• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Can't assess without knowing what they offered him. I suspect it was a lower number for the extension.
    I am sure it was a lower number this year, but with extra years tacked on. His perogative to not accept it. Kind of classless to still not have thanked the fans yet.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Can't assess without knowing what they offered him. I suspect it was a lower number for the extension.
      Unless is was a laughable lowball offer, KA had his chance to restructure/take a paycut or sign an extension.
      If being a Charger was a priority for him, he had plenty of opportunity.
      Joe tried, and that explains why he was so late to trade him.
      I suspect Joe's only mistake was being too generous to mr. Chargers legend and not setting a hard enough deadline.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I am already bored talking about Allen and looking forward to what our new roster looks like.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I am already bored talking about Allen and looking forward to what our new roster looks like.
            I wouldn’t mind talking about all he accomplished, and such, but I’m very bored with the “who is more wrong” in this thread. Ex-girlfriends angry he didnt appreciate her, and take her to that same fancy restaurant; Tut-tutting Couch-GMs asserting how stupidly Joe destroyed the roster in March and forever doomed the franchise, and of course the especially bright bulb that thinks we really should have traded Herbert instead.

yawn.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t mind talking about all he accomplished, and such, but I’m very bored with the “who is more wrong” in this thread. Ex-girlfriends angry he didnt appreciate her, and take her to that same fancy restaurant; Tut-tutting Couch-GMs asserting how stupidly Joe destroyed the roster in March and forever doomed the franchise, and of course the especially bright bulb that thinks we really should have traded Herbert instead.

yawn.
              Lance Alworth is the greatest wide receiver in Chargers history. If you want to describe them as weapons or pass-catchers I will rank Allen below Winslow and Gates. I don't think Allen is a Pro Football Hall of Famer, but he will be in ours one day.

If only we could have worked things out with Vincent Jackson. He had a wasted season in 2010 with his holdout against A.J. Smith. Then he had three very good years with the Buccaneers after leaving us. He wasn't as consistent as Allen but was more of a big-play threat. I always get angry when I think about his departure. He could have been one of our greats. I was devastated to hear about his tragic death.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Unless is was a laughable lowball offer, KA had his chance to restructure/take a paycut or sign an extension.
                If being a Charger was a priority for him, he had plenty of opportunity.
                Joe tried, and that explains why he was so late to trade him.
                I suspect Joe's only mistake was being too generous to mr. Chargers legend and not setting a hard enough deadline.
                Allen restructured last year. So quickly we forget…

this is getting ugly, now Allen’s agent is saying the never received those offers and they countered and didn’t hear a response.

Allen could have taken less money to stay but not one person here would take a pay cut at their job for their boss so stop acting holier than thou.

Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Lance Alworth is the greatest wide receiver in Chargers history. If you want to describe them as weapons or pass-catchers I will rank Allen below Winslow and Gates. I don't think Allen is a Pro Football Hall of Famer, but he will be in ours one day.

If only we could have worked things out with Vincent Jackson. He had a wasted season in 2010 with his holdout against A.J. Smith. Then he had three very good years with the Buccaneers after leaving us. He wasn't as consistent as Allen but was more of a big-play threat. I always get angry when I think about his departure. He could have been one of our greats. I was devastated to hear about his tragic death.
                  We can debate all day if he’s in this or that HOF but he was without a doubt the best weapon for JH left on this team.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

We can debate all day if he’s in this or that HOF but he was without a doubt the best weapon for JH left on this team.
                    Lol. I was trying to steer the conversation in a more positive direction. Never mind.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

yawn.
                      Didn’t hear you calling people couch GMs when the fire Staley and TT annd all the other coach critism was going on. Oh yeah fans get to criticize their coaches and GMs for bad moves. If you don’t like it I’m sure there is a thread for you to read somewhere in this awesome forum fleet built instead of yelling at the kids to get off your lawn.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Lol. I was trying to steer the conversation in a more positive direction. Never mind.
                        No Way Sport GIF by Paris Saint-Germain Handball

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Leaving Go Away GIF by Hunter Preston

Comment

Working...
                          X