• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Won't happen. I think it's maybe just Vikings fans who want to keep one of their first round picks but fuck that. I want them both and their 2025 first.
    Probably the same ones that thought we would trade them Herbert.
    There's no way we traded Keenan just to trade for another high 1 year contract in a loaded WR class year.

That 3rd round comp pick is nothing compared to the extra 2 firsts we should get.
    Yep...let the Vikes sweat a little...that #5 is gold...I'm sure Trader Joe knows how to play hardball...especially when there's SEVERAL GM's in the hot seat...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol...what rumor? What steam? Its not even viable, in anyway imaginable...Vikings wanna keep him...we cant pay him...its ridiculous...
      Okay, here's ONE of those rumors...and REMEMBER...it's JUST a RUMOR:

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, here's ONE of those rumors...and REMEMBER...it's JUST a RUMOR:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...st/ar-BB1kLFt9
        Even Taylor thinks it's funny

taylor swift laughing GIF

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

There's not a lot of risk in this experiment.

Swap 5 for 11, 23 and JJ

If we can't resign JJ next offseason with more cap available, take the 3rd comp pick and let him walk.

It's worth a shot imo
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Won't happen. I think it's maybe just Vikings fans who want to keep one of their first round picks but fuck that. I want them both and their 2025 first.
            Probably the same ones that thought we would trade them Herbert.
            There's no way we traded Keenan just to trade for another high 1 year contract in a loaded WR class year.
            Should the Chargers get Justin Jefferson

image.png

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

The only way I do a deal with the Vikes for JJ and picks is if the Vikes pick up the tab for most of that $19 mil salary due him this year...then, after JJ hits FA, we'll be in better cap shape, but we still can't offer crazy $$$ to extend him...so if JJ doesn't take our team friendly offer, let him hit FA and we pick up a nice comp pick...now THAT'S Trader Joe's style...

image.png
              So we get a 1 year rental and then he probably gets the boot because we're not paying $30M/yr. What do the Viks get? Don't say #5, we are not giving that out
              for a 1 year rental. You can spin any way you like. It's not happening this year. Too many good WR available in the draft.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I hate all this terminology. It's a Flanker, Split End, Tight End and Slot receiver. End of story. One of the Flanker or Spit End lines up OFF the LOS, otherwise you have a penalty. The WR that doesn't line up at the LOS should be the one that has trouble with press coverage. That would be QJ. A good coach would see this and understand the issues after watching a handful of plays. It's not rocket science, it's football 101.
                Sorry you hate the terminology but it's football 101. I didn't make it up.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  There's not a lot of risk in this experiment.

Swap 5 for 11, 23 and JJ

If we can't resign JJ next offseason with more cap available, take the 3rd comp pick and let him walk.

It's worth a shot imo
                  Would do it in a second.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

So we get a 1 year rental and then he probably gets the boot because we're not paying $30M/yr. What do the Viks get? Don't say #5, we are not giving that out
                    for a 1 year rental. You can spin any way you like. It's not happening this year. Too many good WR available in the draft.
                    That's why talk of this deal is doomed to failure...though some people are saying trade down to #11 and we still get #23...I think the Vikes don't even need to throw in JJ for this...Trader Joe just masterfully guided us out of Cap Hell...no way he'll want to take on another monster deal...

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Sorry you hate the terminology but it's football 101. I didn't make it up.
                      I know you didn't make it up. There was nothing wrong with the terminology that was used for nearly 100 years.
                      And everybody knew what they were talking about. Now one need an NFL on line dictionary.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

That's why talk of this deal is doomed to failure...though some people are saying trade down to #11 and we still get #23...I think the Vikes don't even need to throw in JJ for this...Trader Joe just masterfully guided us out of Cap Hell...no way he'll want to take on another monster deal...
                        They don't. Now to avoid giving their 2025 first, now that's why they might,..... and he has already turned down their offer of 30+ mil a year.

I don't want JJ and his contract demands. I'll take the 2025 first.....and I'll ask for their 4th this year. They can keep JJ while we draft a WR.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I saw nothing in that article that said the "rumored" trade was for both the Vikings first round picks AND Jefferson. If they did offer both the picks and Jefferson, we could use him for a year, let him walk and get a really high compensatory pick back when he signs a monster contract somewhere else. Since some where thinking the trade for 11 and 23 was enough for the 5, we'd get Jefferson's use for a year and a 3rd round pick in '26 for him.

Comment

Working...
                          X