Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    I'll go one further, 8-8 or even 7-9 saves McCoy. Maybe even 6-10. Injury excuse is already built in.
    If you see me on the street, it will probably be because I jumped out of a window.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I'll go one further, 8-8 or even 7-9 saves McCoy. Maybe even 6-10. Injury excuse is already built in.
      Agreed. Nothing in Spanos history suggests the conditions are bad enough to force them to replace McCoy. The only time they acted quickly to remove a HC was Gilbride, and I think that had more to do with the toxic environment he created between himself and media, him and management, handling of Leaf and losing the locker room. None of that exists now.

Also the stadium issue plays into this, 1st with the local vote and then going forward with either negotiations on a standalone stadium deal or possibly a last resort move to LA in 2018. IMO, they just won't want to deal with a coaching overhaul process until the stadium matter is resolved 1 way or the other.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

I just saw this news on NFL.com. I like his swagger. The fans and media's hindsight will be always 20/20. And the players will be always run through brick wall for him, their strong leader.

BAL fans should complain about how BAL let Beckham abused and owned them like that. That was why they loss the game. They shouldn't picked out 4th down tries that failed and complain, as the same time ignored the other 4th down conversion in that same game.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yep, sadly this is true.

I'd never be one to root for my team to lose....but just be careful what you wish for. I think after almost 4 years of McNorb, I can confidently say we will never win a Super Bowl with him.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Spanos absolutely loves McCoy so if we make the playoffs I see zero chance McCoy would be replaced.
            I can't say why he would be replaced if they made the playoffs after that start.

8-8 possibly.

7-9 and/or 6-10... I don't see it. Especially if they lose the stadium vote. They'll try to get a new coach and build new excitement to get that through the next time around.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Spanos absolutely loves McCoy so if we make the playoffs I see zero chance McCoy would be replaced.
              PLAYOFFS!?....YOU'RE TALKING PLAYOFFS!?

PLAYOFFS!?

You had to know it was coming Rich :chuckle:
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

LOL, I was just responding to the "if we somehow make the playoffs" comment!

Comment

Working...
                X