• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Allen restructured last year. So quickly we forget…

this is getting ugly, now Allen’s agent is saying the never received those offers and they countered and didn’t hear a response.

Allen could have taken less money to stay but not one person here would take a pay cut at their job for their boss so stop acting holier than thou.

Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons
    They (Hortiz and Harbaugh) have a different vision for the team. We'll see how it pans out. Keenan can still play at the highest level and we'll miss him. I liked watching him play and there were games during his career that I thought he was actually uncoverable. His moves were that good. The game against MN last season should be in the time capsule. One of the more dominant WR games I've ever seen.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They (Hortiz and Harbaugh) have a different vision for the team. We'll see how it pans out. Keenan can still play at the highest level and we'll miss him. I liked watching him play and there were games during his career that I thought he was actually uncoverable. His moves were that good. The game against MN last season should be in the time capsule. One of the more dominant WR games I've ever seen.
      Yep, that’s the point. This team is worse now than it was with Allen on it. I HATE to see Herbert’s prime wasted on rookie WRs and cast offs.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

this is getting ugly, now Allen’s agent is saying the never received those offers and they countered and didn’t hear a response.

Allen could have taken less money to stay but not one person here would take a pay cut at their job for their boss so stop acting holier than thou.

Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons
        It's just a bad comparison in so many ways..

And if I were smarter I would have realized several exchanges ago that you're not actually interested in a discussion, instead, just a platform to criticize anyone who dare suggest KA was at any fault.
        I'm not wrong but I did lose the "waste of my fucking time" game. Congrats.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Yep, that’s the point. This team is worse now than it was with Allen on it. I HATE to see Herbert’s prime wasted on rookie WRs and cast offs.
          I agree. On March 21, 2024 it is likely worse. But there's time to add a bona fide weapon before September so Herbert's prime isn't wasted. We can hope

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            D. Adams took 3 seasons to break the 500 yards mark.
            Are you, at least, ready to give QJ another season ?
            No.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

So our GM, who is in the business of being a straight shooter with ALL players, says he has great respect for Keenan Allen.

Keenan Allen's agent, who is in the sometimes slimey business of representing the interests of clients, calls our GM a liar.

I will take Hortiz here.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                So our GM, who is in the business of being a straight shooter with ALL players, says he has great respect for Keenan Allen.

Keenan Allen's agent, who is in the sometimes slimey business of representing the interests of clients, calls our GM a liar.

I will take Hortiz here.

OR
                So our GM, new to the franchise, who just traded one of the team's top players and #2 all time receiver in records, tries to mollify the fan base by saying he tried to keep him.

that player's agent, who was on the other side of the conversation, says his counter was met with no response and a trade,

Sounds like Joby asked for something that Hortiz felt left them too far apart and just moved him.

It's liar's month right?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

OR
                  So our GM, new to the franchise, who just traded one of the team's top players and #2 all time receiver in records, tries to mollify the fan base by saying he tried to keep him.

that player's agent, who was on the other side of the conversation, says his counter was met with no response and a trade,

Sounds like Joby asked for something that Hortiz felt left them too far apart and just moved him.

It's liar's month right?
                  The agent made it sound like Hortiz was unreasonable and deceitful.

I suspect Hortiz was VERY straightforward, including that a deal needed to be done promptly.

The rest sounds like semantics.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

[/IMG2]
                    You make it sound like his restructure hurt him financially. It just converted a big chunk of his 2023 salary into bonus money, meaning he got it sooner than he would have. He literally benefited from the restructure, not made some noble sacrifice. Allen is certainly within his right to refuse to renegotiate his contract, but both Mack and Bosa did (Bosa for the second year in a row). They want to be here, Allen chose not to, so he can uproot his family and enjoy the lovely Chicago weather playing for a rookie QB. Just a hunch that his stats will be nowhere close to what they were this year as he heads into free agency after the season.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You make it sound like his restructure hurt him financially. It just converted a big chunk of his 2023 salary into bonus money, meaning he got it sooner than he would have. He literally benefited from the restructure, not made some noble sacrifice. Allen is certainly within his right to refuse to renegotiate his contract, but both Mack and Bosa did (Bosa for the second year in a row). They want to be here, Allen chose not to, so he can uproot his family and enjoy the lovely Chicago weather playing for a rookie QB. Just a hunch that his stats will be nowhere close to what they were this year as he heads into free agency after the season.
                      He didn’t need to restructure last year. It was a team friendly thing to do and he did it. Guess what the H&H regime could have done? The same thing and Allen would have helped, but he’s not taking a pay cut after his best season ever. Imagine being at a company that overspent and you just had the best year of your life making money for them, then they ask you to take a pay cut. You tell them to kick rocks. They can fire you but then they will have to rebuild and that’s what we’re looking at here kids.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

The agent made it sound like Hortiz was unreasonable and deceitful.

I suspect Hortiz was VERY straightforward, including that a deal needed to be done promptly.

The rest sounds like semantics.
                        Hortiz was the first one to try to lay blame on Allen so I’m not so sure that’s strait forward or trustworthy. Hotiz could have just shut his mouth but then he got called out by the agent for twisting words. Not a good start for a rookie GM…

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I will take Hortiz here.

How do you know that? He’s brand new as a GM and could be the most sneaky and unreliable GM ever. You’re taking the side of a GM who has been here for a few months over a charger great who has been with the team their whole career… fickle fickle fans.

Comment

Working...
                          X