images.jpg
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I posted about this on another thread, Joey didn't do shit until AFTER the chargers became cap compliant, okay? let's just be honest about this, this so called pay cut is nothing more than a "leveraged buyout" of the remaining 2 years of his contract, Hortiz masterfully did what he could by holding on to his selfish ass until the FA market had saturated itself a bit, Joey knew damn well he was better off taking the 15mil guaranteed base salary because with him hitting the market at that stage he wouldn't have gotten anything more than a shitty 1 year "prove it deal", now he gets his prove it deal at his 15mil guaranteed yearly salary and on a team that finally will have competent coaching AND he get's to be free in 2025 which is what he was really after...I think Joey decided to take a contract extension with the chargers because they made him one of the highest paid defenders in the NFL, totally undeserved and stupid fucking deal that reeked of old way of doing business by the organization...But Joey could give a fuck about this organization or the the team, that much has been obvious for some time, he's literally taken every opportunity to take time off with injuries that other highly paid guys understand that they have to play thru because of the money being paid to them...Joey's just been bidding his time, collecting his $, and waiting to move on somewhere else, now we know he wants to be in SF...

The other BIG thing that nobody seems to be talking about is that Joey basically made it almost impossible for the chargers to trade him...the way this restructure is set up it means that all the chargers get out of this is another year of Joey, that's it...nobody is going to trade for him knowing that both this year's 7mil 2024 roster bonus and next year's 8.46mil roster bonus are due on the first day of league business in 2025... Basically 16mil is due and nobody, NOBODY, is going to sign up to give Joey that money, so the only way that he get's trade is if some team sends very low compensation for Bosa just to have him for the second half of the season and a potential playoff run but then cut him before FA, which is the only thing that anyone will be able to do if they own his rights after the 2024 season ends...also part of this restructure means that if the Chargers flat out decide to cut him or trade him a huge cap hit accelerates on the 2024 cap, the best case scenario is trading Joey post June 1st the cap hit is almost 19mil with 8 mil in cap savings which makes no fucking sense, you basically get a shitty low round pick and a net loss of 11mil in cap space, so IMO Joey is a charger for ALL of 2024 regardless if his punk ass is eating sesame seeds in the sidelines yet again or if he's actually contributing on the field which is what Harbaugh and Hortiz are hoping that he FINALLY does...

I can't remember another charger player getting treated with kitty gloves like this in the past, and what the fuck has he done to even deserve the 5 star treatment? Joey has basically gotten everything he has every wanted and HIS way all the time that he has been a Charger and because of the fucked up contract that Hortiz inherited thanks to genius TT and Johnny, there wasn't much that Joe could do either, Hortiz get's a prove it year from Bosa for 7mil less than it would have otherwise cost, THAT'S IT, no compensatory picks or any type of draft compensation will come from the massive investment that has been made by the Spanos family on this player...we are just graced with his awesome presence for another year, YAY!

Hortiz created a situation where we got Joey's 'prove it' year with as little cost as possible. Joey has been maneuvered into a position where he'll be very highly motivated to play well and stay on the field in 2024 - because his next contract depends on it . . . . . . . . Talk about making chicken salad out of chicken shit . . . .

I don't believe for a second that Hortiz / Harbaugh / Minter wanted Joey long term - they made the best the could of the situation for 2024 and will gladly say 'see ya' in 2025 and draft his replacement.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I think the Bosa's are good business people, better than the Spanos.
        I don't expect any player to be generous, the deal works for him and apparently for Joe, good for them both.
        I stand by my opinion that Joey is misunderstood and gets too much criticism because he's an easy target.
        These so-called kiddy gloves are used only because it benefits the Chargers as well.
        I love Joey and think he fits the Harbaugh way but if he wasn't wearing bolts this season I wouldn't give 2 craps about him, maybe 1.

If Joey didn't want to work and be part of this team he could have easily pulled a Keenan Allen and no doubt catch all the heat that no one willing to throw at KA.

Chargers first.
        Misunderstood? He's not some tortured artist genius. Joey is an easy target because of what he does on and off the field. I also doubt anyone was gonna take on his contract like they did with Keenan and prove it deal would have been much less than $15mz.

but no mind. Everyone starts with a clean slate now, Joey included. Hope he has a stellar season

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I posted about this on another thread, Joey didn't do shit until AFTER the chargers became cap compliant, okay? let's just be honest about this, this so called pay cut is nothing more than a "leveraged buyout" of the remaining 2 years of his contract, Hortiz masterfully did what he could by holding on to his selfish ass until the FA market had saturated itself a bit, Joey knew damn well he was better off taking the 15mil guaranteed base salary because with him hitting the market at that stage he wouldn't have gotten anything more than a shitty 1 year "prove it deal", now he gets his prove it deal at his 15mil guaranteed yearly salary and on a team that finally will have competent coaching AND he get's to be free in 2025 which is what he was really after...I think Joey decided to take a contract extension with the chargers because they made him one of the highest paid defenders in the NFL, totally undeserved and stupid fucking deal that reeked of old way of doing business by the organization...But Joey could give a fuck about this organization or the the team, that much has been obvious for some time, he's literally taken every opportunity to take time off with injuries that other highly paid guys understand that they have to play thru because of the money being paid to them...Joey's just been bidding his time, collecting his $, and waiting to move on somewhere else, now we know he wants to be in SF...

The other BIG thing that nobody seems to be talking about is that Joey basically made it almost impossible for the chargers to trade him...the way this restructure is set up it means that all the chargers get out of this is another year of Joey, that's it...nobody is going to trade for him knowing that both this year's 7mil 2024 roster bonus and next year's 8.46mil roster bonus are due on the first day of league business in 2025... Basically 16mil is due and nobody, NOBODY, is going to sign up to give Joey that money, so the only way that he get's trade is if some team sends very low compensation for Bosa just to have him for the second half of the season and a potential playoff run but then cut him before FA, which is the only thing that anyone will be able to do if they own his rights after the 2024 season ends...also part of this restructure means that if the Chargers flat out decide to cut him or trade him a huge cap hit accelerates on the 2024 cap, the best case scenario is trading Joey post June 1st the cap hit is almost 19mil with 8 mil in cap savings which makes no fucking sense, you basically get a shitty low round pick and a net loss of 11mil in cap space, so IMO Joey is a charger for ALL of 2024 regardless if his punk ass is eating sesame seeds in the sidelines yet again or if he's actually contributing on the field which is what Harbaugh and Hortiz are hoping that he FINALLY does...

I can't remember another charger player getting treated with kitty gloves like this in the past, and what the fuck has he done to even deserve the 5 star treatment? Joey has basically gotten everything he has every wanted and HIS way all the time that he has been a Charger and because of the fucked up contract that Hortiz inherited thanks to genius TT and Johnny, there wasn't much that Joe could do either, Hortiz get's a prove it year from Bosa for 7mil less than it would have otherwise cost, THAT'S IT, no compensatory picks or any type of draft compensation will come from the massive investment that has been made by the Spanos family on this player...we are just graced with his awesome presence for another year, YAY!
          There is an awful lot of speculation in this post, based on nothing that I have heard leaked or even rumored about. Looking at the contract, it seems structured so that Bosa plays here this year and is released before the roster bonus next year. Same with Mack and the void year. The deal works quite well for the Chargers so I'm not sure how Bosa is being made out to be a selfish jerk with it.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Misunderstood? He's not some tortured artist genius. Joey is an easy target because of what he does on and off the field. I also doubt anyone was gonna take on his contract like they did with Keenan and prove it deal would have been much less than $15mz.

but no mind. Everyone starts with a clean slate now, Joey included. Hope he has a stellar season
            Absolutely.
            people lose their minds over a bowl of cereal.
            They want to see Ray Lewis-type of intensity when he's just not built that way and doesn't need to be to do his best.
            He is helplessly transparent and that feeds the haters.

His viral video smack-talking an Eagles fan when he made elitist and disgusting comments. Everyone rusjed to take the low-hanging fruit take without a balanced perspective.
            The simple explanation is that he's just a moron that got caught up with a troll who baited him easily---weve ALL been in this position, especially at his age. But critics were quick to cast the first stone.
            Yet some cupcake like Keenan Allen can pull antic time and again through social media and choose to leave his team and fanbase without so much as a thank-you and it's hands across Chargers county trying to come up with excuse after excuse for that brat.
            I have more respect for the moron who chose to stay over the softy diva wr who chose easy stats over legendary status and a true challenge to win the AFCW.

Bosa is absolutely is an artist, a beautiful passrush artist that is elite in technique and effectiveness WHEN HEALTHY and is our whipping boy to throw under PC bus when convenient.
            Easy pale target.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Absolutely.
              They want to see Ray Lewis-type of intensity when he's just not built that way and doesn't need to be to do his best.
              He is helplessly transparent and that feeds the haters.

His viral video smack-talking an Eagles fan when he made elitist and disgusting comments. Everyone rusjed to take the low-hanging fruit take without a balanced perspective.
              The simple explanation is that he's just a moron that got caught up with a troll who baited him easily---weve ALL been in this position, especially at his age. But critics were quick to cast the first stone.
              Yet some cupcake like Keenan Allen can pull antic time and again through social media and choose to leave his team and fanbase without so much as a thank-you and it's hands across Chargers county trying to come up with excuse after excuse for that brat.
              I have more respect for the moron who chose to stay over the softy diva wr who chose easy stats over legendary status and a true challenge to win the AFCW.

Bosa is absolutely is an artist, a beautiful passrush artist that is elite in technique and effectiveness WHEN HEALTHY and is our whipping boy to throw under PC bus when convenient.
              Easy pale target.
              We aren't all morons.

You need Keenan to give you a warm embrace.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We aren't all morons.

You need Keenan to give you a warm embrace.
                You're the only person I've ever met who hasn't said anything moronic in their life. Congrats.

Keenan would if I offered him $50
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

You're the only person I've ever met who hasn't said anything moronic in their life. Congrats.

Keenan would if I offered him $50
                  Thank you.🙏 It's not one thing with Joey. It's several things over the years. Helmet throwing, mental errors in key moments resulting in penalties, etc.

But like I said earlier, everybody's got a clean slate now. Hopefully, Harbaugh can get the best out of him and when he leaves after that to take more money and without a thank the fans post on IG I hope you will be ok

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Absolutely.
                    this! say whatever you want about injuries and offsides penalties, but leave the raisin bran alone.

Comment

• LarryAW
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Hmm 13 sacks huh? Could be a sleeper pick. A bit smaller frame at 6-1. Sort of like a Melvin Ingram type.
                      Does he have Melvin's T-Rex arms, too? Remember all the sacks and tackles Melvin "just" missed. That was the knock on him coming out of college and was very accurate from my perspective.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

Does he have Melvin's T-Rex arms, too? Remember all the sacks and tackles Melvin "just" missed. That was the knock on him coming out of college and was very accurate from my perspective.
                        Imagine if Ingram had 2 inch longer arms. That's an easy 3 sacks/fumbles per season increase.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

So.....did Bosa basically take a pay cut because he would have made less money if he got cut?

So.....did Bosa not get traded because no one was willing to trade for him? Definitely not the teams he wanted to go to anyway

So.....did Bosa not get cut because of his contract and the amount of dead money doings so would create?

So......did Keenan get traded basically because Bosa did not live up to his contract and Keenan was more attractive to other teams in a trade which in turn created a better cap situation moving on from Keenan than moving on from Bosa?

Everyone doing whats best for themselves but the root cause is Joey not living up to his fat contract
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X