• Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

I did not know he didn't want to play for the new regime.

The more I hear, the less sorry I am he was traded.

As far as Keenan's production goes, he was targeted way too much, because they didn't have a running game, and other receivers had trouble staying on the field. Maybe that really made KA's ego feel good, but no NFL team is going to win with that formula.

The bottom line: While KA's salary was commensurate with his usage with prior Chargers' teams, It was out-of-whack for his future usage with this team. Consequently, he was less valued by Hortiz than by Telesco. Further, the Chargers have a dead-cap hit of $11,619,500 that the Bears do not have to pay, Right?
      He never said he didn't want to play for a new regime. He said he didn't want to take a pay cut coming off his best season. But you are correct, he was overused last season due to MW being out and no running game. So I'm sure the Chargers did not want to pay market rate for a receiver when the intention is to use him less. We'll see how that works out.

one thing to mention is that the Chargers were asking him to come back at a reduced rate so it wasn't that need all the cap space they just wanted some and I'm sure they had the Bosa and Mack balls up in the air at the same time.

in any case follow the yellow brick road. Pretty soon you'll reach the wizard.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I feel very strongly about this too. My viewpoint is that the Chargers can be as good as any team in the league THIS SEASON with the right roster additions (and subtractions), I believe that Harbaugh/Hortiz believe the same, and draft pick acquisitions should be for this year's draft.
        Pass the dutchie

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

I feel very strongly about this too. My viewpoint is that the Chargers can be as good as any team in the league THIS SEASON with the right roster additions (and subtractions), I believe that Harbaugh/Hortiz believe the same, and draft pick acquisitions should be for this year's draft.
          they don't want to call it a rebuild, but let's be honest, that just means that they aren't making excuses about the win loss record, they still expect to be competitive even as they retool the squad with younger core around their franchise QB...

if the my hunch turns out to be correct and the Chargers trade down with the vikings and get all that draft capital, I think people are going to back off a bit and realize that the team is being restocked responsibly with younger more affordable players which also helps in the injury department...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

1 last thing about KA
            how much extra money is going to be spent on a rented house or apartment in Chicago? I doubt you're relocating there.
            so he's going to uproot his 4 children (2 school age)
            From their school and community to play in Chicago for a season.
            Just a poor poor choice.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Good analysis. IMHO I believe trading Keenan sets their draft plans to draft either Marvin Harrison Jr. or Malik Nabers at #5. (I could be wrong about that, I'm wrong a lot , but that is my reading.) They have an extra pick from the Keenan. (We may see another trade for either a player that fills a need or an additional draft pick.) With all the cap space they've created they can build out the roster this year with a mix of veteran free agents and the four picks they have in the first 110 and hit the ground running in Sept ready to compete for a SB.
              I'll take MHJ or Nabers 10 out of 10 times this season over an aging KA! Why because we don't have enough cap room to spend on KA's cost coupled with we have too many position needs to fill! Also a fresh start with a potential star top 5 WR deep threat has more value as a whole in Roman's O!

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Harbaugh's 1st year in should be about drafting a core group of young talent that can grow in his culture for the next 5 years and are the type of players he likes, and have a fresh start in the league to establish a legacy under his leadership! This is how dynasties are built! How do I know because I once saw it happen in Dallas under Jimmy Johnson, and the same thing happened again with the pats under BB and in uggg KC.! These next two draft here should be the pillar of this franchise for again the next 5 years! The draft is where it's at, aging star veterans with Thier mind on their money and Thier money on Thier mind and a core of big free agent signings is where it's not at!
                Last edited by electricgold; 03-16-2024, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post
                  Hey, I was there that day at the Murph - pretty much sitting in the same vantage point as the camera.

That should make me freaking royalty here!!!

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I'll take MHJ or Nabers 10 out of 10 times this season over an aging KA! Why because we don't have enough cap room to spend on KA's cost coupled with we have too many position needs to fill! Also a fresh start with a potential star top 5 WR deep threat has more value as a whole in Roman's O!
                    Keenan was a great WR last year. I felt he was the best route runner in the NFL.
                    On the other hand he's getting old and has missed games with injuries in the recent past.
                    At some point he may just fall off a cliff in health and he cost a fortune in cap.
                    Rookie MHJ, Odunze, Nabers are a step down from KA in being open every down if KA is fully healthy.
                    They have greater speed and are the future where KA is not.
                    We won't be counting on one WR to save us in 2024. Rather multiple WR, TE, RB rec options and a healthy run game,

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Meh!

Put in a crappy situation and played like crap.

He's evidently a nice guy, so there's that.

Only time before he becomes a Raider.
                      TT will put together a polite group of guys.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Starting QB in 21-63

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Hey, I was there that day at the Murph - pretty much sitting in the same vantage point as the camera.

That should make me freaking royalty here!!!
                          Me too. Breathtaking leap

Comment

Working...
                          X