• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

every Chargers 2-minute drill last season = guaranteed sack and/or ridiculous pressure.
    Didn’t our QB get injured? I dunno, it’s a blur, can’t remember..

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

every Chargers 2-minute drill last season = guaranteed sack and/or ridiculous pressure.
      Of course it did. They hadn't shown they could run the ball all game long. Often they would abandon the run game... and show the other defense their whole passing game... well before the last 2-minutes of the game. The playbook was laid wide open for a DC to dissect by half-time. IIRC, the OC had run out of plays to call in one or two games... LOL!

Those days over.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Being great at coming up with protection plan would be very helpful after last season. Still not sure why Kellen couldn’t scheme better against the interior rush unless it meant we were basically screwed after Linsley went out.
        The OL trotted out there and went through the motions minus leadership last year. This team has leaders will have a team blocking plan. You know the coach names who intend to use OL as "tip of the spear". This ain't last year.
        We will be better at blocking. How much ? We'll see but better definitely.
        On a scale of 1 - 10, last year's run blocking was 0.5, pass blocking 3. .Teaching these players to attack is the 1st step.When the run game is working, the pass rush is a step slower.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Boobs?

uh, wait…sorry. Damn.
          Boob, singular. ‘s is a connecting modifier, i lack the grammatical dictionary to describe it more correctly. Ask me to write and i can write grammatically correct sentences (I don’t always, but i know when i don’t). but ask me to deconstruct and define the various pieces and parts of sentences and I’m … uh … fuck if I remember what they’re called anymore.

But regarding Boob - I apologize, sorry - it was only a figure of speech for dramatic effect, i didn’t mean it literally. Mybad again.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Lol dmac. 😂

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The OL trotted out there and went through the motions minus leadership last year. This team has leaders will have a team blocking plan. You know the coach names who intend to use OL as "tip of the spear". This ain't last year.
              We will be better at blocking. How much ? We'll see but better definitely.
              On a scale of 1 - 10, last year's run blocking was 0.5, pass blocking 3. .Teaching these players to attack is the 1st step.When the run game is working, the pass rush is a step slower.
              I agree with you 100% about improved coaching to enable our players to actually execute successfully. but “T of the S” is just a slogan - a version of “we’re gonna be a LOS team”. Its hard to name coaches that didn’t say they want to control the LOS. Maybe the dufus in MIA?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Harbaugh is zigging while the rest of the NFL is zagging. Loading up the run game now makes since. The NFL has gone to a pass happy league making the defense have to go lighter and carry more DBs. The LBers have gotten lighter, faster, and you can make an argument that the DLine has gotten lighter, and faster especially the DEs. Running big oline at these lighter LBers and DBs is going to wear these guys down over the course of the game. It will be interesting to see how this works out this year.
                This will be interesting and I agree 100% about the zigging while everyone is zagging idea. Under Staley I kept hearing that we play "modern football". The new modern may be based on old school concepts if we are successful.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree with you 100% about improved coaching to enable our players to actually execute successfully. but “T of the S” is just a slogan - a version of “we’re gonna be a LOS team”. Its hard to name coaches that didn’t say they want to control the LOS. Maybe the dufus in MIA?
                  Staley? He may have said we need to get better.
                  Re "T of S', slogan, OK. I just said that 'cause the coach did. It was a brief example of the language frequently used. Hortiz, Harbaugh often emphasized OL improvement in conversation.
                  Andy Bischoff was in our faces speaking strongly about OL domination. Repeatedly and passionately.
                  I'm just a Chargers fan. Only notice other teams when we play them.
                  Marty used to talk OL. I don't recall much Chargers OL hype between then and now.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'm observing the irony of the human experience. you're talking about how well they made phone calls to draft picks. it was what it was.
                    And only one of us was talking about the Chargers.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This will be interesting and I agree 100% about the zigging while everyone is zagging idea. Under Staley I kept hearing that we play "modern football". The new modern may be based on old school concepts if we are successful.
                      I sure hope so, in the case of our current direction.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Staley? He may have said we need to get better.
                        Re "T of S', slogan, OK. I just said that 'cause the coach did. It was a brief example of the language frequently used. Hortiz, Harbaugh often emphasized OL improvement in conversation.
                        Andy Bischoff was in our faces speaking strongly about OL domination. Repeatedly and passionately.
                        I'm just a Chargers fan. Only notice other teams when we play them.
                        Marty used to talk OL. I don't recall much Chargers OL hype between then and now.
                        You can blame the HC, but the GM is the one responsible for them. Telesco had more years than he deserved. It didn't help that fans overrated the rosters of the teams he had. The OL has been bad for most of Telesco's tenure. He isn't the Chargers' GM anymore, thankfully. There has been good OL play between the time of Marty and now. It's just not to some people's liking. How good they were, that's debatable.

Jim Harbaugh is conditioning a good starting OL lineup. I think he has use for Pipkins given what he and Hortiz have shared.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not sure what Stayley was basing it in. Three years and the defense was still awful.

Comment

Working...
                          X