• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

That's pretty much overstating the glaringly transparent, isn't it, Captain Obvious? lol

I mean... Is there ANYbody that would do better under Staley than Harbaugh? It could make a great stand up routine-- a comic explaining why a player would perform BETTER under Brandon Staley.
    I suppose even Carrothead would win a few more games under Harbo, than under Staley...but then, it's all a moot point unless Stick plays...and BTW, I have said before I would like the Bolts to upgrade Stick by signing a cheap but decent FA QB...UNLESS the Bolt Brass places a higher value on Stick than most of us do...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Carson Wentz never had as good of a record as Stick. He was 20-3, same losses but less than half the wins. So in half the games he had the same loss record as Stick.

Stick is as good as Chase Daniels for sure, better I would say in the GR offense.
      3 quick points for discussion:
      1. that is statistical noise, good brother. 20-3, 40-3, its the same shit. NDSU has steamrolled the other teams in their conference(s) almost every year since 1964.
      2. Nobody here thinks Chase Daniel (no S) is good enough to be our backup. is that the yardstick?
      3. you don't know the GR Charger offense, none of us do.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Stick was playing under Staley, u might be right, though I would say 6-8 wins maybe. But Stick under Harbo would fare better. Remember, it was Harbo who designed an offense to minimize Kaepernick's liabilities, and made it roll good enough to get the Niners to the SB in 2012...
        I think Stick gets 6-7 wins, close to Ghost than you, too. Call it 8, so what - thats not good enough.

The last time I recall Stick playing decently was in one of his early (2nd?) preseasons 4 or so years ago. He played poorly last preaseason. Poor last reg season. Poor the preseason before. ... its a trend.

He's not up to NFL caliber of QB consistency - like 99+% of athletes in the world. NFL QB is that hard. he makes too many bad reads and bad throws, and his arm is sub-par anyway. The investment in Stick is misplaced imo
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I think I was a bit harsh on Stick. He was playing with the second group of receivers. I can’t even imagine how bad they are. Limited speed, limited separation skills, no experience, no ability to protect the ball in the air. No wonder our experienced DBs feasted.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

1. that is statistical noise, good brother. 20-3, 40-3, its the same shit. NDSU has steamrolled the other teams in their conference(s) almost every year since 1964.
            2. Nobody here thinks Chase Daniel (no S) is good enough to be our backup. is that the yardstick?
            I never understood the Bolts keeping either Stick nor Daniel as backup QB...they both played mostly poorly...I think the best backup QB we had besides PR backing up Brees was Billy Volek...

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

I think Stick gets 6-7 wins, close to Ghost than you, too. Call it 8, so what - thats not good enough.

The last time I recall Stick playing decently was in one of his early (2nd?) preseasons 4 or so years ago. He played poorly last preaseason. Poor last reg season. Poor the preseason before. ... its a trend.

He's not up to NFL caliber of QB consistency - like 99+% of athletes in the world. NFL QB is that hard. he makes too many bad reads and bad throws, and his arm is sub-par anyway. The investment in Stick is misplaced imo
              stick could not get wins against any of the backup QB's who beat uas last year..... no organization keeps a bad player like Stick this many years when he has shown nothing..... now maybe he looked way better in practice against staleys horrible defense that was not allowed to hit him?.....

I am hoping at least one of our backup QB's actually looks like a decent backup in pre season this year..... hopefully they actually let the QB's throw the ball so we can all see how they do?...rather then just hand off and run out clock like Staley and Lynn did before him......

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I think I was a bit harsh on Stick. He was playing with the second group of receivers. I can’t even imagine how bad they are. Limited speed, limited separation skills, no experience, no ability to protect the ball in the air. No wonder our experienced DBs feasted.
                no you wernt.... Stick has never looked good in pre season or regular season.....
                just compare stick with all the backup QB's that have kicked the chargers butts the last several years... Stick sucks compared to them!

I know he is a nioce guy but its time to cut bait and get a backup QB who has some QB instincts....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Lets break it down like this then.

Wentz winning percentage 86.9% Stick 94.2%. So Stick was better.
                  Sick was an upgrade then, over Daniels.
                  From what we know GR has worked well with QB's that can run and are average passers, this is what I am basing it on, past performance. I think Stick would play decently if needed to for a game or 3.

I am not arguing that Stick is better than Herbert, nobody is, but I definitely think he can do alight, for the price. I do not think we are in a position to spend a lot on a backup QB with the holes we still have in the roster.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Man, Minter hitting the ground running....installing... communicating ! Him and Jimbo like Tuli.

Jesse Minter is making Brandon Staley look like a sophomore. The players feel the genuine, certified football.

We gonna be solid, like Australian Buloke.
                    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 05-23-2024, 12:58 PM.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Man, Minter hitting the ground running....installing... communicating ! Him and Jimbo like Tuli.

Jesse Minter is making Brandon Staley look like a aophomore. The players feel the genuine, certified football.

We gonna be solid, like Australian Buloke.
                      Okay, u made me look that one up...so does this mean our D will be ahem, "laying the wood," Wud?

image.png
                      image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, u made me look that one up...so does this mean our D will be ahem, "laying the wood," Wud?

image.png
                        image.png
                        Hmmm.
                        World's hardest wood.
                        "Bull-Oak."
                        "Ironwood."
                        The Wiradjuri people of New South Wales use it to make boomerangs.
                        Tell the Mayor of Flipville.
                        Know your woods.
                        We don't do Balsa.
                        Not anymore...
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hmmm.
                          World's hardest wood.
                          "Bull-Oak."
                          "Ironwood."
                          The Wiradjuri people of New South Wales use it to make boomerangs.
                          Tell the Mayor of Flipville.
                          Know your woods.
                          We don't do Balsa.
                          Not anymore...
                          Yep...copy that! No more Staley Softwoods...we're now known as the Harbo Hardwoods...

Comment

Working...
                          X