Quentin Johnston is NOT a bust: Here's why....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuiteFrankly
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Harbaugh remembers him, kid tore his Wolverines apart.
    cmon obviously we all thought the same thing...I guess college is not the same as pro? As proven by about a million guys.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

cmon obviously we all thought the same thing...I guess college is not the same as pro? As proven by about a million guys.
      Too true.

Jeez I hope all the young guys TT drafted we’re stuck with aren’t Pee Wee players…

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        would rather buy Herbie more time rather than add another WR per se.... am content to wait 'til day three to find WR4/5
        He shouldn't need more time. Most top QBs get the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less. Herby isn't all that much slower.
        Now that the top 2 receivers that he's had in recent years are gone, I think we need to make an effort to draft a replacement or two.
        My draft would be one of MHJ, Bowers, Odunze, Nabers at 5, C at 37.
        IMO Moore screwed the pooch making O calls and not having his players familiar with what he needed and expected.Salyer was surprisingly good at LT for Lombardi. Shockingly bad at RG for Moore. Likewise Johnson took a dive when moved from RG to LG. Linsley went from hero to zero with a heart condition. Pipkins was OK. The TE adds can help a lot. Our auxilliary blocks by TE, RBs were practically non existent.
        We can do a lot better IMO with Slater,Johnson, newby, Salyer, Pipkins and new coaches.
        Roman & Devlin need to look through our OL depth and see if they like a day 3 OL better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

As i recall most WR it takes 3 years till they hit their stride. Takes time for most to adjust to the speed, the complexity and how to counter nfl quality DBs. Im not saying QJ is a guarantee but imo to judge his career on 1 year would be shortsighted. He needs work but hes got physical tools that if he takes the next step forward could make him a very good wr. I think there have been too many exceptional wr that arent the norm that weve seen of late that were put in the perfect system that put up abnormally good numbers. Give QJ more coaching and reps and I expect improvement this year.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            As i recall most WR it takes 3 years till they hit their stride. Takes time for most to adjust to the speed, the complexity and how to counter nfl quality DBs. Im not saying QJ is a guarantee but imo to judge his career on 1 year would be shortsighted. He needs work but hes got physical tools that if he takes the next step forward could make him a very good wr. I think there have been too many exceptional wr that arent the norm that weve seen of late that were put in the perfect system that put up abnormally good numbers. Give QJ more coaching and reps and I expect improvement this year.
            bolded is mostly a myth, as yes.... most receivers are better in year 3 than in their rookie debut, and.... most solid receivers have a solid rookie year numbers wise and otherwise.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

My my my my my my name name name name is is
              Quentin.
              i i i i i drop drop drop the fffffffootballs....

download.jpg
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                My my my my my my name name name name is is
                Quentin.
                i i i i i drop drop drop the fffffffootballs....

download.jpg
                You will not drop the football.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Somebody called him clunky. That’s what I saw. He looked hopelessly uncoordinated. Like Forest Gump running routes.

The polar opposite of MW and KA.

Can you teach coordination? I seriously doubt it. Maybe QJ miraculously turns it around and becomes a #1 receiver but after what we saw last year, they need insurance which means drafting a true #1 this year.

If you do that, best case, we have a great receiving core. But if QJ doesn’t make a huge leap and they don’t secure a genuine #1…..Herbert is screwed.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

He showed some of the worst hands I've ever seen.

If a guy can't catch the ball he better have some rare big play gamebreaking traits to make up for it. TO struggled to catch the ball and was generally good for 1 drop per game, but he made up for it by his ability to leave defenders in the dust & make big plays.

Unfortunately, QJ also showed some of the worst route running you'll see. He's a long strider that doesn't break well and gets thrown off his route easily by Dbs.

Based on last year he looks like an UDFA type just trying to make the team. If Keelan Doss had taken every snap QJ did do you'll think the results would be any worse?

The only good thing he has going for him is it looks like lack of confidence was having an outsized effect on all aspects of his performance including movement ability, so if he turns that around maybe there's still a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X