• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Imagine what it would have looked like if he didn't inherit Rivers.
    well, we're about to find out in Vegas.

How long is he the Chargers GM if he didn't inherit Rivers and how aggressive would he have been to get a QB.

He gets partial credit for Herbert from me because he was simply going to take whatever qb was left that draft at pick 6.

My guess is that he would have gone all in on Mariota whatever year that was.
    Barf.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      as for our new Boy Wonder.... like three of his moves alright.... bringing Mack back, Dissly and Troy Dye

after that, think most of the moves fall between.... not that excited (Hayden Hurst), and what a bummer/not so good (Keenan)
      Better Boy Wonder than TT, aka "Boy Blunder"...

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Imagine what it would have looked like if he didn't inherit Rivers.
        well, we're about to find out in Vegas.

How long is he the Chargers GM if he didn't inherit Rivers and how aggressive would he have been to get a QB.

He gets partial credit for Herbert from me because he was simply going to take whatever qb was left that draft at pick 6.

My guess is that he would have gone all in on Mariota whatever year that was.
        I thought TT might draft Mariota in 2015. I wanted him to draft Mahomes in 2017. I was afraid he was going to draft Drew Lock in 2019. Which is why, despite being a bust and a problem child, I am thankful for Jerry Tillery. I read multiple predictions in 2019 that Telesco was going to draft Lock in the 1st rnd. Rivers was 38 and the end was nigh. But TT took Tillery at #28 and the Broncos drafted Lock at #42. If TT had drafted Lock, the Chargers would not have been in the market for a QB in 2020. Herbert would be playing elsewhere and we would be in QB purgatory right now.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

gonna give Boy Wonderbread a B+ for his first war room roundabout,

as mentioned in another thread, think he hit on 7 of 9 picks, which is pretty much double the avg GM haul of 3.5 outta the usual 7 picks.

and do think he was overshadowed by Big Jim, and maybe even some by young John, as think like Telesco, his personality is deferential by nature ??

his draft looks better than Baltimore's, far as eye can tell, and thought that he was a tad better than either of Denver or KC, which had ok drafts, and....

'tis nice not to be losing ground within our division on draft day, which had been a team Tommy John tradition more oft than not, and....

Mr. Telesco did his usual Louisville slugger imitation, def getting some hits, but prolly @least three significant whiffs w/Laube, Eichenberg and the Glazed Donut

thank you to the Caped Crusaders, and here's to hoping we have a marvelous yield w/this first Batman 'n Robin draft haul.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
          X