• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jox g
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    My heart is broken with this Keenan Allen trade and my emotions make me want to make the first thread of this kind of the regime.

This is officially the end of the honeymoon period.

He should have been a lifer, was about to set franchise records, Only free agent leftovers, already had cap space, Herbert has no weapons, they want to make him a game manager.......
    Like most of us here, I was devastated too. However, we are SD/LA Charger fans, not just LA Keenan Allen fans. We are feeling emotional. Best decisions are not ruled by emotions. They are ruled by principle, logic.
    They asked Bosa for a restructure. He said yes. They asked Mack to restructure. He said yes. They asked KA. He said "No." Gotta do what's best for the 53. At least they got a 4th for him rather than just cutting him. (Plus QJ had a better rookie year than Mike Dub when you compare numbers). Also, we have more money to sign more players (Mike Williams or other WR + free agents rather than just one KA.) Let's give them a chance. They know what they're doing more than we do. Plus, BALT with Hortiz has won more SB than the Spanoses.

Comment

• BadMoonRising
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2024
      • Send PM

You have to assume, Keenan wanted be traded after their contract discussions.
      It was a dumb move, this smells of an emotional one on both sides to me.

Also means you can pencil in a WR at 5, as well as a second one later in the draft.
      Harbaugh knows this draft class better than any GM.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Misplaced anger. Remember who is Batman and who is Robin right now. You are firing the wrong guy.

I figured we would love Harbaugh and Hortiz until they did one thing us board 'experts' did not like. I bet some will want to fire Herbert the strength guy if a player gets injured on a tackle.

First roster not even set. First draft not completed. First game not played, heck haven't even had a practice or an OTA. Fire the GM and HC?

Of course this whole thread is a prank, right?

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BadMoonRising View Post

Also means you can pencil in a WR at 5, as well as a second one later in the draft.
          Harbaugh looking at this class of receivers this year!

Dogs Puppy GIF by Sam & Ash, LLP
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BadMoonRising View Post

I agree with your points here. Maybe KA got stubborn and refused a pay cut. Emotion. But if the Chargers go onto win a Super Bowl, or multiple, while he is still playing, and he never gets a ring in Chicago or wherever, he may regret the decision.

I agree the first pick will be a WR, and I also agree it's very possible they could draft a second one later in the draft, as you note, Harbaugh knows this draft class better than any other HC in the league right now.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Misplaced anger. Remember who is Batman and who is Robin right now. You are firing the wrong guy.

I figured we would love Harbaugh and Hortiz until they did one thing us board 'experts' did not like. I bet some will want to fire Herbert the strength guy if a player gets injured on a tackle.

First roster not even set. First draft not completed. First game not played, heck haven't even had a practice or an OTA. Fire the GM and HC?

Of course this whole thread is a prank, right?

TG
              It's the first time I haven't been all on board with the regime and it's upsetting and frustrating and emotional. I am not happy.

Yeah I think the whole not taking a pay cut so we trade you scenario that seemed to happen is a bit of something that doesn't sit well with me.

I don't think Keenan wanted this, I think they called his bluff, that he thought they would never trade him after they already got the cap relief. He had talked of wanting to retire hear and set the records. I think it is nearly disrespectful to get rid of him for a 4th rounder because you can't agree on some minimal cap savings restructure or paycut. Dude is clearly still ELITE from what I saw last year. I have seen Justin struggle when he is missing Keenan. Hell Keenan probably was willing to do something with his contract but not what they wanted.

I think Keenan is upset and we did a legend wrong. I think Herbert is upset. I guess what the fuck we paid you already so who cares if your happy.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

GIcVaVFXgAA2hUF.jpg
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

F around and...

FIND OUT.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jox g
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Vikings traded to get the #23 AND keep #11 in the 1st round.

Trade those to the Chargers and MORE for Justin Herbert? Bolts draft JJ McCarthey #11, a Stud at #23 (Kris Jenkins). Get an extra 3rd round pick too? Draft CB Sainstril from Michigan? Saves tons of $$$. Can add MORE FA's. Just win baby.

Run 1st, game manage, smashmouth Defense, just win style.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Trade those to the Chargers and MORE for Justin Herbert? Bolts draft JJ McCarthey #11, a Stud at #23 (Kris Jenkins). Get an extra 3rd round pick too? Draft CB Sainstril from Michigan? Saves tons of $$$. Can add MORE FA's. Just win baby.

That would definitely fuel the "fire these men" fire that has started to burn!
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

WHAT?! Trade Justin for a worse swap of 1sts, #23, and an extra 3rd? Is that worth it for a franchise QB with this talent and records? MAYBE if we kept our 1st as well as get their 1st plus the other 2 picks.

Comment

• jox g
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

WHAT?! Trade Justin for a worse swap of 1sts, #23, and an extra 3rd? Is that worth it for a franchise QB with this talent and records? MAYBE if we kept our 1st as well as get their 1st plus the other 2 picks.
                          Right, I didn't mean to swap our pick out at all. My bad. Keep our pick at #5 I forgot to say. There's where you draft JJMcarthy. Maybe that's why Harbaugh was saying JJM should be the #1 QB picked (to justify the pick at #5)

Comment

Working...
                          X