• Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Thomas at 11 is just waaay too high.
    Rather just trade up a couple spots and take Odunze. He’s practically as fast and a better overall WR.
    You may be right but I tend to think Thomas at 11 seems good! He's 6'4 runs in the 4.3's and is a consistent deep threat! It seems like this draft is stacked at WR! Either way we gotta come away from this draft with two solid WR's like another poster mentioned....

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
      The Cleveland number is mind blowing. Even without Chubb that team had an outstanding line, had Callahan as the ol coach and had good rbs.
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

You may be right but I tend to think Thomas at 11 seems good! He's 6'4 runs in the 4.3's and is a consistent deep threat! It seems like this draft is stacked at WR! Either way we gotta come away from this draft with two solid WR's like another poster mentioned....
        He has some serious negatives. 11 to me is just too high if we’re just getting a guy whose fast. There’s plenty of them in this draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He has some serious negatives. 11 to me is just too high if we’re just getting a guy whose fast. There’s plenty of them in this draft.
          "...some serious negatives." ???

Go ahead and compare BTJ to Mr. 4.21 .
          There is a huge difference in production.
          If you are going to blast, it is necessary to be specific.
          And just how much bulk production are we looking from additional WRs in our '24 offense ?
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

I don't know BTJ looks pretty dynamic to me when you equate it with Justin Herbert throwing to him! Definitely would be a deep threat we don't have... Just not sure that MHJ or Nabers would be a better option?! But ultimately who knows, well we'll know by next year....

Comment

• HK55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2018
              • Send PM

BTJs highlights look great. That LSU oline must be stacked with underclassmen. Whether it was Daniels or Nussmeier that pocket was clean. I’m assuming @11. If available I’d prefer Odunze or Bower. If neither of them, then Fuaga. If the consensus is the need for a RT, then draft a Right Tackle.

Just a question. Does Pip have the skill set to play OG?

No surprise with TV Sweat. Never understood the hype. Said in another thread he was JaMarcus Russell 2.0 At least Russell stayed clear of Golden Corral till after the draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Only problem with Thomas tape is it doesn't show much of a route tree. Most his highlights are nine routes.

I'll look for more and see if I can find more routes and hand catches. Otherwise he does look good but we won't have him just running deep all the time lol. Will he be there at 23?

Miamis's fool fans want them to draft another WR when they need OC, 2 Edge rushers, a DT and a CB. Just to make Tua look good

​​​​Anyways Thomas is another option though I haven't been considering him yet. At 11 I've pretty much been on the Bowers train.
                ​​

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

I don't know BTJ looks pretty dynamic to me when you equate it with Justin Herbert throwing to him! Definitely would be a deep threat we don't have... Just not sure that MHJ or Nabers would be a better option?! But ultimately who knows, well we'll know by next year....
                  I’m more of an AD Mitchell fan than BTJ. Better route runner l, a couple inches shorter and pretty much just as fast.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree that was the thought process of TT/Staley. Palmer is going into his 4th year now so he should be developed. He's just not shifty like KA and you can't teach that so he'll likely not be able to replace KA as a go to guy on 3rd down. As for QJ, IIRC the knock on him was his hands and that proved out. He seemed to have trouble tracking Herbert's longer passes and the way he batted around some (GB and NE) made him look somewhat uncoordinated. He needs the ball right in his gut. He's not gonna be the MW that we saw go up and make 50/50 balls, 80/20 balls. Again, some things you might not be able to teach. So we have 2 lesser replacements and neither is the explosive guy everyone yearned for the past few years.
                    Palmer hasn't had much opportunity to develop with KA in the lineup. Palmer's 2022 tape shows what he can do without KA in the lineup. 72 receptions shows what can happen when Herbert isn't constantly using KA as his first read. If you watch Palmer's 2022 tape, he converts a lot of 2nd and 3rd down situations.
                    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

QJ will never be the 50/50 receiver that Mike Williams was (very few are). But his ability to to get behind defenders is better than Mike's. If they use him more like TCU used him, he has big play ability. Breaking off long routes and catching the ball with space (YAC abilities) are better than Mike's. His ability to change speeds and his explosiveness are also better than Mike's. QJ's last 6 games, he averaged 5 catches per game. Extrapolated out over 17 games... that's 85 receptions. I don't remember Herbert going long to QJ but a handful of times. That will change with KA gone and an effective play-action offense.

If given the opportunity, I predict Palmer and QJ can have 75 receptions each. In a Greg Roman offense, that would be more than enough. In a Greg Roman offense you better get the run game going. To get the run game going, coaching/blocking scheme will matter... but you'll also need the type of players to execute along the OL. We don't have the RT to do that. Roman expects a lot from his RT.

Your critical eye is trained on JP after his 3rd year... even though he proved his ability in Year 2. Meanwhile, you're overlooking the fact that Pipkins couldn't start over Sam Tevi or Storm Norton in his 2nd and 3rd year.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Yep...the Big 3 of MHJ, Nabers and Odunze have gotten a ton of attention, but Thomas is right behind them in a lot of rankings...kind of a sleeper...and BTW, at 4.33 40 he's actually faster in top end speed than any of the Big 3 or anyone else in the top 10...

image.png
                      Wide Receiver s prospect rankings for the 2024 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Wide Receiver prospects and averages of other scouting reports.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Only problem with Thomas tape is it doesn't show much of a route tree. Most his highlights are nine routes.

I'll look for more and see if I can find more routes and hand catches. Otherwise he does look good but we won't have him just running deep all the time lol. Will he be there at 23?

Miamis's fool fans want them to draft another WR when they need OC, 2 Edge rushers, a DT and a CB. Just to make Tua look good

​​​Anyways Thomas is another option though I haven't been considering him yet. At 11 I've pretty much been on the Bowers train.
                        ​​
                        But...maybe in Roman's ground game first offense, all Thomas really NEEDS is to run that go route and a few others just to stretch the D and keep those safeties on their heels...and even the LB's...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Kinda doubt JH2 goes into the season with Sarell as swing OT..

But you had me with Pip traded. 😎
                          Maybe Hortiz will add it all up,with this draft being deep at OT.
                          And Jamaree is our guy in a pinch.
                          Don't make me use one of my two bonus roster spots on an offensive tackle, bluey.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X