Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
    QJ was a rookie and showed it. BUT what concerns me with him is that he seems not to have good hands.THERE BRICKS!
    What concerns me are the little things.
    He looks like a very shy personality, if you notice, he was never hanging out next to the big dog KA, he was always in his comfort zone chilling with Darius Davis.
    I won't use the "S" word, but he didn't get Steve Smith's stamp of approval, Zay did. Steve Smith has a good eye for the intangibles, the proverbial, "dog".
    I need to see a RESPONSE from QJ.
    a little anger and splash of resentment in his workouts and a complete surrender to the Jim and Roman process.

Rooting for you Q, show me some fight!
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• colorado
      Fan since '62
      • Jun 2023
      • Desert Rat
      • Nothing but time on my hands
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, hope yer right. Let's see how Spiller does in the preseason. And don't forget about Dot...
      Happiness is being a DOT INNOVATOR...lol

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

As far as OT goes, I don't think Harbaugh and the coaching staff really know what they have on the o-line and they probably won't know until Aug 2 when they get the players in the building. They might see these guys and be like we are ok on the o-line and might not need to spend a high pick on an OT. I mean who had McFadden @ center on their bingo card? Regardless, the do need depth on the o-line so I'm sure they will draft olinemen but the question is will it be in the top of the draft or back?
        how would they surmise that McFadden could play center for us, but then have to wait on whether we have RT/RG enough ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargerTrader
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

I wonder how it went with Dobbins yesterday? I would be fine bringing him in at a vet minimum plus incentives deal

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how would they surmise that McFadden could play center for us, but then have to wait on whether we have RT/RG enough ??
            Guess?
            McFadden has the right build and was highly regarded in college.
            Salyer was the starting LT on Nat'l Champ Geo. looked very good as Chargers LT.
            Zion and Slater were 1st rd picks. Not giving up on Zion. Slater was a pro bowler.
            Pip put a lot of work in improving and got a new contract.
            Harbaugh & staff will get some "hands on" with them. in voluntary workouts starting Apr 2.
            Stronger fact based opinions start then.
            Are you there working as hard as possible?
            Do you grasp what we're teaching?
            5 fingers of a FIST. You better be ready to hit someone.

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Rumors are heating up about a blockbuster trade between Vikings and Changers involving JJ. It appears this rumor is picking up steam. I don't know if this is also involving the Vikings moving up in the draft or not. Definitely keeping an eye out for this one.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Watching tape. Watching tape and seeing someone live are not the same.

He said that he thought he could play center. He won't know until he is actually taking snaps at center.
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

lots of talk today that Vegas is about to sign Tannehill
                  So then it’s Nix…
                  Or is he gone too?
                  Hearing RUMORS Payton wants Nix and since they don't have draft capital to trade up, I'd buy that.

I haven't heard a thing about Tannehill to the Raiders.

I'll watch the news here tonight. That would would be a great move by TT😂

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I posted this on another thread... the X receiver is simply a WR that is split out and on the LOS. Both QJ and JP have done that. In this offense, Chargers will be in 21-personnel a majority of the time. In this personnel, Hurst will be your receiving TE and lined up in the slot (Y receiver). Sometimes DD will come in and run out of the slot. Often, he will be in motion (threat of Jett Sweep or bubble screen). Occasionally, we may see JP, QJ, DD, and Hurst in at the same time. In those scenarios, QJ and JP are the X receivers, Hurst the Y receiver, and DD the Z receiver.

In the end, the run will set up the passing game... just as it did in 2021 (Herbert's best year). Without a run game, your offense is dead in the water. We've seen this the last 2 years. Once you become 1-dimensional (and your RT sucks) your QB's job gets harder and you expose your $200m QB to harm.

The new offensive philosophy will take time getting used to (especially after Lombo and Moore). But people will come around once the wins begin to flow in. Nobody will care who is playing the X, Y, or Z positions then.
                    I don't know if you saw the video I posted of all of QJs targets for 2023 but he played everywhere. The Z receiver also splits out wide on the line of scrimmage opposite of the X so if both receivers are split wide on the LOS one is the X WR and the other is the Z WR. Simply, the X receiver is the #1 WR and the Z is the #2 WR.

If the TE is in he is usually the Y receiver. If they have 3 wrs then the one that is in the slot is the F receiver. So, in the above scenario with our current wr core, the WR spit wide right on the LOS would be X wr (likely QJ), the WR split wide left on the LOS would be the Z wr (likely Plamer), TE (don't know yet) would be Y receiver, WR lined up in the slot off the LOS (likely DD) would be the F receiver, and if there is a RB going out to be a receiver he would be the H receiver. This is the basic formation and letters.
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                      Rumors are heating up about a blockbuster trade between Vikings and Changers involving JJ. It appears this rumor is picking up steam. I don't know if this is also involving the Vikings moving up in the draft or not. Definitely keeping an eye out for this one.
                      Keenan is older but we needed the money and cap space so we got rid of him on account of his $23M salary. The draft is loaded with WRs talent this
                      year. What makes anybody believe we'll sign JJ for upwards of $30M/yr? Makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm calling big time BS on this one.

If we trade with the Vikings we can still land a WR @11 or 23 without paying $30M/yr.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

lots of talk today that Vegas is about to sign Tannehill
                        So then it’s Nix…
                        Or is he gone too?
                        Lol - TT IS COLLECTING THE WHOLE SET!!! thats his third shitty QB signing of the off-season?

fucking- A - too good. I can't believe I watching it unfold, TT be navigating the Pirate Bus like ...

Driving Car Crash GIF by FIA World Rally Championship
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I've been a Chargers fan since I attended that first game at Balboa Stadium in 1961. In all these years the Bolts have never had as much good publicity as they are getting since singing Jim Harbaugh. It's kind of funny that signing a new HC would turn out to be such a big story.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X