• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    The thing I don’t get is that it’s a fourth now, but a year from now let him walk and he likely nets a 3rd or 4th round comp pick, but we don’t get that pick until 2026.
    For a 10 yr vet - max comp pick is a Rd5
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Adios, Keenan - Vaya con dios, amigo! thanks for all the years and memories …

Happy Keenan Allen GIF by Los Angeles Chargers
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I was in agreement and felt the same way about Ekeler. I wouldn't say I got blasted for it, but there were definitely many who were very emotionally against the idea. These moves actually should have been made last offseason, which is yet another example of why Telesco is no longer here.

Although of course I would have liked to receive more in return for Allen, this move makes me have more faith in Hortiz and Harbaugh. This is nothing against Allen personally. He was a great player for us. If he were 27 right now I would be all about having him on the team moving forward. Hortiz and Harbaugh have a plan, and I have complete faith in it.
        I was in the group that wanted to do this last year as well - meaning move on from Allen and trade Bosa. There was no way a GM on the hot seat and the coach on the hot seat were going to do that

I think this is the right move for the team moving forward - wish KA13 well. Had a very good career with the Chargers

Good move for both teams

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

For a 10 yr vet - max comp pick is a Rd5
          Thank you. Did not know that. Comp rules unnecessarily Comp(licated) if you ask me.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I was in the group that wanted to do this last year as well - meaning move on from Allen and trade Bosa. There was no way a GM on the hot seat and the coach on the hot seat were going to do that

I think this is the right move for the team moving forward - wish KA13 well. Had a very good career with the Chargers

Good move for both teams
            me too but then I fell back in love with KA after the Minnesota game.
            btw
            TOPCAT - has there ever been a MORE appropriate name than "Trader Joe"?
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
              Yup, this is tough. But when you don’t want to help the team with your contract, see ya!!!

In the end, as long as we have a qb, wr will flourish. And each year a new one will come, 7 on 7 is all how the kids start. So that’s life.
              part of me feels like this is also a cultural precedent.
              I guess Joe really DOES mean, "team first".
              it's also communicating to everyone on the team that no one is untouchable.
              Belichick became famous for his "year early vs year too late" philosophy.
              Trader Joe is establishing his legacy now for better or worse while he still has "new boss buy-in"
              If this move nets a positive, it will go a long way in his credibility
              if not, this could quickly talespin into bad internal mojo.
              ironic that it had to be Allen, the first great player drafted by the previous GM.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                It feels very shortsighted to trade away a highly liked charger like Kennan. It’s going to impact JHs comfort level this season as he gets used to a new offense and new receivers.

I also don’t like the “he didn’t take a pay cut” crap. I remember Harbaugh negotiating for more money for a long time, I don’t recall anyone expecting him to take less money. Allen had an amazing year in 23 and deserved the contract and to be a charger. Trading him for a 4th is the first bad move of the new regime imo.

The move reminds me of a new fancy highly paid manager expecting you to do something they wouldn’t do.It leaves a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

The FO better make some moves and win games or this will look really bad.
                I don't think this is a good comparison.
                Harbs is negotiating a new deal while KA is simply choosing to continue the deal he made with a previous regime.
                So as other have said, KA has all the right to refuse a paycut, but Hortiz has the right to ask him to take one because it doesn't fit for his
                plan and vision for team-building.
                Now I don't know if KA was clear about the consequences but he had to have known a trade is always possible.
                I suspect KA believed himself to be "untouchable" just because thats the dominant narrative and likely what he hears daily.

it's like when Charlie insisted he was captain but new HC O'Reily informed him, "I'll pick the captain around here".
                everything you need to know about the Chargers is all there in the Mighty Ducks 1-3.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I hope these guys know what the fuck they're doing. Merry Christmas, Caleb!

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

It's sad... but dont worry, its a clean up, we are getting a brand new big titties blonde...

Oh! and you can thank Telesco for the cap mess that is forcing us to do this...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

me too but then I fell back in love with KA after the Minnesota game.
                      btw
                      TOPCAT - has there ever been a MORE appropriate name than "Trader Joe"?
                      Hopefully, Trader Joe is an expert on *produce*.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I don't think this is a good comparison.
                        Harbs is negotiating a new deal while KA is simply choosing to continue the deal he made with a previous regime.
                        So as other have said, KA has all the right to refuse a paycut, but Hortiz has the right to ask him to take one because it doesn't fit for his
                        plan and vision for team-building.
                        Now I don't know if KA was clear about the consequences but he had to have known a trade is always possible.
                        I suspect KA believed himself to be "untouchable" just because thats the dominant narrative and likely what he hears daily.

it's like when Charlie insisted he was captain but new HC O'Reily informed him, "I'll pick the captain around here".
                        everything you need to know about the Chargers is all there in the Mighty Ducks 1-3.
                        No one said it isn’t fair. I just said the excuse that he didn’t want to take a pay cut so he’s not a team first Harbaugh guy, is hypocritical.

Harbaugh better win and win soon because if he gets rid of all of JH weapons and JH struggles with the new offense and connecting with his receivers, it’s gonna get ugly quickly.

Allen isn’t one of these speedsters, his game will translate for many more years. He’s Jerry rice esque in that he could play into his late 30s and still be effective as he proved still performing at a top level.

Anyway it’s done and we will see the results. I hope they’re good but this is the first move that screams, BAD CALL.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

No one said it isn’t fair. I just said the excuse that he didn’t want to take a pay cut so he’s not a team first Harbaugh guy, is hypocritical.

Harbaugh better win and win soon because if he gets rid of all of JH weapons and JH struggles with the new offense and connecting with his receivers, it’s gonna get ugly quickly.

Allen isn’t one of these speedsters, his game will translate for many more years. He’s Jerry rice esque in that he could play into his late 30s and still be effective as he proved still performing at a top level.

Anyway it’s done and we will see the results. I hope they’re good but this is the first move that screams, BAD CALL.
                          that's for sure.
                          results at the EOD.

Comment

Working...
                          X