• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Trader Joe and the Ravens had four 3rd rounders in 2020. In 2021, they double dipped in round 1, 3. 4 and 5. Trader Joe like to stockpile picks...

image.png
    2021:
    image.png
    And I believe all 4 of those players are starters or major contributors on BALT…
    This is why so many of us just feel they want to trade down. It’s how you rebuild a roster in a single draft.
    We need for MH2 to fall to 5, or MIN trade with the Chargers. Anything else and it gets ugly…

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He must not be familiar with the Spanos family
      I imagine he has been since 1999.
      You’re still not getting it on the Keenan situation. He is not worth it for a non contending team with an established QB…. especially a team moving to Romans system and one who will have the option to draft Marvin/Udenze/Nabers if they choose. That’s why the best offer came from the Bears aside from 2 teams that consider themselves contenders in the AFC. The Bears did it to help develop their rookie QB.

4 linemen and 2 backers in that Ravens draft.
      The worst pick was the second round running back due to injuries, go figure.
      Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 03-25-2024, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Trader Joe and the Ravens had four 3rd rounders in 2020. In 2021, they double dipped in round 1, 3. 4 and 5. Trader Joe like to stockpile picks...

image.png
        2021:
        image.png
        that is fine if you have a late first round pick.... they were NEVER drafting at 5 which gives you an almost cant miss difference making all pro type player ..... great organizations NEVER trade away top 5 picks......

Chargers will never draft this high again if Harbaugh is successful..... Chargers need to take advantage of drafting this high by adding a a true elite talent......

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Maybe folks should stop looking for blame or a bad guy in this deal. Keenan took the money he was due, so what. Chargers couldn’t afford a $23M WR this year, so what. Business interests of the 2 parties diverged and they parted ways. Happens all the time.
          I wish it was that cut and dry but you know better, KA over-played his hand and thought he was untouchable.
          I've spoken my piece and am ready to move on but I'm not letting KA off the hook after he talked about not wanting to play for anyone else and about coming after Gates' record.
          A fool and his gold. The blame is not equal.

I don't subscribe to the idea that you can't judge a man's greed.
          Those who do are mostly hypocrites because they likely have all called the Spanos greedy when they relocated.
          Have you not judged their "business interests"?
          But we're not allowed to recognize when a player is being greedy..absolutely ridiculous.
          I'm actually not even calling him greedy, because I believe KA would have chosen the paycut if he understood Joe was seriously willing to move on. He's not greedy, he's a conceited fool.
          A fool who doesn't appreciate the fans who have backed him through raider hats, social media posts and sideline tantrums.
          The magnitude of this type of foolishness does not happen all the time.
          like Rocky told Tommy the Machine Gun, "you blew it!"
          Mike too, where's his message?
          Vato the only one who took the time to leave graciously.

images (1).jpg
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I imagine he has been since 1999.
            You’re still not getting it on the Keenan situation. He is not worth it for a non contending team with an established QB…. especially a team moving to Romans system and one who will have the option to draft Marvin/Udenze/Nabers if they choose. That’s why the best offer came from the Bears aside from 2 teams that consider themselves contenders in the AFC. The Bears did it to help develop their rookie QB.

4 linemen and 2 backers in that Ravens draft.
            The worst pick was the second round running back due to injuries, go figure.
            Oh I get it. Business decision by both sides. Just like Mr Harbaugh said.

You might have missed my point about him not knowing the Spanos in response to the third base comment.

Comment

• Stetson516
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2024
              • Send PM

Remember.... with Keenan as great as his still is, Mike Williams and Eckler... we still went 5-12. Time for a change.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                As of today, Chargers would be getting two sixth round comp picks -- pending Kristian Fulton as Korte said

Austin Johnson I think signed in the 3.5m range so that might be enough to offset Fulton

If the Chargers do keep the two 6th round comp picks - would have four picks in Round 6 in 2025

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As of today, Chargers would be getting two sixth round comp picks -- pending Kristian Fulton as Korte said

Austin Johnson I think signed in the 3.5m range so that might be enough to offset Fulton

If the Chargers do keep the two 6th round comp picks - would have four picks in Round 6 in 2025
                  Horitz wasn't joking about how much he loves compensatory picks! The odds of 6th round picks turning into great players are low, but if you keep getting enough of them you may eventually hit on one.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Horitz wasn't joking about how much he loves compensatory picks! The odds of 6th round picks turning into great players are low, but if you keep getting enough of them you may eventually hit on one.
                    I trust Hortiz more to hit on 6th rounders than good ol' TT.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think anything in the latter half of the 6th round, if not all the sixth round through Round 7 just allow you to draft priority UDFAs basically without having to negotiate the free market post draft

But if you have enough picks - you just never know. Also, the sixth rounder from the patriots - could be near the top of the 6th round. That could allow Hortiz to move up in Round 4 or 5 for a better player. Team would still have three other picks in Round 6

Based on OTC updates - the Chargers have $33m of cap space. Fulton will probably be a few million and take away $20m for draft picks, practice squad and in-season fund (just being conservative) - that still leaves $10m or so of cap space

Tyler Boyd?

Justin Simmons - how would he fit?

Extend Slater?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I trust Hortiz more to hit on 6th rounders than good ol' TT.
                        I would trust Hortiz more to hit on 6th rounders than Tommy Gettleman Polian to hit on 3rd or 4th rounders

Hortiz really has had a plan this offseason. Building up the depth with cheap veterans - and playing the comp pick game. Draft should be fun

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think anything in the latter half of the 6th round, if not all the sixth round through Round 7 just allow you to draft priority UDFAs basically without having to negotiate the free market post draft

But if you have enough picks - you just never know. Also, the sixth rounder from the patriots - could be near the top of the 6th round. That could allow Hortiz to move up in Round 4 or 5 for a better player. Team would still have three other picks in Round 6

Based on OTC updates - the Chargers have $33m of cap space. Fulton will probably be a few million and take away $20m for draft picks, practice squad and in-season fund (just being conservative) - that still leaves $10m or so of cap space

Tyler Boyd?

Justin Simmons - how would he fit?

Extend Slater?
                          I would still like to bolster the CB room with another 1 year vet. Steven Nelson or Stephon Gilmore anyone?

Comment

Working...
                          X