How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

for what its worth, pretty much all the mock draft currently have MHJr going to Arizona,
    and the Chargers trading back.
    Eh, that’s cuz it’s what they think most teams would do in our position. They aren’t factoring in the Horitz.
    😎

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

for what its worth, pretty much all the mock draft currently have MHJr going to Arizona,
      and the Chargers trading back.
      Disagree, I've seen 50/50 split in mocks in whether AZ takes MHJr or trades down. For what it's worth.

We'll find out soon!
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Chargerville
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

For the Cardinals, who are in need of a receiver arguably more than the Chargers, not taking MHJ imo makes no sense, considering they lost Hollywood Brown, they have a high price tag QB, they already have 2 first round picks, and considering the fact that they can have the receiver that many experts are calling one of the best receiver prospects in the last 20 years locked on a rookie deal.

Minnesota trading with the Cardinals make less sense to me than Minnesota trading with the Chargers. The Chargers aren’t a threat to draft the QB the Vikings would be targeting but you could argue the Giants and Titans are. And the Chargers wouldn’t be passing on MHJ if the Cardinals have already taken him. I just don’t see for there to be a need for the Vikings (unless they trade up to 3) to trade ahead of the Chargers if the target is JJ McCarthy.

Well maybe unless they feel the Broncos or Raiders would try to trade up to 4 (obviously the Chargers most likely aren’t trading with those two teams lol)

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Disagree, I've seen 50/50 split in mocks in whether AZ takes MHJr or trades down. For what it's worth.

We'll find out soon!
          Only two days !

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Only two days !
            Tomorrow.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
              For the Cardinals, who are in need of a receiver arguably more than the Chargers, not taking MHJ imo makes no sense, considering they lost Hollywood Brown, they have a high price tag QB, they already have 2 first round picks, and considering the fact that they can have the receiver that many experts are calling one of the best receiver prospects in the last 20 years locked on a rookie deal.

Minnesota trading with the Cardinals make less sense to me than Minnesota trading with the Chargers. The Chargers aren’t a threat to draft the QB the Vikings would be targeting but you could argue the Giants and Titans are. And the Chargers wouldn’t be passing on MHJ if the Cardinals have already taken him. I just don’t see for there to be a need for the Vikings (unless they trade up to 3) to trade ahead of the Chargers if the target is JJ McCarthy.

Well maybe unless they feel the Broncos or Raiders would try to trade up to 4 (obviously the Chargers most likely aren’t trading with those two teams lol)
              The Cardinals have draft compensation - so maybe Ossenfort wants more. But, they have a QB in Murray who probably needs to take it up a level - getting your QB a top flight WR will do that. I think aside from QB and WR - the Cardinals probably have a better roster than the Chargers. Or at worst, closer than might imagine. So if Ossenfort passes on Harrison of QBs go 1-3 --well that disproves my theory

Now, for the Chargers - they need WR as much as the Cardinals but I think they also could use more depth to the roster

I will be okay though if the pick at 5 is Nabers, MHJr or even Bowers

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Cardinals have draft compensation - so maybe Ossenfort wants more. But, they have a QB in Murray who probably needs to take it up a level - getting your QB a top flight WR will do that. I think aside from QB and WR - the Cardinals probably have a better roster than the Chargers. Or at worst, closer than might imagine. So if Ossenfort passes on Harrison of QBs go 1-3 --well that disproves my theory

Now, for the Chargers - they need WR as much as the Cardinals but I think they also could use more depth to the roster

i agree. i was going to say "me too" but, you know....

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Has any team ever drafted for depth at 5? C’mon now.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

1st drafted: #5 Corey Davis
                    Best WR of this draft: #69 Cooper Kupp
                    Other notable WRs: #7 Mike Williams #62 JuJu Smith-Schuster #84 Chris Godwin

2018:
                    1st drafted: #24 D.J. Moore
                    Best WR of this draft: #40 Courtland Sutton
                    Other notable WRs: #26 Calvin Ridley #61 DJ Chark

1st drafted: #25 Marquise Brown
                    Best WR: #36 Deebo or #51 AJ Brown
                    Other notables: #56 Mercole Hardman #64 DK Metcalf #66 Diontae Johnson #76 Terry McLaurin #149 Hunter Renfrow #32 N'Keal Harry (noted for being a bust)

1st: #12 Henry Ruggs (lol Raiders)
                    Best: #22 Justin Jefferson (5th WR taken)
                    Others: #17 CeeDee Lamb #33 Tee Higgins #25 Brandon Aiyuk

1st #5 Ja'Marr Chase
                    Best Chase or #112 Amon-Ra St. Brown
                    Others: #6 Jaylen Waddle #10 DeVonta Smith #77Josh Palmer #89 Nico Collins #20 Kadarius Toney (for being crap)

1st: #8 Drake London
                    Best: # 10 Garrett Wilson or #11 Chris Olave or #52 Geo Pickens?
                    Others: #12 Jameson Williams #16 Jahan Dotson #34 Christian Watson #132 Romeo Dobbs

1st: #20 Jaxon Smith-Njigba
                    Best: #177 Puka
                    Others: #21 Quentin Johnston #22 Zay Flowers #23 Jordan Addison # 50 Jayden Reed #55 Rashee Rice (felon) # 69 Tank Dell #159 Dontayvion Wicks

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

We are getting a WR.... Hortiz has just been plaing a liars game talking up run game and pass pro and OL and along with us moving on from Mike and Keenan these draft media types somehow think Jim Harbaugh wants to take the NFL back to the stoneage and completely ignore the importance or the WR position and the passing game in general.

I bet they promised Justin a WR already so he would be more understanding of losing ALL his weapons (Both starting WR starting pass game RB and TE).
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        1st drafted: #5 Corey Davis
                        Best WR of this draft: #69 Cooper Kupp
                        Other notable WRs: #7 Mike Williams #62 JuJu Smith-Schuster #84 Chris Godwin

2018:
                        1st drafted: #24 D.J. Moore
                        Best WR of this draft: #40 Courtland Sutton
                        Other notable WRs: #26 Calvin Ridley #61 DJ Chark

1st drafted: #25 Marquise Brown
                        Best WR: #36 Deebo or #51 AJ Brown
                        Other notables: #56 Mercole Hardman #64 DK Metcalf #66 Diontae Johnson #76 Terry McLaurin #149 Hunter Renfrow #32 N'Keal Harry (noted for being a bust)

1st: #12 Henry Ruggs (lol Raiders)
                        Best: #22 Justin Jefferson (5th WR taken)
                        Others: #17 CeeDee Lamb #33 Tee Higgins #25 Brandon Aiyuk

1st #5 Ja'Marr Chase
                        Best Chase or #112 Amon-Ra St. Brown
                        Others: #6 Jaylen Waddle #10 DeVonta Smith #77Josh Palmer #89 Nico Collins #20 Kadarius Toney (for being crap)

1st: #8 Drake London
                        Best: # 10 Garrett Wilson or #11 Chris Olave or #52 Geo Pickens?
                        Others: #12 Jameson Williams #16 Jahan Dotson #34 Christian Watson #132 Romeo Dobbs

1st: #20 Jaxon Smith-Njigba
                        Best: #177 Puka
                        Others: #21 Quentin Johnston #22 Zay Flowers #23 Jordan Addison # 50 Jayden Reed #55 Rashee Rice (felon) # 69 Tank Dell #159 Dontayvion Wicks

Sutton has not been close to as good as DJ Moore....but I get the point of this.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sutton has not been close to as good as DJ Moore....but I get the point of this.
                          You are probably right about that. Oddly, Sutton has made a Pro Bowl and Moore has not. That's why I put Sutton there.

Comment

Working...
                          X