• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Wow! Thanks! There's always something to learn out there.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

That is soooo awesome!
      I did the 24hours of Lemons with my son a while back, 10am Saturday to 10am Sunday, best weekend ever.
      I'm a car enthusiast and enjoy reading about and seeing other's cars.
      Very much looking forward to Monterey car week.
      I always wanted to run that race. What track was it?

Comment

• SBbound
        Casual fanatic
        • Feb 2019
        • Merced/San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

I always wanted to run that race. What track was it?
        Buttonwillow. I don't think they run the 24hours straight anymore, guessing because of noise?? Highly recommend doing the 24hrs straight if you can find it.
        Anyway it was a blast. 5th in our class, 135 cars, about 450 drivers.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Ok since this seems to be a fun vehicle thread ….i just picked my speed yellow 2008 Cayman S two weeks ago….ive got to find a way for at least a temporary bolt for game days … Amazing fun for a 16 year old car w 53k miles on it IMG_5644.jpg IMG_5643.jpg

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            Ok since this seems to be a fun vehicle thread ….i just picked my speed yellow 2008 Cayman S two weeks ago….ive got to find a way for at least a temporary bolt for game days … Amazing fun for a 16 year old car w 53k miles on it IMG_5644.jpg IMG_5643.jpg
            Sweet! I've always thought of my MX-5 as a mini-Cayman.

I'm not prone to going especially fast, but I loves me a great handling, zippy roadster with as much acceleration as you could need.

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              It was time for a new ride and I needed one of these in my life. But I feel sorta dirty. Don't worry, there will be Chargers emblems on the back.
              Please tell me you did not buy that?

If you really have to have a Ford Bronco, at least have the good sense to lease it.

At least when the lease is done, you can run away with no problems.
              sigpic

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                20190830_174217.jpg 20190830_174217.jpg

Yellow cars of the world unite!!! The Porsche looks great in yellow by the way.

I found this 2003 C5 Z06 in 2019, with 5k miles. It was in a collection, stored indoors and (obviously) hardly ever driven - it was for all intents and purposes brand new. I wasn't 100% sold on the color when I bought it but it's grown on me (a lot). If you're driving in the mountains above Palm Springs - keep an eye out, I'm not hard to spot . . . . . . . . . . . . Due to gas prices it's been relegated to a 'Sunday' car, but still a whole lot of fun !!!!!!!

There's something very satisfying about the older sports cars, without all of the over the top tech in the newer cars. This has all of the things you need to drive it hard and survive; Low CG, big (wide) tires, manual trans, ABS, basic traction control, air bags, but none of the over the top refinements incorporated into todays sportscars. It's a throwback car - designed to be hammered, not finessed, and it requires that you pay attention and actually f..king drive it . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think I've turned the radio on maybe 5 times (in 5 years) . . . . . . . . . . . It now has 27k on the clock - I'm planning on being buried in it . . . . . . . . .
                Attached Files

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

My ride
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                    My ride
                    Oh no you didn't . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saw one in the wild up at North City (San Marcos) about a month ago. It was parked on North City Drive. It was hilarious - once the word got out it was there the car was essentially mobbed. Restaurant patrons, office workers, residents, you name it came pouring out of the neighboring buildings to see it up close, taking selfies with it - you name it. It was a carnival for 10 minutes or so. Driver / Owner nowhere to be found . . . . . . . . . . . probably in hiding.

Biggest damn windshield wiper I've ever seen . . . . . . .

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

20190830_174217.jpg 20190830_174217.jpg

Yellow cars of the world unite!!! The Porsche looks great in yellow by the way.

I found this 2003 C5 Z06 in 2019, with 5k miles. It was in a collection, stored indoors and (obviously) hardly ever driven - it was for all intents and purposes brand new. I wasn't 100% sold on the color when I bought it but it's grown on me (a lot). If you're driving in the mountains above Palm Springs - keep an eye out, I'm not hard to spot . . . . . . . . . . . . Due to gas prices it's been relegated to a 'Sunday' car, but still a whole lot of fun !!!!!!!

There's something very satisfying about the older sports cars, without all of the over the top tech in the newer cars. This has all of the things you need to drive it hard and survive; Low CG, big (wide) tires, manual trans, ABS, basic traction control, air bags, but none of the over the top refinements incorporated into todays sportscars. It's a throwback car - designed to be hammered, not finessed, and it requires that you pay attention and actually f..king drive it . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think I've turned the radio on maybe 5 times (in 5 years) . . . . . . . . . . . It now has 27k on the clock - I'm planning on being buried in it . . . . . . . . .
                      Yellow cars are awesome. Here is my 68' Charger R/T 440 4spd pistol grip.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Oh no you didn't . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saw one in the wild up at North City (San Marcos) about a month ago. It was parked on North City Drive. It was hilarious - once the word got out it was there the car was essentially mobbed. Restaurant patrons, office workers, residents, you name it came pouring out of the neighboring buildings to see it up close, taking selfies with it - you name it. It was a carnival for 10 minutes or so. Driver / Owner nowhere to be found . . . . . . . . . . . probably in hiding.

Biggest damn windshield wiper I've ever seen . . . . . . .
                        Yup. It attracts a mob everywhere. Surprisingly, most have no idea what it is or what company makes it. I’ve had it 2 weeks and it was the 1,528th one made.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yup. It attracts a mob everywhere. Surprisingly, most have no idea what it is or what company makes it. I’ve had it 2 weeks and it was the 1,528th one made.
                          Did you have to remodel your garage to fit it?

Comment

Working...
                          X