• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    For some weird reason when I see the dark blue jerseys I think of physicality....I think of Merriman, Jamal W., Steve Foley, Godfrey, Goff, Marty, and that '06 team. That was a really tough, physical, smashmouth team and those jerseys fit that team.

But ever since then when I see a chargers team wearing dark blue I feel like they're imposters. It just doesn't "look" right. I always think to myself, "They should stick with the baby blue and yellow those are better finesse colors."

But now just having Harbaugh as head coach I think those dark blue jerseys are gonna look right again.
    Nonsense. First of all it’s not baby blues. And when we beat up teams wearing powder blue and white and they will feel even more like pussies the next morning.

The late 70s thru 90s is not the sacred tradition of the Chargers. Powder blue, white, white helmets - that is our true heritage and identity and the best uniforms in the NFL. The “dark years” were a temporary drab unappealing aberration from their true heritage and it has been joyously corrected. We are not going back to the shitty uniforms in remembrance of teams than never won a championship because of some nostalgic trip.

We are rolling forward not backwards. Its nice that you guys have decided to come back and be optimistic fans again finally but you’re not putting our team in shit uni’s just because you decided to come back.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

but if he gets hurt playing only part time? I dont think he's worth it. He needs to go IMO. If you cant even stay healthy playing part time then you need to go.
      Someone posted he played 8 games. No he didn’t, he played 4 games spread out over 8. Part time DEs should not make $20M+

Renegotiate for $8M and we’ll find a spot for ya, Joey. But you’re gonna have to work the scout team sometimes in practice.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We play under a roof.
        I read that the sun is so bright under that quasi-dome that QBs can’t even see their players …

Navy Blue is out. Let it go guys. The Chargers are Powder Blue. This forum is The Powder Blues. Nobody is going back to the drab ugly unis just because Harbaugh was unfortunate to have to play for us in that era of ugly unis and bad football teams. I remember watching the Chargers at my bud’s house in Michigan that got NFL Ticket for me, his teams were horrible - why would he want to go back to that?

That historic mistake was corrected for a reason.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Great takes.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

agree to disagree all day on this one, the Coryell helmet was great. the blue jersey back then should have used today's pattern - no white trim on shoulder (just the bolt).
            I have no problem with our current home and away, but our navy and royal blue alternates with the white helmets are atrocious. With those, we would be better off with what we had in the past.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I read that the sun is so bright under that quasi-dome that QBs can’t even see their players …

Navy Blue is out. Let it go guys. The Chargers are Powder Blue. This forum is The Powder Blues. Nobody is going back to the drab ugly unis just because Harbaugh was unfortunate to have to play for us in that era of ugly unis and bad football teams. I remember watching the Chargers at my bud’s house in Michigan that got NFL Ticket for me, his teams were horrible - why would he want to go back to that?

That historic mistake was corrected for a reason.
              I’m not a fashionista like the rest of you. I don’t care what they wear. I care how they play and whether they win.

just pointing out that the argument that the Sun is beating down on them is false. And now it’s not brigh inside SoFi. Certainly not as bright as sunlight. Have you been to a game at SoFi?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                For some weird reason when I see the dark blue jerseys I think of physicality....I think of Merriman, Jamal W., Steve Foley, Godfrey, Goff, Marty, and that '06 team. That was a really tough, physical, smashmouth team and those jerseys fit that team.

But ever since then when I see a chargers team wearing dark blue I feel like they're imposters. It just doesn't "look" right. I always think to myself, "They should stick with the baby blue and yellow those are better finesse colors."

But now just having Harbaugh as head coach I think those dark blue jerseys are gonna look right again.
                The navy uniforms from the Seau and Tomlinson prime years are my favorite. I think we're going to bring the navy blue helmet back for the alternate now that Harbaugh is here. I think it will be something like this.

image.png

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hey, I trust Harbaugh & Co. My call would be Bowers but they're the ones that know the players and what LAC will want to fit their program going forward.
                  That's how I feel about it now. Of course I have my favorites, but I have complete faith in Harbaugh getting this right. For the first time in almost 20 years I have a great feeling about this team. We're going to be a tougher, more physical team that nobody is going to want to play. I can't wait to get started.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Both Fleener and Ertz were good enough to be drafted into the NFL. It doesn't mean Harbaugh used them like we'd like to believe.
                    Harbaugh's last year (2010) Fleener and Ertz combined for 44 catches... combined!
                    Harbaugh's WR's (Baldwin, Whalen, and Owusu) combined for 124 catches.
                    Harbaugh's RB's (Taylor, Wilkerson, Gaffney) combined for over 300 caries.

The offense will be balanced. The offense will run the ball efficiently. That will help Herbert.
                    On the offensive side of the ball... the OL must be fixed. Whether that is coaching or personnel... I'll let Harbaugh figure that out.
                    Either MW or KA will be gone due to cap reasons. But I'd venture to say that KA, JP, DD, and QJ will suffice to run a Harbaugh offense.
                    If you want another TE to run out there with Parham... there are a few nice ones in the 4th round that would fit Harbaugh's offense.

You fixate on playoff TE's (even though Andrews has been out). You should see that the #1, #2, and #3 defenses are in the playoffs, too.
                    I could list all of the defenders individually... but football is the ultimate team sport. Everyone relies on their teammates to do their job.
                    I've been preaching "weak link" philosophy along the OL for so long... I've given up. But the same philosophy applies to the defense.
                    As a whole... our defense has so many "weak links". It's self-imposed, as we have spent our last four 1st-rounders on offense.

Run the ball... and play defense. That's Harbaugh football. We are woefully weak at both aspects.
                    What about Likely he looked great. Even Shultz the tight end is a part of the game. Bowers is special. Like a Cede Lamb we need him. The Cowboys didn’t need Cede but the player was so good.

a team that’s had Gates Winslow and now Bowers it only makes sense.

But shit for all I know they might draft Lai Latu or Dallas Turner.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

The running game is missing a physical RB. Then the biggest drop off is LG then DE or LB. These are all positions Harbaugh can fix via draft trade down or staying at #5.

Running Game

Frank Gore = missing physical RB

Joe Staley = Rashawn Slater

Mike Iupati = Zion Johnson

2011 49ers Defense had 3 DPOY candidates.

Justin Smith = Morgan Fox?

Patrick Willis = Kenneth Murray?/Daiyen Hensley?

Navorro Bowman = Derwin James

Mack/Bosa/Tuli trio is arguably better
                      Darwin James would be his Eric Reid a much better Eric Reid but he drafted him out of LSU.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Ravens have 2 great tight ends now, only 1 great tackle and hes always hurt.
                        Brock is the quintessential Harbaugh pick, he marries the run and pass better than anyone else.
                        He brings hyper competitiveness that personifies Harbaugh football.
                        Jim will only need to point to his first, first-round pick to set the standard for effort and intensity.
                        Fills the biggest weakness on offense with generation talent, sans OC which isn't an option top 5.
                        Most bang for your draft buck.
                        Yep spoken perfectly.

if there was a Harbaugh player in this draft. It’s Brock Bowers.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Shit the Harbaugh pick is

UCLA running back Carson Steele big rugged Toby Gerhert. Will run at you or run you over. He looks Harbaugh Chargers. That’s a guy we can get in the 4th or 5th round.

Comment

Working...
                          X