier to hate on (cheat the salary cap to bully lesser talented teams, repeatedly and deliberately leghunting, trying to injured and took out some players on the opposing teams, similar to NO, Jeff Fisher's teams).

They just don't border to talk much about it. They don't waste time on it. DEN don't make headline news and bring in traffic like NE. And the fans just don't really care because DEN don't really done anything since the Shannahan-Elway-Terrell Davis bully years. Even their SB run last year looked really fluky and not that impressive. They weren't blowing out anybody, just close victories in a lucky fashion, in which their offense was often struggled. Teams just don't respect and fear them, and get motivated and hyped up to ready for them like with NE.

Last year it seems teams were taking them lightly, due to their offensive struggles. They start this year out of the top 5 in most rankings. Nobody talks much about them. Nobody pay attention to them. Let see how they do this year.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
        That article doesn't even make sense. How could Belichick knew "75%" of the play that TB was going to run, yet NE still loss to TB? And TB don't change their signals during the week? Are they a high school team or something? Heck, West Lake (Drew Brees' school) in my area change signals every week. Yes, they're a high school team.

ESPN was also had a bunch articles repost the "news" about the 10/11 balls are deflated 3 PSI! This "news" ignite the hate at NE. And later, it proved false. Only 1 of the balls was under 0.4 PSI. I don't want to use the word "lies" here, but it was a blatant lie, they deliberately made that up. How can a professional news reporters are that wrong? ESPN was one of many news channels that were wrong about the "Deflategate". Nothing new here.
        The ESPN report doesn't appear to be a made-up story.

Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Tom Brady's balls were normal yet he needed a guy named the deflator and he destroys is cell phone and Hillery was dehydrated and wiped her server and hammered her cell phone, hmmm.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
            Ross took us to our only Super Bowl, but I think Marty Schottenheimer was a coach that could of took us there, Marty just had extremely bad luck\occurrence with all the teams he coached.

In Cleveland
            1. The Drive
            2. The Fumble

In KC he had Great D always in the playoffs more times than not with average to crappy QBs, or QB's on the last leg
            1. Steve Deburg (Average Meltdown in Playoffs)
            2. Dave Krieg (OLD best years in Seattle)
            3. Joe Montana (Not the 49er Super Bowl Joe, OLD Joe, Old weak arm Joe)
            4. Rich Gannon (Average)
            5. Steve Bono (He made the Playoff with Bono at QB)
            6. Elvis Garbac (ditto same as Bono)

In Washington just one season 8-8 was fired
            1. Anybody work for Daniel Snyder will have bad luck

In San Diego we know the Story Playoff night mares with the most talented team in the NFL, dumb plays and bad luck

1.Marlon Mcree - Dumb
            2. Drayton Florence -Dumb
            3. Kaeding - Not Clutch
            4. Jammer getting beat by Reche Caldwell for TD
            Excuses, excuses. Marty was a choke artist and a loser. The fact that he's still seen as a god in San Diego shows how low most fans' standards are.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              Tom Brady's balls were normal yet he needed a guy named the deflator and he destroys is cell phone and Hillery was dehydrated and wiped her server and hammered her cell phone, hmmm.
              The excuses and denials are ridiculous. Why can't people see what has already been shown? The Patriots cheat. All arguments to the contrary might as well be arguing that the Moon is flat and the Earth is made of cheese.

Sorry that my disappearance from this argument only lasted about 15 minutes.

That might be a record for me in reneging on a goodbye. I think the previous record was when I quit this board forever for about two days.
              Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• FiftyFive
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Most people don't waste time on conspiracy theories as they rarely have any merit.
                It's not a "conspiracy theory" that the Patriots cheat. They've been caught cheating twice under the current regime.

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

This doesn't appear to be a made-up story.

"At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents’ coach-to-quarterback radio line — “small s—-” that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach — occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches’ box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out."
                  Hey, it's a billion dollars business, if you keep digging you would have much more than this. Like paying hookers and have them go to the opposing team's hotel, hotel's alarm "mysteriously" turn on, so the visiting team can't sleep, radio jam, fake crowd noise, spying, bend the rules try to get that 1% of competitive advantage. There are a lot going on out there. You can read ratenstein's link for the complete list of each team's incidents.

NE is being singled out (for some of the believably real cheats, and some blatantly false accusations like the PSI things) because of the dynasty's longevity and their domination year in and year out. Everybody is just so tired of it. Some refuse to acknowledge their craft and strength, so they choose the selective bias and double standard route, they're trying to explain NE's success, they're forcing themselves to believe that NE is just an ordinary team that cheat their way into greatness, lol.
                  Last edited by vinabolt; 09-23-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• FiftyFive
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                    http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/
                    According to these guys, the Donks are biggest cheats and the Cards are least cheat.
                    That site was started by butthurt Patriots fans when Deflategate first broke. Notice how all the Patsies' biggest rivals magically rank above them on the cheating list. Or how they make a point of referring to Roger Goodell as "former Jets public relations intern." Or how they rank shit like the Broncos' salary cap violations as a 5 out of 5 on their arbitrary "severity" scale while only giving Spygate a 2.5/5. People really need to stop legitimizing those homers and their temper tantrum.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                      Hey, it's a billion dollars business, if you keep digging you would have much more than this. Like paying hookers and have them go to the opposing team's hotel, hotel's alarm "mysteriously" turn on, so the visiting team can't sleep, radio jam, fake crowd noise, spying, bend the rules try to get that 1% of competitive advantage. There are a lot going on out there. You can read ratenstein's link for the complete list of each team's incidents.

NE is being singled out because of the dynasty's longevity and their domination year in and year out. Everybody is just so tired of it. Some refuse to acknowledge their craft and strength, so they choose the selective bias and double standard route, they're trying to explain NE's success, they're forcing themselves to believe that NE is just an ordinary team that cheat their way into greatness, lol.
                      New England is being singled out because the NFL instituted severe penalties against them twice. These aren't piddly rule violations or PED violations by individual players. This is the head coach cheating, and cheating so bad the NFL comes down hard on somebody who is helping to make it money. In my mind, the NFL hasn't gone far enough, but, for the NFL, the moves against the Patriots represent a big deal.

As far as "yourteamcheats" goes, it's a fun site that I've read before. The guy who made it is a Patriots fan. It's kind of like a Nixon administrator coming out with a Web site documenting all the sleeze committed by every other president. It's probably mostly true, but it still doesn't erase the fact that Nixon was a loser. Belichick is a loser.

I do agree as far as this: the Pats aren't the only cheaters. The Donkeys cheat. The Niners cheat. The Saints cheat. And the Squawks cheat. I've already explained how cheaters have won the majority of Super Bowls going back to Pete Rozelle's retirement.

The site that documented the cheating that I presented was ESPN - a fairly trusted site when it comes to covering sports. You may think everything ESPN does is made up, but I'm not on your side on that one.

Comment

• vinabolt
                        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                        • Feb 2015
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                        That site was started by butthurt Patriots fans when Deflategate first broke. Notice how all the Patsies' biggest rivals magically rank above them on the cheating list. Or how they make a point of referring to Roger Goodell as "former Jets public relations intern." Or how they rank shit like the Broncos' salary cap violations as a 5 out of 5 on their arbitrary "severity" scale while only giving Spygate a 2.5/5. People really need to stop legitimizing those homers and their temper tantrum.
                        Even if they're some butthurt NE fans it doesn't meant that they're wrong. I clicked on some teams and read their list of incidents on each team. Seems legit. Can you point out what incident that they left out? Or any incident that they made up?

Comment

• vinabolt
                          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                          • Feb 2015
                          • Send PM

New England is being singled out because the NFL instituted severe penalties against them twice. These aren't piddly rule violations or PED violations by individual players. This is the head coach cheating, and cheating so bad the NFL comes down hard on somebody who is helping to make it money. In my mind, the NFL hasn't gone far enough, but, for the NFL, the moves against the Patriots represent a big deal.
                          This is a good argument. But if it's true, then I think NO (bride the players to get them to take out opposing players) and DEN (cheat the salary cap) would deserve much more hate than this. It's like nobody care. Media, fans. How long did those news last? Those cases are much more extreme and deserve much more hate than NE (videotaping signals, messing with ball weight), and the NFL still have not proved that NE indeed messing with the ball weight ("there are more probable than not".... lol), while the DEN and NO incidents are much more extreme case ethically and was proven.

You can't tell me that people don't hate them and piling on them like NE was because they had 1 less case.

Comment

Working...
                          X