How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    We are getting a WR.... Hortiz has just been plaing a liars game talking up run game and pass pro and OL and along with us moving on from Mike and Keenan these draft media types somehow think Jim Harbaugh wants to take the NFL back to the stoneage and completely ignore the importance or the WR position and the passing game in general.

I bet they promised Justin a WR already so he would be more understanding of losing ALL his weapons (Both starting WR starting pass game RB and TE).
    Absolutely we're getting a WR in this draft.

Just not in the first round. And based on that list Velo posted...that's a good thing. Even our beloved KA was a third rounder.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Absolutely we're getting a WR in this draft.

Just not in the first round. And based on that list Velo posted...that's a good thing. Even our beloved KA was a third rounder.
      He dropped into the third because he had injury history. His talent was second round grade.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

He dropped into the third because he had injury history. His talent was second round grade.
        This is true...but my point is the same. Much deeper WR draft than at OT. We will address the OL in round 1, then go from there.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

The draft is 1A and 1B deep at the top of the draft......we don't need a depth WR we can pick up in a deep WR draft. WE NEED A #1 WR and there are 2 maybe 3 in the draft, it would be a mistake not to grab one.

I am telling you its all a liars game trying to throw people off that we are not taking a WR first. WE HAVE A DESPERATE NEED AT #1 WR and the draft position to address it.

These guys are taking the pick at 5 and it is going to be a WR, trust me. Yeah they like run defense and pass pro but they are aware this is a passing league and that you don't put an elite physical talent and mental processor at the QB position like Herbert and turn him in to Trent Dilfer
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

He suffered a knee injury late in his final year at Cal in 2012 and missed the rest of the season. Before that I thought he had a 1st round grade. Anywho, he was the steal of the draft in the third round. It's not very often you draft a player in the third, you ride him hard for 11 seasons, then trade him and get a 4th round pick in return.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
              WustinSlurbert
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Yanno, a lot of people, including non Chargers fans, are dismissing the idea of the Chargers getting Brandon Aiyuk from the 49ers with a trade for the 5th pick. If the Chargers also get the 31st overall pick and yet another 3rd, why not? Aiyuk is a stud, and far and away a WR1. I'd love this. I know this only happens in an alternate universe, but my question is why are folks dismissing it?

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post
                Yanno, a lot of people, including non Chargers fans, are dismissing the idea of the Chargers getting Brandon Aiyuk from the 49ers with a trade for the 5th pick. If the Chargers also get the 31st overall pick and yet another 3rd, why not? Aiyuk is a stud, and far and away a WR1. I'd love this. I know this only happens in an alternate universe, but my question is why are folks dismissing it?
                Because 31 is like a second rounder and it's sort of getting someone elses problem resolved. Why do we want an expensive solution when we could just draft 3 receivers in this years draft. It could happen but it's not optimal for us.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                  WustinSlurbert
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Because 31 is like a second rounder and it's sort of getting someone elses problem resolved. Why do we want an expensive solution when we could just draft 3 receivers in this years draft. It could happen but it's not optimal for us.
                  I guess I'm just an Aiyuk homer. Top 7 WR, if you ask me, but the question is...could he still produce like he did without as many weapons in L.A.? I doubt we will ever know...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I'll dismiss it as well.

Why would we do that when we can just get a WR at 5 and have a cheap contract for 4 years and a 5th year option as opposed to Aiyuks 5th year option now and need to be resigned?

You don't use your 5th pick to do that.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Aiyuk is good. The ceilings of MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze are all higher. Nevermind the differences in contracts.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                        Aiyuk is good. The ceilings of MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze are all higher. Nevermind the differences in contracts.
                        This is my sentiment exactly Toss Bowers in with those three. He'll likely be the #1 receiver on the team who drafts him. These four rookies are also 4-5 years younger than Aiyuk as well.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Because we just cut two WRs because of high salary, the Chargers will have no appetite to pay Ayuik 25 million a year.

Comment

Working...
                          X