• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    For some weird reason when I see the dark blue jerseys I think of physicality....I think of Merriman, Jamal W., Steve Foley, Godfrey, Goff, Marty, and that '06 team. That was a really tough, physical, smashmouth team and those jerseys fit that team.

But ever since then when I see a chargers team wearing dark blue I feel like they're imposters. It just doesn't "look" right. I always think to myself, "They should stick with the baby blue and yellow those are better finesse colors."

But now just having Harbaugh as head coach I think those dark blue jerseys are gonna look right again.
    dark jerseys represent stupidity in the sun belt!!!!!.... you are NOT helping your team...
    play in whites all the time and your opponents suffer with dark jerseys!!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Please re-read what I wrote. I'm proposing a 3 way where Buffalo gets Allen, Diggs goes to a third party, and we get draft picks.

Chargers need to get under the cap, and this helps.
      Allen is the ONE I'd like to keep. Lol
      Do that with Joey & I'm in.
      But Diggs is the one who wants a trade, not Buffalo though his cap hit don't help them.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

BTW....not sure who is interested but these are shirts the Director had made up. There is more than just that one.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Run the ball... and play defense. That's Harbaugh football. We are woefully weak at both aspects.
          The running game is missing a physical RB. Then the biggest drop off is LG then DE or LB. These are all positions Harbaugh can fix via draft trade down or staying at #5.

Running Game

Frank Gore = missing physical RB

Joe Staley = Rashawn Slater

Mike Iupati = Zion Johnson

2011 49ers Defense had 3 DPOY candidates.

Justin Smith = Morgan Fox?

Patrick Willis = Kenneth Murray?/Daiyen Hensley?

Navorro Bowman = Derwin James

Mack/Bosa/Tuli trio is arguably better

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

sorry, but those TE's are not anywhere near Bowers in terms of talent!!!.... those who dont want a TE?.... do you not think that Winlsow, Gates, kelsy, or Gronk are difference makers to entire offense?????

Chargers best offenses had Winslow or Gates as the key target!!!
            Chargers have ONLY had number 2 TE's since then!.... Henry was good but not close to great!
            I never said those TE's were great. I was only responding to a poster that claimed that Harbaugh needs to use great TE's to win. Harbaugh wins by running the ball well and putting QB's in a good position to do well because they play balanced offense. He also wins with great defense.

Gates and Winslow were great and certainly contributed to their team's success. But that's not a necessary ingredient to Harbaugh winning games. I believe that defense is more important. Bowers would be lucky to match Sam LaPorta's numbers in Harbaugh's offense. More importantly, the Lions are better than us in nearly every offensive position... yet they are 7-point underdogs to SF this weekend. Defense matters... it always has, it always will. Even Tom Brady and Joe Montana needed great defenses to win it all.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

He probably just needs to be a rotational player at this point. Will spare his body. And he was still pretty effective in spurts earlier this year doing just that, before he got hurt again.

Maybe UofM's strength/conditioning guy will help these guys stay healthier.
              but if he gets hurt playing only part time? I dont think he's worth it. He needs to go IMO. If you cant even stay healthy playing part time then you need to go.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I never said those TE's were great. I was only responding to a poster that claimed that Harbaugh needs to use great TE's to win. Harbaugh wins by running the ball well and putting QB's in a good position to do well because they play balanced offense. He also wins with great defense.

Gates and Winslow were great and certainly contributed to their team's success. But that's not a necessary ingredient to Harbaugh winning games. I believe that defense is more important. Bowers would be lucky to match Sam LaPorta's numbers in Harbaugh's offense. More importantly, the Lions are better than us in nearly every offensive position... yet they are 7-point underdogs to SF this weekend. Defense matters... it always has, it always will. Even Tom Brady and Joe Montana needed great defenses to win it all.
                yes, they had great defenses, but brady, and montana had great TE's.... so did Elway, so does Baltimore... so do 49ers... so does KC.... might add DET to list meaning the top 4 teams this year have the top 4 TE's in the NFL today... that has to mean something to you!

Air coryell chargers had 2 great WR's great RB's, but 1 HOF TE, plus 2 TE's that would start for mosrt teams today..... it was a TE oriented offense....TR's opened up running game and the WR's.....

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

The running game is missing a physical RB. Then the biggest drop off is LG then DE or LB. These are all positions Harbaugh can fix via draft trade down or staying at #5.

Running Game

Frank Gore = missing physical RB

Joe Staley = Rashawn Slater

Mike Iupati = Zion Johnson

2011 49ers Defense had 3 DPOY candidates.

Justin Smith = Morgan Fox?

Patrick Willis = Kenneth Murray?/Daiyen Hensley?

Navorro Bowman = Derwin James

Mack/Bosa/Tuli trio is arguably better
                  A physical RB would be nice. But I think the OL should be the real focus.

Slater is fine.
                  Zion needs better coaching or a change in scheme.
                  The center position (w/o Corey) is a dire need. I'd use our 2nd round pick.
                  Is Salyer a RG or a RT...?
                  Pipkins... [sigh]
                  Zac Zinter was Harbaugh's RG @Michigan. Obviously, he would know what JH wants. Could move Salyer to RT.

The defense is a long ways away... starting in the secondary.
                  ASJ is fine... for a #2 CB. We have no #1 CB. Ja'Sir and Deanne appear to be depth.
                  @LB we have a developing/raw LB in Henly. He had good tape in college. Converted safety... coverage skills looked good.
                  @LB we also have Kendricks. Staley brought him in. He could be a cap casualty. I loved Harbaugh's LB@Michigan. Junior Colson. Round 3.
                  @IDL we are lacking skillset and depth at the position. Double dip...? Serious consideration of round 3 pick (which is why you trade back from #5.
                  @Edge we have probable cap reduction in Bosa or Mack. Tuli is fine... but not what JH had @SF. You will need EDGE depth in the draft.
                  @safety JH had 2 good ones @SF. Can JT Woods develop under Staley...? Can he stay healthy...? Can he learn how to tackle better...?

We're a long way off what JH expects on defense. Jim was close to the prize in SF. He has to know that SB teams have top-10 defenses 90% of the time.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Ravens have 2 great tight ends now, only 1 great tackle and hes always hurt.
                    Brock is the quintessential Harbaugh pick, he marries the run and pass better than anyone else.
                    He brings hyper competitiveness that personifies Harbaugh football.
                    Jim will only need to point to his first, first-round pick to set the standard for effort and intensity.
                    Fills the biggest weakness on offense with generation talent, sans OC which isn't an option top 5.
                    Most bang for your draft buck.
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Allen is the ONE I'd like to keep.
                      Same.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

I'd be shocked if Harbaugh didn't pick Bowers. That guy epitomizes Harbaugh style football.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

dark jerseys represent stupidity in the sun belt!!!!!.... you are NOT helping your team...
                          play in whites all the time and your opponents suffer with dark jerseys!!!!
                          We play under a roof.

Comment

Working...
                          X