• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
    Why are people still acting as if McCoy's job is in danger? The Broncos and Falcons wins saved his job indefinitely.
    Who cares? Whisenhunt isn't going to be any better.

Time to clean house after the season is done. One thing I've learned this year is that this team has the talent but it needs the right coaches to win.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Why are people still acting as if McCoy's job is in danger? The Broncos and Falcons wins saved his job indefinitely.
      If by indefinitely you mean through the end of the season than I agree. What happens between now and then will determine if he is brought back after this season.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

If we change the head coach, we'd still need to keep this offense intact, including retain Whiz as an offensive coordinator. He isn't a good head coach but is a good OC. Overall he has done a good job here. Yes, he will call dumb plays here and there, it's the same with many good coordinators, Charlie Weis, Todd Haley, McDaniel, etc. sometime they just outsmart themselves. It's the overall results and the production of the unit that you look at, not just some bad calls.

Whiz and Rivers are good in this system. You don't want to change the system again, how many elite years will Rivers have left? I don't buy Brady playing into his 40s one bit. Remember how Peyton Manning looked so unstoppable just a few years ago in DEN under McCoy and Adam Gase? It takes just a few hits and a tough stretch for an old QB to decline rapidly. NE would be stupid to let Garoppolo go, lol.

System change require players change. You need players fit that system. You only change the system when it just didn't fit your franchise players. And this system fits our franchise players. This system fits Rivers perfectly.

It would be a nightmarish scenario if we go back to the Air Coryell offense (7 steps drop, perfect timing, deep ball, requires a very good OL and deep threats that has great chemistry with the QB), or the West Coast offense (requires a mobile QB and receivers who can run after the catch).

Even with all the injuries, this is a great offense, a very efficient offense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

"If" we hire a new head coach, we need a head coach with a defensive background, or a Boss Ross, Marty, John Harbaugh type who let the offensive coordinators do their job.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          The Chargers. It only takes two wins to save a job.

<sarahmaclachlansadsong>
          One.
          And awesome reference..
          Somebody rep this post for me.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            One.
            And awesome reference..
            Somebody rep this post for me.
            #sorryhoarse

Comment

• FiftyFive
              Dean Spanos is a traitor!
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              If by indefinitely you mean through the end of the season than I agree.
              Have you forgotten who owns this team? McCoy and co. could easily use the injury excuse and save their jobs for another year. Especially if we fall backwards into our usual 7 to 9 wins, which could happen with how soft the remaining schedule is.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Have you forgotten who owns this team? McCoy and co. could easily use the injury excuse and save their jobs for another year. Especially if we fall backwards into our usual 7 to 9 wins, which could happen with how soft the remaining schedule is.
                Certainly true, but I'd give it a 50/50 unless McCoy's contract goes through 2017. Then his chances of staying increase, using "injuries" as the reason.

Also, the team is REALLY banged up man. That might counteract the easier schedule.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                  I'd give it a 50/50 unless McCoy's contract goes through 2017.
                  Mccoys contract goes through 2017.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

wishful thinking is all
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Maverick
                      (Coryellian)
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Point Loma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      wishful thinking is all
                      More like Whis-hful thinking

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Count me in as wishful, hopeful, and prayerful, that McCoy and the whole staff is not here next year. They need a whole new philosophy from head coach on down to assistant coaches. One thing that will not change is ownership unfortunately.

McCoy - just bad decision maker period, not a motivator

Whiz- unfortunately I think some of McCoy has rubbed off on him with questionable play calling

Pags- I think he has always been over-rated , the defense is playing better with Bosa up front, the talent over-all on D is better and I think a better D-coordinator gets them playing at a very high level

Special Teams coach- I don't even know who the hell he is, but we have nothing special about our special teams

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                          Mccoys contract goes through 2017.
                          We're doomed!
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X