• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

2 good work horse signings. As an old grissled Outside 3rd Tackle myself, I really like this move. We can still draft Bowers to split out and have our Winslow, Sr and Sievers. Now BRING BACK THOSE UNIES!! Have I said that before? I've probably said that before.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
      Nooo that means Brock Bowers is officially off the list. The Joe Alt rumors at the combine could true if JH doesnt want passing weapon like many here are expecting
      Why would it mean that? We signed a blocking TE, means we need a TE1. Seems Bowers is more in play if anything. Had we signed Fant, I might agree.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

One big thing I like about Greg Roman is that he is not trying to score on every play. Roman knows there is an advantage of calling plays to set things up later. So, early in a game, he isn't trying to necessarily force the ball deep. A lot of times, he is just calling boring, but steady stuff to build momentum, and start wearing down the other team. Dissly fits it because he can force pass rushers to get tired by having to fight off his blocks and then he can also catch boring little checkdown passes and rumble, bumble, stumble for 5+ yards. Keep us ahead of the chains and help us wear down defenses.

Along that line, I don't think we will rule out a pass catching TE. Roman's offenses have often thrown a lot of passes to the TE, and he didn't always have the best TE to throw to. Herbert is a much better QB than anyone that Harbaugh or Roman has had. It is stupid to not throw the ball a fair amount. Unless they have a super secret recipe to fix really terrible D, they are going to need to. They are just looking for more balance. Any TE we get is going to have to be able to block, but it doesn't mean we aren't going to throw it to them.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          One big thing I like about Greg Roman is that he is not trying to score on every play. Roman knows there is an advantage of calling plays to set things up later. So, early in a game, he isn't trying to necessarily force the ball deep. A lot of times, he is just calling boring, but steady stuff to build momentum, and start wearing down the other team. Dissly fits it because he can force pass rushers to get tired by having to fight off his blocks and then he can also catch boring little checkdown passes and rumble, bumble, stumble for 5+ yards. Keep us ahead of the chains and help us wear down defenses.

Along that line, I don't think we will rule out a pass catching TE. Roman's offenses have often thrown a lot of passes to the TE, and he didn't always have the best TE to throw to. Herbert is a much better QB than anyone that Harbaugh or Roman has had. It is stupid to not throw the ball a fair amount. Unless they have a super secret recipe to fix really terrible D, they are going to need to. They are just looking for more balance. Any TE we get is going to have to be able to block, but it doesn't mean we aren't going to throw it to them.
          I don't know if the signing of Dissly means the Bolts have no interest in drafting Ben Sinnot, but I hope not.

Originally posted by Walter_Football
          3. Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
          Height: 6-4. Weight: 254.
          Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
          Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

2/24/24: Team sources have called Sinnott a solid, draftable prospect, and he had a quality week of practice at the Senior Bowl. In 2023, he notched 49 receptions for 676 yards and six touchdowns. In 2022, he turned 31 catches into 447 yards and four scores. Sinnott is a tough player with the ability to contribute in both phases.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
            2 good work horse signings. As an old grissled Outside 3rd Tackle myself, I really like this move. We can still draft Bowers to split out and have our Winslow, Sr and Sievers. Now BRING BACK THOSE UNIES!! Have I said that before? I've probably said that before.
            Harry Potter No GIF
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Respect from a 'Hawks fan who is sorry to see Dissly go.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Now official:

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Dissly was brought in to knock Max Crosby on his tattooed ass.

Joe Alt is no longer a necessity and they can get their favorite receiver or Bowers with the 5th pick.

Harbaugh and Hortiz are so much smarter in engineering a team than the amateurs that ran this into the ground for years.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                    Dissly was brought in to knock Max Crosby on his tattooed ass.

Joe Alt is no longer a necessity and they can get their favorite receiver or Bowers with the 5th pick.

Harbaugh and Hortiz are so much smarter in engineering a team than the amateurs that ran this into the ground for years.
                    You might want to watch the Week 4 Raiders game. They were chipping Mad Maxx that game and Maxx still rag-dolled Herbert 2 times. Maybe a better idea is to knock Maxx Crosby's tatooed ass on the ground with Joe Alt... then let Dissly go kick the LB's ass.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You might want to watch the Week 4 Raiders game. They were chipping Mad Maxx that game and Maxx still rag-dolled Herbert 2 times. Maybe a better idea is to knock Maxx Crosby's tatooed ass on the ground with Joe Alt... then let Dissly go kick the LB's ass.
                      It’s a pretty big ass, should be plenty to go around.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

It’s a pretty big ass, should be plenty to go around.
                        Maxx is smaller than Dissly. If Herbert can't think of something to do with the ball while Maxx is running a fat obsticle course, he deserves to get hit.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Some probably don't know this-- Dissly played the D-line in his first two years of college at Washington.

This helps explain why there's nothing 'soft' about the way he plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X