That's my left tackle.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

What is your solution then? Do you think Hortiz and Harbaugh are going to address RT before they address the other areas that more badly need to be addressed?
      Early or late doesn’t matter, we’re talking a UDFA level guy. I’m sure JH2 are aware, and have multiple solution scenarios cuz not hard to fix - for them, rocket science for TT/Staley apparently lol.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Early or late doesn’t matter, we’re talking a UDFA level guy. I’m sure JH2 are aware, and have multiple solution scenarios cuz not hard to fix - for them, rocket science for TT/Staley apparently lol.
        When Staley let Steichen walk I had bad feelings about the whole regime under Staley. After Kellen Moore completely failed I realized Staley had zero clue about fixing the offensive side of the ball.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• HK55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2018
          • Send PM

Still have fingers crossed. But don’t think the Min 11&23 scenario materializes. Personally think the Oline will be fine with later round additions. But if you want a RT at 5 then draft a RIGHT tackle, Fuaga. Still in the Bowers camp. But if they go WR, would pick MHJ, then Odunze. Nabers gives me the Cromartie vibe. Great talent, me first attitude. And PLEASE stop with the Generational or GOAT designations for player A or B or any player who has not played a single NFL snap. Give these poor kids a chance to play a couple years.

WR Chalk on a reasonable contract would be great. Like him better than the high price tag WRs still out there or by trade. Chalk could be WR3 if Chargers go WR @5. This takes pressure of QJ.

Still a ton of FAs out there. Link below⬇️ You have to scroll down about 2/3 of the page. A couple guys I like for rotational additions. Dee Delaney CB. Zach Cunningham LB. Rasheem Green DE. None would break the bank.

Tracking the status and signings of all NFL free agents.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Ontario , Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Who are they going to stick next to the rook at RT: Salyer or McFadden?

And how do you think that will work out on 3rd & passing downs with blitz packages probing the right side again? Chark will bail them out?

They paired up Olivea with Mike Goff.
            He will be better than Pipkins either way. This team is being built to run the ball for 4.2+ ypr so we wont have to be in 3rd and long situations. I trust Hortiz will be able to assess the OG positions as well and will add if necessary.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That will be for Roman/Devlin/Harbaugh to decide. If Salyer/McFadden is not enough... don't be surprised to see Zak Zinter.
              With a strong running game... 3rd-and-long is a thing of the past.

3rd-and-short is not your ideal situation to blitz. Balanced offenses are a nightmare to defense. Get used to it. Chark and QJ could be deadly in 3rd-and-2 situations. I know that will take getting used to for most Chargers' fans. It's been a while.
              You'd be fine with two rookies starting on the right side?

I sure wouldn't draft Zak Zinter with the intention of starting him .... especially next to another rook.

And I don't think Hortiz would either; Zinter would sit and develop and fill in when needed.

Chargers would bring in a vet in free agency after the draft.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

Doesn’t matter if two rookies start on the right side, the left side was a one year starter and rookie. If whichever of these lineman can run the scheme, that’s who should start. It’s the coaching that will be the difference. So just coach ‘em up.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

LAC is not going to be a favorable destination for UFA WRs. A one year contract here would not set them up for a nice pay day. It's the scheme vs the chance to play with Justin Herbert. Maybe someone will bite in the next few days, before it's too late.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lotta young OL talent to work with, yup.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You'd be fine with two rookies starting on the right side?

I sure wouldn't draft Zak Zinter with the intention of starting him .... especially next to another rook.

And I don't think Hortiz would either; Zinter would sit and develop and fill in when needed.

Chargers would bring in a vet in free agency after the draft.
                      I would. Those two particular players, specifically. Both are very good run blockers.
                      Run blocking (and the accompanied landmarks) can be taught almost immediately.
                      Fuaga, in particular, has already shown his skillset there. He is already better than Plumpkins in that area.
                      Zinter has 3 1/2 years of experience @RG. That's 2 1/2 more years than Salyer has @RG.
                      Salyer looked lost @RG last year. I'm not surprised... he'd never played there before. Plumpkins play did him no favors.
                      Can he be coached up @RG with the new coaches...? TBD. His play @LT was much better.
                      Maybe Salyer becomes our swing tackle after 2024.

OT's for 2024: Slater, Fuaga, Plumpkins. Let them compete... but we all know who starts. Let Pippy provide depth @OT.
                      OG's for 2024: Zion, Zinter, Salyer. Again, let them compete. Good depth @OG.
                      OC's for 2024: Bozeman, McFaddem, Jaimes. McFadden and Jaimes compete for the backup role @OC.

No FA OG needed. Locked, cocked, and ready to roll in 2024.
                      In 2025, they save themselves $6.75m in cap space by letting Pipkins go. Salyer becomes the swing tackle.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

He will be better than Pipkins either way. This team is being built to run the ball for 4.2+ ypr so we wont have to be in 3rd and long situations. I trust Hortiz will be able to assess the OG positions as well and will add if necessary.
                        The last time we ran the ball @4.3 ypc... Herbert had his best year (2021). 2024 should be the return of the king.
                        Get it done Joe! Imagine Fuaga in place of Storm @RT. Imagine Zinter in place of Schofield @RG. 4.3 ypc would be a disappointment actually. LOL!

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
                          Still have fingers crossed. But don’t think the Min 11&23 scenario materializes. Personally think the Oline will be fine with later round additions. But if you want a RT at 5 then draft a RIGHT tackle, Fuaga. Still in the Bowers camp. But if they go WR, would pick MHJ, then Odunze. Nabers gives me the Cromartie vibe. Great talent, me first attitude. And PLEASE stop with the Generational or GOAT designations for player A or B or any player who has not played a single NFL snap. Give these poor kids a chance to play a couple years.

WR Chalk on a reasonable contract would be great. Like him better than the high price tag WRs still out there or by trade. Chalk could be WR3 if Chargers go WR @5. This takes pressure of QJ.

Still a ton of FAs out there. Link below⬇️ You have to scroll down about 2/3 of the page. A couple guys I like for rotational additions. Dee Delaney CB. Zach Cunningham LB. Rasheem Green DE. None would break the bank.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/all/
                          if we stay at 5, and Harrison is gone..... we have to take Bowers. MHJ and Bowers are the 2 best non-QB's in this draft and both are generational cant miss talents at 2 great positions of need.....

I personally think Bowers is the harder one to defend against and will have bigger impact on Chargers helping both running game and passing game and actually can play FB too..... a tough physical beast with relentless attitude.... and Harbaugh will be using 2 TE's most of the time....

WR's can be found all through the draft..... and RT's are not taken at top of draft.... they can be foud late first round and 2nd round

Comment

Working...
                          X