• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

If Harbaugh starts the season 4-5 and it seems to be going nowhere then I guess I agree with your line of thinking, but DAMN, I'm hoping for much more than that in year one, maybe I need to tone down my expectations for year one...wow, you really think things are going to be that bad in year one?

as for getting 6th round picks for guys like Mack and Bosa, I guess if the season is lost but how many 6th rounders do we need in 2025? they already have their own 6th, the 6th swapped with NE in the JC Jackson trade and they are scheduled to receive three additional 6th rounders in compensatory picks...as of right now the Chargers already have 11 draft picks in the 2025 draft and they might get a fourth compensatory pick (a 7th rounder) for Michael Davis once the formula is updated and Fulton is removed from the list of qualifying free agents which would bring their total to 12 draft choices before making any additional trades...that would be their top five picks, five 6th rounders, and two 7th rounders...

I fail to see the need to trade those guys for another couple of low round picks...
    Some people have that dream of cornering the entire 7th round. Don't come between a man and his dream.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

On this board we had many (MANY) 'discussions' last year about how good we were going to be; Moore was the savior, Herbert will rock, Staley will resurrect the defense, we're going to win 10 to 12 games and be a playoff team . . . . . . . . . but of course it didn't go down that way. So for 2024:

1, I'm certain that we will be a much more difficult team to play against this year,
      2. I'm certain that we (Charger fans) won't be embarrassed by our team's performance,
      3. I'm fairly certain that we'll win more games than we did last year,
      4. I'm hopeful that we'll be in the playoff hunt,
      5. If we manage to land a spot in the playoffs I'd be ecstatic and consider that result to be exceeding expectations,
      6. If we manage to win a playoff game - Yahtzee!!!

The reality is that football is the ultimate team game, and we've experienced SIGNIFICANT changes, changes that I'm confident will ultimately make this team much better, but it will take time for all of these new parts to learn how to work together effectively. I'm not throwing in the towel on 2024, but my hopes for a championship ride on 2025 and beyond, after this team is fully made over. Let's try to keep it real here this year . . . . . . .

Fun fact about Yahtzee
      yatzee.jpg

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

REally solid signing. So for one Justin Simmons - even at say $8m for one year - the Chargers have gotten Chark, Dupree and probably a DB for depth...

I like the signing of Bud Dupree - Edge was a concern
        I'd would still trade Pipkins for a 2025 7th Rd pick and use that money on Simmons. I see Trey as JAG and Simmons as a Dog. Competitors welcome.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'd would still trade Pipkins for a 2025 7th Rd pick and use that money on Simmons. I see Trey as JAG and Simmons as a Dog. Competitors welcome.
          We need a solid FS pretty bad, and Simmons would be a big upgrade...but the Bolts may want to keep Pip for depth...there are some other cheaper FA FS's out there also...just don't like going into the season with JT WoodWhiffy at FS...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We need a solid FS pretty bad, and Simmons would be a big upgrade...but the Bolts may want to keep Pip for depth...there are some other cheaper FA FS's out there also...just don't like going into the season with JT WoodWhiffy at FS...
            Marcus Maye is a solid FS that would be cheaper than Simmons

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Kinda amazing if we go into the season with that glob of money spent on a middling backup, instead of a stud starter. GM fail.
              😡

(but even if we do, we’re going to the playoffs, baby, and fuck that Yahtzee-playing squirrel!)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Chargers could sign Simmons to a multi year deal that would lower his cap number this year but have him for two years ... As for Pipkins - I do like the depth at OT

But as much as I have been pushing the Simmons signing - - I do think pragmatically, Chark + Dupree + $3-4m Safety is better for the team than one Justin Simmons. And if Simmons gets around 8-9m - the Chargers are getting three players for one Justin Simmons

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I think an OT is worth more than a 7th. round pick. He has played both Tackle positions aqnd some team out there no doubt has OT problems and would be happy totake a chance on Pip.

As for Simmons, he hasn't lived up to the billing. Anyway, what's wrong with Gilman and Davis?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I would have to know the depth at OT without Pipkins is solid enough. As on the surface, being able to use Pipkins money for Simmons would be a no-brainer if the OT depth can at least be as solid as Pipkins could be

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think an OT is worth more than a 7th. round pick. He has played both Tackle positions aqnd some team out there no doubt has OT problems and would be happy totake a chance on Pip.

As for Simmons, he hasn't lived up to the billing. Anyway, what's wrong with Gilman and Davis?
                      Roo, Simmons has been a 2nd team ALL PRO the last 2 seasons....4 times overall. Pretty good player. Better than Gilman actually, who has one decent season under his belt.

He might be too expensive though so I like the idea of signing a cheaper FS like Maye. We have nothing behind Derwin and Gilman.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

The Dupree signing is great and I think the 2 year deal is clever. With Mack most likely not being with the Chargers next year, they will go into the year with a solid trio and probably draft an edge in the first 3 rounds.

They could do a similiar thing with Simmons and sign him to a 3 year deal.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Hey Roo, who's Davis?
                          I'm with Canada though, we appear really thin at S.

Comment

Working...
                          X