• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

The 2nd day in a row that Wilbon has referred to Bosa and Mack as future hall of famers.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      Have you seen this? Basically covers the 2017 season of the Wolverines.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Everybody says Harbaugh could have the Chargers in the Super Bowl in a few seasons. But I’m not ruling out the Chargers making it next season. Harbaugh took the ‘Niners from 6 wins to the NFC Championship game in a single season with Alex Smith at QB. The Chargers have the key pieces in place. With a decent draft they could be a top 5 team in 2024.
        The difference is the 49ers already had virtually all the foundational pieces in place. They were already a tough, physical team. They had gone 8-8 in 2009 and had high expectations in 2010 because their roster was pretty good, but Singletary ran them into the ground. When Harbaugh got there they already had an excellent Oline with 2 pro bowlers in Iupati & Staley, Patrick Willis at LB, Aubroyo Franklin at DT, Vernon Davis & Delanie Walker at tight end, Gore at Rb, & Crabtree at receiver.

This team is more reminiscent of the 2012 Colts which had gone 2-14 the year prior. They drafted Andrew Luck and went 11-5 with Bruce Arians but it took heroic efforts by Luck every single week and he got the snot beat out of him every single week.

The way Harbaugh wants to play it might be a 3 year project building this roster. No RBs, no tight ends, 1 or 2 lineman & who knows with the receivers. I'm not even sure there's 3 starters on defense he'll want to keep - Tuli & Derwin for sure - but ASJ doesn't tackle & I'm not sure that's gonna fly.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Dude, imagine if this happened to us. I feel for the Falcons in a way if it wasn’t for the fact that they tried to take Harbaugh from us.

Raheem the dream...Lol
          Joe Barry ex DC prolly goes w/ him. Worked together at Tampa.

Sorry Belichik!

Dean: Hey BB, JH wants you as his Asst HC.
          BB: Um, K

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
            Anybody see any player reactions?
            Just on Twitter:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

The difference is the 49ers already had virtually all the foundational pieces in place. They were already a tough, physical team. They had gone 8-8 in 2009 and had high expectations in 2010 because their roster was pretty good, but Singletary ran them into the ground. When Harbaugh got there they already had an excellent Oline with 2 pro bowlers in Iupati & Staley, Patrick Willis at LB, Aubroyo Franklin at DT, Vernon Davis & Delanie Walker at tight end, Gore at Rb, & Crabtree at receiver.

This team is more reminiscent of the 2012 Colts which had gone 2-14 the year prior. They drafted Andrew Luck and went 11-5 with Bruce Arians but it took heroic efforts by Luck every single week and he got the snot beat out of him every single week.

The way Harbaugh wants to play it might be a 3 year project building this roster. No RBs, no tight ends, 1 or 2 lineman & who knows with the receivers. I'm not even sure there's 3 starters on defense he'll want to keep - Tuli & Derwin for sure - but ASJ doesn't tackle & I'm not sure that's gonna fly.
              You and I see the same team.

I think its a two draft timeline at least. This year free agency - I think - should just try to be a bridge builder. See what players like Salyer and Hanley and Ottito, QJ, etc - do with new coaching. Sign some cheap veterans. See what the draft does, clean up your cap and next spring, hit the free agency a little more with a second draft class.

Build it long term - no short cuts

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I call BS. There are losses, and then there's 27-0, 4th and 29, The Interception/Fumble, etc, etc, etc. Chargering *was* real. Let's hope it's in the rearview mirror.
                Sure. It's our trademark. Any other team does the same things, they have to call it losing.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  This is the uniform I want to see them wear the most. The yellow pants need to be thrown out, they look like a cartoon.

They also need to take the damn yellow face mask off the white helmet. Yellow is too loud, no reason to be gaudy. Gaudy doesn’t look aggressive or physical to me.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

LIke i said...if the team is sound on the field..do the other stuff. But that Michigan team and Harbaugh's teams are not other focused like we have been So lets get on Michigans level of success under Harbaugh. Skits and shows to follow.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

This is the uniform I want to see them wear the most. The yellow pants need to be thrown out, they look like a cartoon.

They also need to take the damn yellow face mask off the white helmet. Yellow is too loud, no reason to be gaudy. Gaudy doesn’t look aggressive or physical to me.
                      Yeah those yellow masks are bad. lol.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        SB in four years.... Harbaugh leaves after year 5 and does not take a second contract,

do think there is continuity, and that someone from his staff succeeds him....
                        This was my hope as I was falling asleep last night a solid foundation and stability. And winning. Winning doesn’t suck.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You and I see the same team.

I think its a two draft timeline at least. This year free agency - I think - should just try to be a bridge builder. See what players like Salyer and Hanley and Ottito, QJ, etc - do with new coaching. Sign some cheap veterans. See what the draft does, clean up your cap and next spring, hit the free agency a little more with a second draft class.

Build it long term - no short cuts
                          Nah nah nah, Harbaugh didn’t come here to twiddle his thumbs in 2024 and moan, Poor me I don’t have a competitive team. There are plenty of guys already on the team with talent, just horribly misused: if Staley can turn James into Mr Irrelevant, pretty sure a lot of other guys have been put in positions that really show them up poorly. I look for judicious cuts, quality draft picks/UDFA signings, then a FA or two, nothing fancy there but you never want to be that team anyway. Are there position groups low in talent? Sure, but let’s see how JM drafts this year and puts together his team before we write 2024 off.

To add, the division is kinda crap right now, not to mention the AFC (excepting the Ravens). If the Steelers can snag a wild card spot this year, I would not rule us out next year, not by a long shot. How the D responds to the new coaches/schemes is key, let’s see how this plays out. Not being Pollyanna, just looking at teams turning it around in one offseason these days, and how really crappy our coaching has been. We will also have a soft schedule, I can see flipping some of one-score losses into wins, 10-7 is makeable.

Comment

Working...
                          X