• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Spags resigned? I missed that … thx, thats good news if it sticks!
    The original poster should have phrased it..."Spags re-signed with the Chiefs"...or "Spags had his deal extended:"

A big difference between re-signing and resigning...

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      So pervasive with the D complexity…likely we have a number of young guys who very quickly look nothing like their Staley versions. Even with all the “holes” on D, might be a very heavy O draft. A new CB should be coming from somewhere, draft or FA, might take an EDGE high depending on what happens with Joey and Mack. But I think Minter will be working with a lot of the guys we already have. Expecting surprises.
      I agree for the most part. Moore was a step or two down from Lombo, so there's that.
      It's hard to judge Chargers players based on 2023 performance. Other than Mack is a HOF stud and played like it.
      Coaching and training will be better, much better on O and D.
      LAC Cap and FA moves coming by 3-13, OTAs by 4-1, draft 4-25. There will be useful feedback from cap, FA and OTAs.
      Right now I'd say C, RB, TE, WR, CB, Edge, DL in no particular order in the draft, FAs ? Hortiz will find some. Who, what, where & when? Dunno.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

His contract lapsed, but the Chiefs renewed.
        So he re-signed or resigned as in quit?

Nevermind, saw it

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Our future HC.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I agree for the most part. Moore was a step or two down from Lombo, so there's that.
              It's hard to judge Chargers players based on 2023 performance. Other than Mack is a HOF stud and played like it.
              LAC Cap and FA moves coming by 3-13, OTAs by 4-1, draft 4-25. There will be useful feedback from cap, FA and OTAs.
              Right now I'd say C, RB, TE, WR, CB, Edge, DL in no particular order in the draft, FAs ? Hortiz will find some. Who, what, where & when? Dunno.
              That's an incredibly scary thought! Lombo was pretty bad himself... We had the blind leading the blind on the offensive side of the ball last year.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's an incredibly scary thought! Lombo was pretty bad himself... We had the blind leading the blind on the offensive side of the ball last year.
                When Linsley went out, there was no OL coordination, run execution. Herbert was winging it on a song and a prayer.
                So grateful for Harbaugh, Roman and Minter.These guys have a strong background in playing tough. This will not be 2023 redo.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Roman definitely knows how to absorb lotsa injuries to key players and keep chugging. Ravens have just had brutal luck in that space over the years. Even worst than us.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Roman definitely knows how to absorb lotsa injuries to key players and keep chugging. Ravens have just had brutal luck in that space over the years. Even worst than us.

TG
                    Not. Humanly. Possible.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Not. Humanly. Possible.
                      Resilience unknown to mankind!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dad! I wrote that first! Hey Dad!

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Moore was not a step down from Lombo. I get that Moore was disappointing. But to say that he was "a step or two down" from Lombardi is reaching. I would get into it, but this thread is not for stuff on the offensive side of the ball. It's about Jesse Minter and anything related to the defense.

You can judge players based on their 2023 performance. Some we have enough to go on. Tu Tu is good, but after that the pieces on defense aren't that great. The team will need to find the players to replace the guys who will be leaving.

Comment

Working...
                          X