How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

I prefer a trade down just because there’s so many critical needs.

If stay at 5, then Malik Nabors is my favorite but would be okay with MHJ or Bowers.

Any of them a monster upgrades.

MHJ can do it all, but I like Nabors explosiveness and greater YAC capability. He reminds me of Deebo.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Keenan may have not been ALL PRO but he has been CONSISTENTLY ELITE for substantially longer than WR that have been all pro during his career. Like he started in 2013 like Hopkins but who would you rather have next season?
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        I prefer a trade down just because there’s so many critical needs.

If stay at 5, then Malik Nabors is my favorite but would be okay with MHJ or Bowers.

Any of them a monster upgrades.

MHJ can do it all, but I like Nabors explosiveness and greater YAC capability. He reminds me of Deebo.
        Nabers is more explosive than Deebo. Nabers is up there with Chase (might even be slightly faster) and is not far behind Tyreek. When I watch his film I actually see a number of not great throws by Daniels that he had to slow down for. A lot of his highlights look he’s playing against high schoolers. It’s not the size, but he is SO MUCH more sudden and explosive than the guys he’s playing against.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Nabers is more explosive than Deebo. Nabers is up there with Chase (might even be slightly faster) and is not far behind Tyreek. When I watch his film I actually see a number of not great throws by Daniels that he had to slow down for. A lot of his highlights look he’s playing against high schoolers. It’s not the size, but he is SO MUCH more sudden and explosive than the guys he’s playing against.
          I like your take. Nabers is quicker than MHJ and will get more separation from CB’s giving Herbert a bigger window. That means the slower CB is assigned QJ which helps QJ too! God knows he needs it.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

The best fix for WR deficiency is a dominant run game and better pass protection.

Herbert hasn’t had that since he got here. OL is as a big a priority as WR, IMO.

Is there even one road grader on the OL? We need some Kris Dielmans.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

I like your take. Nabers is quicker than MHJ and will get more separation from CB’s giving Herbert a bigger window. That means the slower CB is assigned QJ which helps QJ too! God knows he needs it.
              Nabers and MHJ are there at 5, you take Nabers ?

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

The best fix for WR deficiency is a dominant run game and better pass protection.

Herbert hasn’t had that since he got here. OL is as a big a priority as WR, IMO.

I don't know if that is the best fix, but it is one very good fix. I have said I like the Packers' approach to building a WR corps, not one superstar but four competent WRs drafted in the past two years. That approach fits will with a strong run game and a solid OL. One draw back to having an elite WR is if he's injured it severely hampers the passing attack. With a corps of WRs who are decent but none of them are a superstar, if one gets injured it doesn't set the offense back. So if they wanted to trade back and not draft Nabers or MHJ and acquire more picks with which to bolster the OL and RB position and draft a couple of decent WRs on Day 2, I would not protest that approach.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

not sure if he qualifies as a road grader, but dude just constantly/consistently knocks peoples off their spots.... defenders rarely make progress against Taliese.... Fuaga pls,
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Nabers and MHJ are there at 5, you take Nabers ?
                    Yes, although would be glad to have MHJ if he’s the pick.

If it’s one or the other, I trust the new Charger brain trust knows who will fit their schemes best.

If they do trade down, it’s going to be a hard pill to swallow knowing you are passing on either of them although I know 2 first round picks are a better option for the Chargers.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Yes, although would be glad to have MHJ if he’s the pick.

If it’s one or the other, I trust the new Charger brain trust knows who will fit their schemes best.

If they do trade down, it’s going to be a hard pill to swallow knowing you are passing on either of them although I know 2 first round picks are a better option for the Chargers.
                      If they pick at 5, I believe it will be MHJ or Bowers. As much as I really like Nabers, he’s not as polished as MHJ, who can do more, there’s nothing MHJ can’t do.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Loved "Dirty" Dielman.Him and Goff pulling, Lo leading LT was basically upstoppable.

I have no idea what the current Chargers OL can do but I'm looking forward to finding out.

They're working for 2 weeks starting today with Ben Herbert and the S&C staff. I can't wait 'till Devlin and Hardwick get to work with them.

Slater, Johnson,Salyer, Pipkins were all decent players until Moore became OC.
                        Well it's a new day.

A 3rd 1st rd OL would surprise me at 5, less so if we trade down. We absolutely need a run game and decent pass blocking.for a fact.
                        I'm not convinced that coaching can't go a long way on that install. I am convinced that the previous staff were a hard fail.
                        * Dielman was an UDFA DT when we signed him.

Run / Pass need each other and a coach who knows when to call what. Harbaugh, G-Ro are different level coaching than Herbert has had in his NFL career.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

We have multiple recent first round picks on the line. Do we really need more first round picks on the O-line or do we mostly need the better coaching?

Is it not harder to evaluate and hit on premium offensive lineman? I definitely recall guys like Tony Mandarich and Robert Gallery but I do not recall a WR that was hyped to the level of those guys that ended up busting as hard as they did. Sure there have been plenty of WR busts, but not absolute top of the draft generational prospects wide receivers that were total trash as pros......maybe some one can recall some example and call me out, please do. It would make me feel better if we actually do pass on the opportunity.
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X