How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

McConkey’s short area quicks should open up QJ’s long speed as well.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      McConkey’s short area quicks should open up QJ’s long speed as well.
      What long speed? He had one of the worst separation grades in the history of the NFL.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

What long speed? He had one of the worst separation grades in the history of the NFL.
        Write off last year. Watch his college tape. Watch his game against Michigan.
        😎

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Thoroughly believe QJ was drafted a year too early, then dropped into one of the worst situations in the league. He’s gonna open some eyes.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Thoroughly believe QJ was drafted a year too early, then dropped into one of the worst situations in the league. He’s gonna open some eyes.
            We had a dingbat for OC last year...He couldn't figure out how to improve oline. He couldn't figure out how to use our talent and they cleared the decks because of him.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

All he has to do is catch 40 balls for 500-600 yds and 4-5 TDs. The way this WR corps is being constructed, they don't need one player to stand out and be elite. You expect more production from a 1st round pick, but it's a new day under a new regime who didn't draft QJ, so they aren't going to expect him to be great. If QJ can produce these modest numbers, the offense will cook.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You really have never watched McConkey play have you

Seriously - you never saw him play
                Ah the old you don’t like a player I like so I’ll attack your opinion by saying you never saw him play routine. Sorry I never watched every draft prospect play their college ball therefore the scouting report that the scouts did that I researched is invalid… riiiight.

IMG_4942.jpg

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                  Since this is his last year under contract and WRs prices are extremely high right now and H&H clearly dont value WRs at market level it’s a pretty safe bet to say that Palmer isn’t in their long term plans.

But hey I’m sure H&H will change their mind and pay Palmer Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I was referencing Davis but McC has his own issues. He’s very similar to Davis with better hands but worse YAC. He seems to have issues transitioning from catching to running. But either way they both fill the same role, small fast WRs who play in the slot well. Maybe McC can play the outside but he’s a natural slot guy.

QJ needs to step up this year because Palmer is gone after his year. If QJ figures it out then maybe we’re in solid shape. Since we’re going for a run first play action offense we need a big play blazing player to keep safety’s honest. Maybe that’s QJ but we really need more speed to threaten the home run every play. Maybe that’s McC but based on his size and profile I doubt he can beat big physical corners on the outside.
                    You crack me up - 'big play blazer to keep safety's honest'. You do realize that McConkey's much faster than QJ, right? Right behind DD in the speed category - DD = 4.36, McC = 4.39 (QJ = 4.5). Our best downfield threat is McConkey . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

You crack me up - 'big play blazer to keep safety's honest'. You do realize that McConkey's much faster than QJ, right? Right behind DD in the speed category - DD = 4.36, McC = 4.39 (QJ = 4.5). Our best downfield threat is McConkey . . . . . . . .
                      Yep, McC is fast. He’s also tiny and has trouble with physical corners getting off the line. He’s a slot guy who likes to get off without the contact and putting him outside is going to reduce his effectiveness. It’s really not hard to understand the difference in body types and how WRs play, try harder next time.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yep, McC is fast. He’s also tiny and has trouble with physical corners getting off the line. He’s a slot guy who likes to get off without the contact and putting him outside is going to reduce his effectiveness. It’s really not hard to understand the difference in body types and how WRs play, try harder next time.
                        We'll see. He's close to 6' tall and 190 lbs - not exactly small, and put up 13 reps at 225 at the combine. Those numbers match up favorably with most CB's. More importantly he's got the quickness and release skills to win at the LOS. I do expect most of his work for us to come from the slot - mostly because QJ and Palmer are better suited to being outside.

He's going to dust the bigger CB's if they play press man . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X