• Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Hortiz, His way or the Highway. Hortiz=HHH
    Get used to it boys and girls.

Sorry to see Allen go. Just wish they would have gotten better than a 4th rounder for him.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
      Hortiz, His way or the Highway. Hortiz=HHH
      Get used to it boys and girls.

Sorry to see Allen go. Just wish they would have gotten better than a 4th rounder for him.
      32 year old with 34 million dollar cap hit. You don't get higher picks from a team that has to take that on unfortunately

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        I am on Keenan's side in this, didn't need to happen
        Then you'll die in that ditch.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Then you'll die in that ditch.
          Lets see if this cap savings and 4th round draft choice really make the difference. I don't see how this makes us better at all
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

32 year old with 34 million dollar cap hit. You don't get higher picks from a team that has to take that on unfortunately
            Keenan is paid much less that the TOP WR in this league even though it's a pretty good argument he is a top 5 WR who just had his most productive year. Top 5 WR coming off their most productive year shouldn't be asked to take paycuts or be traded in this teams situation. Just because Harbaugh won in SF doesn't mean I will swallow this shit and like it and say its for the best.

He was a value. Bears fleeced us. They care about their QB having someone to throw to

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Lets see if this cap savings and 4th round draft choice really make the difference. I don't see how this makes us better at all
              They needed the cap space; just because they managed to get compliant doesn't mean it was ideal for what they are trying to do. The draft choice was compensation...he was probably going to be cut. So at least they got something.

As for "making us better", well, unless you really expected the team to compete for the Super Bowl in '24 (I don't) then this is more of a medium-to-long-term (2 year) move. Plus, if the info that's been circulating is true, and he really did refuse to take a pay cut or restructure, then by digging his heels in he sealed his own fate. The message is: If you're not willing to put the team before your own interests, then maybe it's time for a change of scenery. The guy will be 32 before the season starts and he has a history of missing time, as well.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

image.jpg

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

His 11.6M dead cap stays with us. So they get him for about $23M cap hit, not $34M.
                  He caught 108 passes last year. No signs of slowing down with the style he plays. He's not catching 108 with Chicago.
                  But that's because Herbert won't be his Qb. He's still going to put up good numbers for Chicago. They got a bargin
                  for a 4th rounder. Understand this is a move Hortiz wanted to make in order to free up more money. Let's see what
                  he does with it. So far it's our loss and Chicago who gains.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

I don't believe that social media noise.

I think they probably asked him to take a pay cut and he was like I thought yall wanted to talk extension.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                      I never heard about the offer to extend him.
                      is this a fact?
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Keenan is paid much less that the TOP WR in this league even though it's a pretty good argument he is a top 5 WR who just had his most productive year. Top 5 WR coming off their most productive year shouldn't be asked to take paycuts or be traded in this teams situation. Just because Harbaugh won in SF doesn't mean I will swallow this shit and like it and say its for the best.

He was a value. Bears fleeced us. They care about their QB having someone to throw to
                        If we draft Nabers or Odunze, both will be faster, better, more complete WR1 's than Keenan, and for years to come.

Good management has to manage the overall roster and they have to look forward not back. I doubt Keenan's best years are ahead of him.

And most of all TEAM will be the concept here under Harbaugh more now than anything else. If Keenan really bought in and wanted to be here he would have worked with the team the way Mack and Bosa did. He still would have made millions and millions of dollars. He put himself and his money first, which he is entitled to do, but the Chargers acted accordingly given the cap mess they inherited. Maybe Keenan wants a fresh start somewhere else more than he has let on.

When the new culture and team Harbaugh is building starts actually being a winning football team that isn't laughed at for "Chargering" around the NFL I wonder if you will still be crying for Hortiz and Harbaugh to be fired

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

We're wasting a ton of bandwidth discussing a member of the Chicago Bears.

Comment

Working...
                          X