• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BadMoonRising
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2024
    • Send PM

I assume anyone trading Justin, for another QB other than one named Patrick, is being silly.
    Minnesota, Denver, Seattle right now will give up a king ransom for the 5th pick,

Seattle, has some trade value as well as picks that are with in reason.

Comment

• Geezbolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Sun Valley, ID
      • Send PM

I agree with not merging this thread. It's hilarious! I sure hope there are no short piers close by for some of our posters to take a long walk on . Those of us old enough to remember lived through Lance Alworth being traded to the Cowboys. Admittedly, he was not coming off of his best season, but nonetheless, he was a Charger legend.
      I think H&H know what they're doing and if it takes a couple of seasons to implement their plan, then so be it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Need to shut this thread down

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
          Vikings traded to get the #23 AND keep #11 in the 1st round.

Trade those to the Chargers and MORE for Justin Herbert? Bolts draft JJ McCarthey #11, a Stud at #23 (Kris Jenkins). Get an extra 3rd round pick too? Draft CB Sainstril from Michigan? Saves tons of $$$. Can add MORE FA's. Just win baby.

Run 1st, game manage, smashmouth Defense, just win style.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            My heart is broken with this Keenan Allen trade and my emotions make me want to make the first thread of this kind of the regime.

This is officially the end of the honeymoon period.

He should have been a lifer, was about to set franchise records, Only free agent leftovers, already had cap space, Herbert has no weapons, they want to make him a game manager.......
            What an absolutely ridiculous thread to start.

Harbaugh was brought in to change a roster that hasn't won a division title in 15 years. That involves CHANGE.

The players in the big 4 that wanted to stay in LA, chose to work with the Chargers and stay. Keenan refused to work with the Chargers on a contract and cap hit that made sense for the team. He wanted his money above all and obviously he wanted a change of scenery.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

What an absolutely ridiculous thread to start.

Harbaugh was brought in to change a roster that hasn't won a division title in 15 years. That involves CHANGE.

The players in the big 4 that wanted to stay in LA, chose to work with the Chargers and stay. Keenan refused to work with the Chargers on a contract and cap hit that made sense for the team. He wanted his money above all and obviously he wanted a change of scenery.
              Moral of the story: Maybe KA wasn't "all in" with what H&H wanted to do here. Digging one's heels in over money sounds more selfish than anything. Maybe buying in to the CULTURE change requires a more flexible mindset.

Can there be any doubt now that H&H are BUILDING a new team in their own image?

And I agree: This thread should never have been started.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I was listening to an interview with Mike Sainrisil, Michigan slot CB.
                one thing that stuck out was how many times he kept saying, "I'm a team first guy, I'm a team first guy"
                Jim and Joe are NOT just speaking words...
                They literally mean what they say
                Team before anyone
                Even Joey understands now
                we are truly blessed to see a REAL change, which is rare in a sports world of cliche front office talk.

Something special is happening.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Some fans really thought that the Chargers were going to be able to clear the cap log jam with two restructures and no pain. Sorry. That's what happens when the previous regime is driven into cap desperation. When you're in the situation Telesco left us in, a painful move WILL be made at some point. And it's better to not put it off and off and off with restructures.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
                    Some fans really thought that the Chargers were going to be able to clear the cap log jam with two restructures and no pain. Sorry. That's what happens when the previous regime is driven into cap desperation. When you're in the situation Telesco left us in, a painful move WILL be made at some point. And it's better to not put it off and off and off with restructures.
                    But we DID clear the cap with 2 major restructures and a few smaller moves leading up to 1pm Wednesday.
                    I'm feeling better about it now but the Allen thing has nothing to do with being cap compliant
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

But we DID clear the cap with 2 major restructures and a few smaller moves leading up to 1pm Wednesday.
                      I'm feeling better about it now but the Allen thing has nothing to do with being cap compliant
                      We did not SOLVE the cap problems by restructuring Mack and Bosa, we delayed them. There is more to year over year football team management than being cap compliant on Wednesday.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • victoria b.c.
                        • Send PM

Change is scary !!!!
                        Harbaugh will build a younger ,faster ,tougher team
                        Trust the process !!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Not the whole players are evil for wanting to get paid fan stance rearing it's ugly face.

The new extremely highly paid boss (they paid the last boss peanuts) comes in and tells you, their most productive employee, that you need to take a paycut for the organization. Fall on the sword, be a team player, take the home town discount. I dislike when fans expect players to take less money and judge them for it. The loyalty expected from people who are just doing a job they get paid for is naive and ridiculous.

Maybe they were unreasonable in what they expected him to get cut from his pay, the sole argument to cut his pay is his age IMO, they knew how old he was going to get and how much the pay was before. There was no dire need of saying we need you to give us some room so we can do X or get Y.....cap space was cleared. This trade nukes the cap issues, we have the 10th most cap space in the league now.

Hay keenan take this pay cut so we can go bargain shopping....I am on Keenan's side in this, didn't need to happen
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X