• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That would be great but I'm not expecting it next season with our cap issues. Superbowl contenders form sure I can season in second season under Harbaugh. But let's see how they do the roster first. It's going to change a lot.

We'll see. I'll expect less and will he happy to be surprised.
    I expect to make the playoffs.I'm no cap expert but I know other teams manipulate it successfully. I expect that also.
    SB would be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      You gotta draft Brock Bowers. It’s the Harbaugh tight end on steroids.

He had Vernon Davis He had Colby Fleener at Stanford.

And if you want to talk about it. That was his main offensive weapon for Luck at Stanford.

So yeah I could see it Harbaugh needs that tight end for his offense. Bowers does everything he wants. Runs blocks catches. Touchdowns.

And he recruited him to Michigan.

Part of Harbaugh helping Herbert is getting him a dependable tight end. The offense is predicated on that. Move the chains. Short yardage not always taking the home run.

the flashy receiver is one thing. But Harbaugh likes that tight end.

We have Johnston and Allen.

Maybe he takes the Tackle OTT but I can see him seeing too much value with the tight end at 5.

Plus he can get a couple of his Michigan guys at lineman in the second and third round.

what’s funny is his Harbaugh positions are filled defensive end. We got Tutu and Bosa

Safety we got James.

hes gotta fill in his tight end.
      WR's can be found in any round.....elite OT's, CB's, QB's..... and TE's are rarely found outside of first..... and a dominasting elite TE, helps both Running game and passing game.....opens things up[ for WR's....

I would add too that Jerimiah says Bowers might last till 15 because he is TE and most teams drafting before that have greater needs... but he is clearly top 5 TALENT.!!!....

Bowers is a tough kick ass do everything harbagh tough attitude TE.... like kittle, Kelsey, and Andrews... Winslow maybe but not Gates....that tough attitude woould nmake rest of offense stronger and more motivared..... every team has talent.... usually the guys who are tougher and want it more win!

NE has not been most talented team in last few decades..... but they are tough players couched by a touogh coach.... want usually wanted it more....!
      Last edited by Charge!; 01-25-2024, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Been digging around the old blogs and articles on Harbaugh's time with the 49ers. I know he clashed with his GM (Baalke) and maybe owners? But I still never really bought into that being a Jim Harbaugh thing. Or all him. Just seems the 49ers got to shape the narrative. Also, Baalke's tenure there crumbled after Harbaugh left.

But I was looking at what people criticized Harbaugh for while a 49er coach besides this nebulous personality clash moniker.

Found these 2016 thoughts interesting (and concerning, if true): "Harbaugh was ultimately a bad hire, too. I'm not going to harp on the few weak points in Jim Harbaugh's coaching style. I am aware that he was either too loyal to Greg Roman, who could turn wins into losses with overly conservative play-calling or that Harbaugh himself was far too conservative himself, forcing Roman to sit on a small lead as early as the 2nd quarter in some games. I am aware that the 49ers bled timeouts and collected delay of game penalties while Harbaugh was the coach. I'm aware that the 49ers' offensive scheme failed to change or adjust as opposing defenses became more efficient at stopping it. I'm aware that many players and other personnel in the building felt worn down by Harbaugh's unrelenting intensity, demands, and stubbornness. I simply don't care much about these weaknesses, because Harbaugh has always managed to push through those shortcomings and win, wherever he has coached." link

Ya, a Greg Roman hire would concern me greatly. Even before reading this.

There was also some talk about his personality being so stubborn that he will stick with schemes or coordinators, even when it's clearly not working. Which gave me Brandon Staley vibes.

Am I glad we got Harbaugh? Hell yes. I want to see what a proven winner can do with our forever under-achieving team.

Just wanting to temper my expectations and pray we don't get Roman as our OC.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

This is the uniform I want to see them wear the most. The yellow pants need to be thrown out, they look like a cartoon.

They also need to take the damn yellow face mask off the white helmet. Yellow is too loud, no reason to be gaudy. Gaudy doesn’t look aggressive or physical to me.
          I get that some like the Navy as some of the younger guys may have grew up with it but the Powder blues imo is better and everybody outside our fans likes them the best as well. Hec most our fan base wanted them back. Just because Michigan is navy, don't mean a thing to me. I don't care about Michigan and don't really like the all Navys.

Once a year is good enough for me lol
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-25-2024, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
            You gotta draft Brock Bowers. It’s the Harbaugh tight end on steroids.

He had Vernon Davis He had Colby Fleener at Stanford.

And if you want to talk about it. That was his main offensive weapon for Luck at Stanford.

So yeah I could see it Harbaugh needs that tight end for his offense. Bowers does everything he wants. Runs blocks catches. Touchdowns.

And he recruited him to Michigan.

Part of Harbaugh helping Herbert is getting him a dependable tight end. The offense is predicated on that. Move the chains. Short yardage not always taking the home run.

the flashy receiver is one thing. But Harbaugh likes that tight end.

We have Johnston and Allen.

Maybe he takes the Tackle OTT but I can see him seeing too much value with the tight end at 5.

Plus he can get a couple of his Michigan guys at lineman in the second and third round.

what’s funny is his Harbaugh positions are filled defensive end. We got Tutu and Bosa

Safety we got James.

hes gotta fill in his tight end.
            Vernon Davis was already on the roster when he got to SF. Davis' production went down. He only caught 26 passes in Harbaugh's last year.

In Harbaugh's 4 years w/the 49ers, they drafted 1 TE (Vance McDonald). Taken in the 2nd round, most thought he was over-drafted. He had 181 catches in 101 games.

Coby Fleener never caught 30 passes in a season under Harbaugh @Stanford. The Cardinal mainly relied on RB's Toby Gherhart, Stephon Taylor, and Tyler Gaffney. They had very good trenches. When they threw, the TE's were often the 3rd or 4th option.

His last year at Stanford, he converted Richard Sherman from WR to CB... and their 12-1 team had a stellar defense (only 226 points against).

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

The difference is the 49ers already had virtually all the foundational pieces in place. They were already a tough, physical team. They had gone 8-8 in 2009 and had high expectations in 2010 because their roster was pretty good, but Singletary ran them into the ground. When Harbaugh got there they already had an excellent Oline with 2 pro bowlers in Iupati & Staley, Patrick Willis at LB, Aubroyo Franklin at DT, Vernon Davis & Delanie Walker at tight end, Gore at Rb, & Crabtree at receiver.

This team is more reminiscent of the 2012 Colts which had gone 2-14 the year prior. They drafted Andrew Luck and went 11-5 with Bruce Arians but it took heroic efforts by Luck every single week and he got the snot beat out of him every single week.

The way Harbaugh wants to play it might be a 3 year project building this roster. No RBs, no tight ends, 1 or 2 lineman & who knows with the receivers. I'm not even sure there's 3 starters on defense he'll want to keep - Tuli & Derwin for sure - but ASJ doesn't tackle & I'm not sure that's gonna fly.
              No Sir. Michael Crabtree at the #1 WR? No Sir. Alex Smith at QB? Sorry.

They had some good talent that Singletary couldn't coach altho he had one of the greatest coaching meltdowns in history. I'll give him that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

The man needs a 2nd chance - don't we all? No one is perfect in this world. Like you said, he was found innocent. He''s NOT in jail is he? Would be in a different story if he was wouldn't it? I'm not addressing you bro, just people who are quick to be judgemental when they (we all) have many faults (including being judgemental)
                2nd chance for what? WHAT DID HE DO?

For those that imply he did something wrong - I wish you'd state what he did wrong that should bar him from the NFL? "not proper" is vague. As to you - yes we all have sinned, true. But lets not throw around vague generalities on either side - some sins don't get walked back either. Lets get it on the table - those that would not sign him, WHAT DID HE DO?

Facts: The DA has confirmed he did not do what she claimed in her lawsuit. ergo - they said that she lied. Technically they said the events she claimed did not occur. The DA has both digital (audio, video, text) evidence and 100% witness corroboration. Real hard evidence. 100% of it aligns with their conclusion that she lied. Zero evidence supported her claim. The DA also determined he was not even at that house at the time she claims the serious sexual assault occurred (which evidence proved was not assault).

He did not do what she claimed, so, again, what DID he do?

If the answer is he had sex with a girl at a party who came on to him and asked for it ... well, thats insanely extreme to ban him from working. the overwhelming majority of unmarried young people have sex. what are we doing - writing off 60%, 70%, 80%, more of all people under 30? I had sex in college (and before) but I was pretty charming and good looking . Everyone person I grew up with did and some of them were not. Should we all be banned from working too? this is absurd to me unless there is a more serious charge to be leveled. If you have such a charge - level it.

Sorry Mods - Is that allowed in this thread? I don't want to break Mod rules or anything. please shut me down if nec...
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

2nd chance for what? WHAT DID HE DO?

For those that imply he did something wrong - I wish you'd state what he did wrong that should bar him from the NFL? "not proper" is vague. As to you - yes we all have sinned, true. But lets not throw around vague generalities on either side - some sins don't get walked back either. Lets get it on the table - those that would not sign him, WHAT DID HE DO?

Facts: The DA has confirmed he did not do what she claimed in her lawsuit. ergo - they said that she lied. Technically they said the events she claimed did not occur. The DA has both digital (audio, video, text) evidence and 100% witness corroboration. Real hard evidence. 100% of it aligns with their conclusion that she lied. Zero evidence supported her claim. The DA also determined he was not even at that house at the time she claims the serious sexual assault occurred (which evidence proved was not assault).

He did not do what she claimed, so, again, what DID he do?

If the answer is he had sex with a girl at a party who came on to him and asked for it ... well, thats insanely extreme to ban him from working. the overwhelming majority of unmarried young people have sex. what are we doing - writing off 60%, 70%, 80%, more of all people under 30? I had sex in college (and before) but I was pretty charming and good looking . Everyone person I grew up with did and some of them were not. Should we all be banned from working too? this is absurd to me unless there is a more serious charge to be leveled. If you have such a charge - level it.

Sorry Mods - Is that allowed in this thread? I don't want to break Mod rules or anything. please shut me down if nec...
                  To play football

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I get that some like the Navy as some of the younger guys may have grew up with it but the Powder blues imo is better and everybody outside our fans likes them the best as well. Hec most our fan base wanted them back. Just because Michigan is navy, don't mean a thing to me. I don't care about Michigan and don't really like the all Navys.

One a year is good enough for me lol
                    I know I mention the uniforms way to much, but the uniforms are the main reason I became a fan in the late 70s. To a 9 year old those Coryells looked just like superheroes. Keep the current ones if you want, but bring in the Coryells & Seau uniforms to replace the current royal and Navy alternates. Just for nostalgia sake. We've all still got a little kid left in us somewhere.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

WR's can be found in any round.....elite OT's, CB's, QB's..... and TE's are rarely found outside of first..... and a dominasting elite TE, helps both Running game and passing game.....opens things up[ for WR's....
                      I agree.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Gotta bring the Seaus back.

I like the powder blues to.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Ariza seems off topic, the topic is about Harbaugh and who we think will be his assistants, but it's off-season, so just don't drive too far off course. I recall there is an Ariza thread somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X