• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
    I found this article on the Vikings page, it's kind of long but it discusses multiple trade up scenarios for the Vikings to get into the top 5, what it would cost and what seems more likely to happen, not surprising the trade up with the Chargers seems like the most realistic one for the Vikes...

just scroll down and you'll see the different breakdowns for a trade with either the Chargers, the Cardinals, the Patriots, or the Commanders, they don't even bother to list the Bears as it's pretty clear that Chicago is not trading that pick this time and the cost would be absurdly high...

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lis...ayden-daniels/
    first of all, the Rich Hill trade value chart is doo doo.... if anything it's less realistic than the Jimmy Johnson model, and.... if anything, the trade is gonna go in the opposite direction, as if anything the Chargers are gonna ask for more than 11 & 23.... my guess is that they could ask for a 2025 third on top of the two firsts (Minny is already without their 2 & 3 this year, and without their second next year.... they still have their 2025 third tho).

no way do I give them one of our fourths, let alone our second.... 11 & 23 is light fare compared to what some of the other QB trades of late have been.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      nice guy but has zero pocket pressence and inconsistent accracy...... he must have dirt on the family....lol

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

A trade back gets you two starters. Picking WR at 5 gives you a game changer. It’s a tough call. Game changers are hard to come by.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think he would do it in a nano second. I hope that is what happens. Dropping 6 spots and getting an extra first. Would be excellent

Take 23 and trade it for a second and third - now you are building a draft and a team. Youth, speed, a solid core
          Just keep trading down, passing on good to great players until we have the entire 7th round. Then we can go ape shit picking up half our team there.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Their 1rst scenario is a trade up to pick #5 (showing a picture of McCarthy kissing a trophy):

Vikings trade picks 11 (358) 23 (245) and 108 (30) for picks 5 (468) and 37 (162). This trade would see the Vikings sending 633 points for 630 points. It’s a fair trade per the trade chart but it’s not going to see the Chargers trade their second round pick.

The likely trade would be # 11 (358 points) and #23 (245 points) for pick # 5. There is a possibility the Chargers would throw in 105 (32) but is unlikely because of the quarterback tax.
            I would make that trade now if I was the Vikes, if it's tru that NE is interested in trading with them for the #3 pick, then the Vikings can go from #5 to #3 on draft day for Drake Maye and NE still gets the guy that they want in McCarthy, the Giants are not going to 4 overall for McCarthy...

so bears go williams, then commanders go Daniels, then the vikes go Maye, then Arizona takes their BPA, and NE takes JJ?
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              A trade back gets you two starters. Picking WR at 5 gives you a game changer. It’s a tough call. Game changers are hard to come by.
              and.... being notoriously in favor of trenchmen more oft than not.... what's your call ?? do you have one yet.... ??
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and.... being notoriously in favor of trenchmen more oft than not.... what's your call ?? do you have one yet.... ??
                this is the delema.... drafting a great OL, TE, CB, or WR would all greatly help this team...... it may be a matter of who Harbaugh and company feel will make the greatest impact?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

first of all, the Rich Hill trade value chart is doo doo.... if anything it's less realistic than the Jimmy Johnson model, and.... if anything, the trade is gonna go in the opposite direction, as if anything the Chargers are gonna ask for more than 11 & 23.... my guess is that they could ask for a 2025 third on top of the two firsts (Minny is already without their 2 & 3 this year, and without their second next year.... they still have their 2025 third tho).

no way do I give them one of our fourths, let alone our second.... 11 & 23 is light fare compared to what some of the other QB trades of late have been.
                  It's content on their site so yeah, it's going to be a bit slanted in their favor, what actually happens will be predicated on how desperate they are to move up, acquiring that 23rd pick shows that they are highly motivated and that is going to fuck their leverage when it comes time to make the deal...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And none of those WR's went higher than Quentin Johnston. Show me where they took a WR @#5. Their one time they had a high 1st round pick... they went OT.

BTW... Marquise Brown got traded (along with a 3rd round pick) to the Cards (#23). That pick turned into Tyler Linderbaum (center). Don't pretend that Hortiz values WR's over OL.
                    I didn't pretend that- I actually would prefer an OL but WR here is BPA which is Hortiz's main strategy. My pt was they will take WRs in rnd 1 - some teams wont. Took Travis Taylor w the #10 btw.

So they will use high rounders for the skill positions in general as well ( took RB Jamal Adams w the #5 too)

They also shelled out $15M for 1 yr for Odell Beckham so they will make the investment.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

this is the delema.... drafting a great OL, TE, CB, or WR would all greatly help this team...... it may be a matter of who Harbaugh and company feel will make the greatest impact?
                      Charge! know you've had some good calls (Bosa), and not so good calls (Solomon Thomas), and like we've all had, and.... know you want to outscore KC, and so.... is that OL, TE or WR for you ?? !!

or how is it that you might consider a CB ??

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I kind of have a problem with some posters talking shit about him, and his wife, to help them deal with the business realignment. its not cool, he doesn’t deserve shit, he didn’t fail to honor or perform any contract or conditions of employment. he served this franchise professionally at an elite level for a decade, he never got in trouble, or created locker problems, or did one thing I know of except be one of the best chargers ever. He deserves respect as this business relationship ends. He earned it.
                        I agree with everything you said here. But some are calling for Harbaugh and Hortiz to be fired for making this trade. That's downright ridiculous.

Seau with the Dolphins and Patriots. Rivers with the Colts. LaDainian Tomlinson with the Jets. It happens. Time to move on.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

nice guy but has zero pocket pressence and inconsistent accracy...... he must have dirt on the family....lol
                          I agree. We need an upgrade to the backup qb position. Last year was a disaster with Stick

Comment

Working...
                          X