• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Stick were to start every game this season with our O mostly intact, I think he's good enough to win us maybe 8-9 games...with Herbie starting, we're good for about 11-14 games...that's the difference...
    'Cat.... you do recall that his win percentage last go 'round was a resounding .000

and how you get him over .500 is a mathematical houdini, far as I can tell....

him @only a coupla few games behind Herbo, is just not happenin'

might want to rethink your drink on that one.... ??

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Lets break it down like this then.

Wentz winning percentage 86.9% Stick 94.2%. So Stick was better.
      Sick was an upgrade then, over Daniels.
      From what we know GR has worked well with QB's that can run and are average passers, this is what I am basing it on, past performance. I think Stick would play decently if needed to for a game or 3.

I am not arguing that Stick is better than Herbert, nobody is, but I definitely think he can do alight, for the price. I do not think we are in a position to spend a lot on a backup QB with the holes we still have in the roster.
      lets break down your breakdown
      • Stick had a higher win percentage, that doesn't prove "Stick was better". Nobody could watch the two play and say he is better imo, thats just me.
      • I do not see Stick upgraded the position vs Daniel (still no S in his last name if you want to serve as our expert - just an FYI). He was cheaper. He is still cheaper.
      • GR has designed a running-QB offense in the past, true. But no thinking person seriously believes that LAC plan to install a running-based offense for Herbie. The team cannot practice two different offenses every week as a contingency for QB injury - one for Herbie and one for a backup QB who can't execute Herbie's offense.
      It would be better to have a backup that can run Herbie's offense without major change. I don't think Stick is the guy for that, but I think you're right we may, um, er, (topcat alert) stick with him
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Stick is Ryan Fitzpatrick without the beard or the magic.

Also, he is good at clipboarding.

But wait, there is more...

Easton provides a second opinion for Justin in his processing (great value !)

Just play .500 (without the voodoo math) under GRo.
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Stick is Ryan Fitzpatrick without the beard or the magic.

Also, he is good at clipboarding.

But wait, there is more...

Easton provides a second opinion for Justin in his processing (great value !)

Just play .500 (without the voodoo math) under GRo.
          Stick is a decent running QB. G-Ro can use him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Stick is a decent running QB. G-Ro can use him.
            I can picture Stick being adequate with the likes of Ladd as a security blankie.
            Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

The Chargers are #2 on this list. Though the people who make this list have a poor track record of getting their predictions right, which they admit.

10 NFL Teams That Have No Chance At Making The Playoffs This Season

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The Chargers are #2 on this list. Though the people who make this list have a poor track record of getting their predictions right, which they admit.

10 NFL Teams That Have No Chance At Making The Playoffs This Season
                These predictions are almost pointless...what they should be saying is..."Do you have a QB?" If you do then you have a chance. We have a QB, Probably a better oline, and for sure a better coach. Some where this has to add up to something positive. LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think Stick gets 6-7 wins, close to Ghost than you, too. Call it 8, so what - thats not good enough.

The last time I recall Stick playing decently was in one of his early (2nd?) preseasons 4 or so years ago. He played poorly last preaseason. Poor last reg season. Poor the preseason before. ... its a trend.

He's not up to NFL caliber of QB consistency - like 99+% of athletes in the world. NFL QB is that hard. he makes too many bad reads and bad throws, and his arm is sub-par anyway. The investment in Stick is misplaced imo

I'm even less bullish on Stick - 6 wins MAX, if everything goes perfectly . . . . . . . . . . . most likely less. We haven't had what I'd consider a quality backup QB in years . . . . . . . . . . It was one of my (many) sore spots in regards to TT.

I hope that we can upgrade sometime in the next couple of years . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                    Day One...
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Brentwood, 94513
                    • Send PM

That was more Stick talk that I thought I’d see here. Who gives a shit about the back up who won’t see time. Clipboard Jesus is all that’s needed. My main thing I want from Stick is to help Herbert as much as he can in the qb room. Those two seem to have a good working relationship.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Man, Minter hitting the ground running....installing... communicating ! Him and Jimbo like Tuli.

Jesse Minter is making Brandon Staley look like a sophomore. The players feel the genuine, certified football.

We gonna be solid, like Australian Buloke.
                      No music, all speed, keep your head in the game. Great stuff.

Tackling drills in the background, I like it. Practice the basics.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        Adrian Amos is a guy I've always liked. Should be a good, cheaper, add for a team.
                        Marcus Maye a FS is out there. Think he played for 7 million last year. Maybe we could get him for 4 this year

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I never understood the Bolts keeping either Stick nor Daniel as backup QB...they both played mostly poorly...I think the best backup QB we had besides PR backing up Brees was Billy Volek...
                          Volek was the best. Other than that the Chargers have a tradition of clipboard carriers who are great in the QB room but cant play when they get on the field....Easton Stick, Chase Daniel, Charlie Whitehurst

Comment

Working...
                          X