Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
    I'm not saying we should give up on our running game, but let's not use it to try to suck time off the clock. (It's been a losing strategy every week).
    It wasn't a losing strategy this week, and this is the first week I've seen us actually use the running game to control TOP. Every other week so far it has seemed we are Running the ball to try and remain balanced, this week we ran the ball to control the flow of the game. The problem came in the second half when DEN just loaded 8-9 in the box and we continues to run it up the middle for predictable results, I think this is were a lot of us get frustrated at the coaching staff. What was working in the first half wasn't working in the second half but they continue to do the same thing without making any adjustments. Watching our first 2 drives was awesome though, and reminded me of MM's first year here. I believe they said that the first drive was our longest all year and the second was the longest in the NFL all year.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

There are a lot of obvious reasons why they ran the ball. The score, the principle, the balance etc..

There are few more reasons that are often overlooked. Like the fact that it was against a DEN Wade Phillips defense.

Like every Wade Phillips defenses, DEN defense is all about defending the pass and attacking the QB, especially from outside edges. So you run inside to counter that a bit.

And Wade Phillips always make adjustment, especially after half-time. He would always came up with something to sack the QBs.

If there is a what you can called "weakness" in Wade Phillips defense, it's the run defense.

We did try to pass some in the 2nd half and the 4th quarter, and it wasn't pretty at all. Phillips clearly made some great adjustment in last night game.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 10-14-2016, 07:40 AM.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• FiftyFive
        Dean Spanos is a traitor!
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        Just what would have been a "convincing" win?
        One in which the team actually showed up to play in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. Yes, we won, but you can't tell me it wasn't the same exact routine we've seen all season. And for every one fluky win we get from playing like this, we lose a ton of games as a result of packing it in at halftime.

Comment

That was the Broncos last night? I thought it was the Denver Cheetos.

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
            One in which the team actually showed up to play in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. Yes, we won, but you can't tell me it wasn't the same exact routine we've seen all season. And for every one fluky win we get from playing like this, we lose a ton of games as a result of packing it in at halftime.
            So the win was "unconvincing" and "fluky"? I'll agree the coaching has been bad, but aside from special teams the team executed pretty well and didn't implode after the special teams fuck ups. The D stood strong and forced a FG after Benjamin screwed up (bad coaching decision, he shouldn't have been in there). The playcalling went conservative as usual in the 4th, but this time they executed enough (and the punter did his job) to eat the clock. Again, Denver is a good football team and went out and took that game from them. There was nothing fluky about it and if that leaves you unconvinced in some way, so be it. Its not like anybody here was predicting a season of dominance.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

They really showed up last night. If they could bring that intensity to all our Division games, they could really do some damage.

#mcsuckhastogothough
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X