• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I know I mention the uniforms way to much, but the uniforms are the main reason I became a fan in the late 70s. To a 9 year old those Coryells looked just like superheroes. Keep the current ones if you want, but bring in the Coryells & Seau uniforms to replace the current royal and Navy alternates. Just for nostalgia sake. We've all still got a little kid left in us somewhere.
    when i play madden, I always choose the Air Coryel white jerseys with gold pants..... the Chargers wore same uniform home and away..... it much cooler to play in(i stopped wearing navy blue jersey's to games because i rosted in sun just siting)..... and as a QB, it is much easier, with peripheral vision, to spot bright white and gold, orange or red than dark navy blue which is basically black.

I remember a recoord hot day in SD, and Shanahan, denvers coach, intentiaonlly cheated and made his team forget their dark navey blue jerseys they were wearing at that time and only brought white..... forcing the home chargers to wear the dark nacy's at home..... Chargers started out ahead in first half but in 2nd half DEN dominated... and we could all see Chargers were so heat exhaused in those nearly black jerseys.....they could no longer do anything right...losing again to elway and shanahan.....

so umniform colors mean alot in sunbelt......

There are no teams in the sun belt that wear dark colors in pro or college unless they play in a dome!..... the sun and heat make a huge difference!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What he won't like will be Harbaugh's reaction to his bad angles and weak tackling.
      There was a post on X today about UMich Strength and Conditioning Coach Ben Hebert maybe coming over to LAC.
      ASJ.
      Rumph.
      Woods.
      Smartt.
      If all are back, need to talk to him.
      Jaimes too for that matter.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

This is the uniform I want to see them wear the most. The yellow pants need to be thrown out, they look like a cartoon.

They also need to take the damn yellow face mask off the white helmet. Yellow is too loud, no reason to be gaudy. Gaudy doesn’t look aggressive or physical to me.
        Harbaugh's here. He wore the navy blue when he was the quarterback in San Diego. Brick them back, and let him wear the jersey on the sideline.

image.png

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
          Loved what I heard from Daniel Jeremiah in this interview.

"Jim Harbaugh is not going to care about Justin Herbert winning MVPs. Jim Harbaugh is going to beef up the offensive line. He's going to get a big, physical back. He's going to run the ball. He's going to take some of that pressure off of Justin Herbert. Justin Herbert is going to be more efficient. Justin Herbert can do what needs to be done in clutch moments. I saw this with Andrew Luck. Andrew Luck was the most talented player in college football, and for a two-year period it wasn't close. He was clearly the best player in college football, and most coaches would have said, 'Oo, I'm going to take this Ferrari out on the highway. We're going to let him throw it 55 times a game,' and he didn't do that. He asked Andrew to play efficient, play smart, protect the football, and make plays when you have to. I think he'll take some of that load, some of that pressure off of Justin Herbert."

This is what I've wanted for over 10 years, with Philip Rivers and now Justin Herbert. I've debated many people on this forum about this for the last couple of years. Whether you like it or not now, we're going to run the ball much more. And we're going to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeMzVvhhh0
          Balanced football

Its good in all conditions. Its easier to replace injuries when there is balance.

Also keeping it simple so players dont think and instead react fast.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If this is all true, I hope we trade down from #5 to accumulate picks then instead of drafting Bowers.
            As much as I'd like Bowers, if Harbo is going to rebuild our O-line, if we can just trade down to #8-10 or so, we can pick up an extra 2nd rounder and maybe more. As I see it, we need at least a C (and NOT a conversion project, but a REAL Center, please) and a RT...maybe pick up a G in FA and let him compete with the young bucks...but building a solid O line is a must...and Harbo has emphasized this in the past...and that's a good thing...

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I know I mention the uniforms way to much, but the uniforms are the main reason I became a fan in the late 70s. To a 9 year old those Coryells looked just like superheroes. Keep the current ones if you want, but bring in the Coryells & Seau uniforms to replace the current royal and Navy alternates. Just for nostalgia sake. We've all still got a little kid left in us somewhere.
              this x100. my exact same story. If they could just wear the Coryell's once per year, I would be loving it. I have a full-size Coryell helmet on display at my work office, because that helmet will always be my favorite (for me, it was perfect).

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Loved what I heard from Daniel Jeremiah in this interview.

"Jim Harbaugh is not going to care about Justin Herbert winning MVPs. Jim Harbaugh is going to beef up the offensive line. He's going to get a big, physical back. He's going to run the ball. He's going to take some of that pressure off of Justin Herbert. Justin Herbert is going to be more efficient. Justin Herbert can do what needs to be done in clutch moments. I saw this with Andrew Luck. Andrew Luck was the most talented player in college football, and for a two-year period it wasn't close. He was clearly the best player in college football, and most coaches would have said, 'Oo, I'm going to take this Ferrari out on the highway. We're going to let him throw it 55 times a game,' and he didn't do that. He asked Andrew to play efficient, play smart, protect the football, and make plays when you have to. I think he'll take some of that load, some of that pressure off of Justin Herbert."

This is what I've wanted for over 10 years, with Philip Rivers and now Justin Herbert. I've debated many people on this forum about this for the last couple of years. Whether you like it or not now, we're going to run the ball much more. And we're going to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeMzVvhhh0
                Works for me! Really miss having that bruising type RB.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Remember what Marty always preached when he was first brought in.

Expect to win.

That attitude should be back.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If this is all true, I hope we trade down from #5 to accumulate picks then instead of drafting Bowers.
                    Hey, I trust Harbaugh & Co. My call would be Bowers but they're the ones that know the players and what LAC will want to fit their program going forward.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Trade down and get Bowers or Fuaga or best passrusher or best CB

easy peasy lemon slemonie
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

It feels good to have a real HC again. I think Jim H. will take this team to the playoffs in his first year.

Hang in there Charger fans, it's going to be fun again!
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Harbaugh's here. He wore the navy blue when he was the quarterback in San Diego. Brick them back, and let him wear the jersey on the sideline.

image.png
                          nooooo.... worst Charger uni in history!!!.... plus no team in sunbelt is stupid enough to wear darks.....except Chargers.... lol

Spanos incorredtly thought wearing navy's would attract navy vets as cahrgers fans......wrong!!!.... winning attreacts fans!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X